Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best and the worst of Tattoos.
Tattoos... whenever you like them or dislike them, you have to admit that sometimes when you see a well-done tattoo, you just stop and go "wow, that's beautiful!"

like those ones:
[Image: cherryblossomtat1.jpg]

[Image: l_2b0ccbbe66d1a43514c3d0b12c06d989.jpg]

[Image: angel_wings_tattoo_by_cannibol.jpg]

[Image: sidetatt1.jpg]

[Image: geektattoo.jpg]

The worst I've seen:
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae106...C06036.jpg
WTF? so putting a giant eyeball on the side of your neck.... who the hell thinks that is a good idea?

[Image: zombiedone.jpg]

putting a cartoony zombie girl on your arm... yeah, I don't see him still wanting that thing on his arm in a few years. S6

[Image: tattoo-7.jpg]
at first this doesn't seem so bad.. but when I start thinking about what the person was thinking when she got this tattoo... and it starts having some unfortunate implications, especially with the way it's written on her wrists.

So what's the best and the worst tattoos that you've ever seen?
Quote: “A society that puts equality… ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality or freedom…a society that puts freedom first will, as a happy by-product, end up with both greater freedom and greater equality.” --Milton Friedman
relax. it's only the internet!
[Image: 129068760812206048.jpg]

You can find all sorts here at http://ugliesttattoos.com/
[Image: SalmaHayekcopy.jpg]
That Zombie one cracked me up. It is not a tatoo. It is a military weapon. I can tell because of the bible verse on it: Rom 14:4 "Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand."
That cellaphane wrapping of Edwards' wife over crossed bones is funny also.
It's a great thing that none of the above have complete shots, or their names. Why? Because they are All masochistic Idiots! Why anyone would want to mutilate themselves this way, is totally beyond me.

Why don't the guys just try to look like a macho fellow instead. How about something that looks somewhat like SS-Obersturmbannführer Otto Skorzeny, who actually earned his the hard way. He won it in a duel, with swords. Now that is wearing one's macho for everyone to see.

[Image: skorzeny.png]

Skorzeny was perhaps the most fearless leader in the last century, and no matter what the Allies tried to pin on him, they had nothing that they could make stick, war crimes wise. He was just the ultimate warrior. I could be wrong, but I don't think Col. Skorzeny would be favorably inclined to tattoos.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
Tatoos are a fad, nothing more. They have been around forever - but things that are acceptable in respectable society are usually different than things common in edgy cultures. In the 80's white kids in high school cut their hair with shaved sides and a top knot to emulate the Black basketball athletes. They were called "wiggers" and most people laughed at them. Black kids wore their pants low showing their underwear - most not realizing it was emulating the prison inmates who showed they were available for sex. Same thing, now all the white kids do it and it has transcended its roots. I still am amused that none of them has a clue about what they are shouting at the world.

Tatoos still identify gang members, Russia mafia, or tongs; as well as military brothers and special forces-types. Kids imitate them without earning them. There have also always been carnival folk that decorated their bodies for the art - usually to make money. It has gained acceptance now but will go away tomorrow. That's the way fads are.

It used to be that the worse stories about old guys with sagging tattoos was in covering up old names of lovers or putting bras and panties on naughty pictures. There are going to be some sad stories in a few years, and many people wondering why they did the things they did way back when.
Doing stupid things, which are reversable, are far better than doing those things, which are permanent. Shaving hair, to look like a Mohawk, painting skin and nails, letting nails grow unusually long, etc, are easily reversed. Tattoos are permanent, and can only be removed, via a painful process, which double dips into the individual's pocketbook.

It's still Stupid!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
It can also be toxic. Many tattoo "artists" have been thrown in prison for injuries they've caused.
As lovely as those tattoos are, they pale in comparison to unspoiled skin.

I recommend artists use canvas as a canvas rather than people.
John L Wrote:It's a great thing that none of the above have complete shots, or their names. Why?
Regardless of your ability to understand, it is their choice. Isn't America great that way?
That deal where Skorzeny flew into Rome on a drone and rescued Mussolini has to rate up there with the top raids of all time. Entebbe was as well.
Biker Dude Wrote:
John L Wrote:It's a great thing that none of the above have complete shots, or their names. Why?
Regardless of your ability to understand, it is their choice. Isn't America great that way?

Regardless of your ability to understand my point, America is still great. Of course, it is their choice. But it is also my choice, and liberty, to express my opinion, is it not?
Palladin Wrote:That deal where Skorzeny flew into Rome on a drone and rescued Mussolini has to rate up there with the top raids of all time. Entebbe was as well.

He was the ultimate manly man. I understand the ladies were attracted to him like bees to honey. And that scar was a plus for his appearance.

Actually, Mussolini was being held on a mountain top, and Skorzeny's paratroopers had to come in by glider. It was one of the best rescue missions in history.
John L Wrote:
Biker Dude Wrote:

Regardless of your ability to understand my point, America is still great. Of course, it is their choice. But it is also my choice, and liberty, to express my opinion, is it not?
Rest assured, I got your point. I just find your heavy handed condemnation of those different than you and those that choose different than you to be, disappointing. Specially for one claiming to espouse Classical Liberal ideals.
I have saved a fine photo of an attractive woman with a heck of a bunch of tats. I just don't know how to post it and it is "rather revealing" of much skin,but,not nude.

I like attractive women so much,they are works of art. Don't know if John would allow it or not.
I don't get it - he must give up his ability and right to make a judgement?

I am not a tattoo fan, I think alot of tattoos are stupid, and would never get one. I don't care if someone else has them.

To me, the best is what Pixi said - unspoiled skin. Girls with tattoos lower their appeal to me more for some reason - though some are pretty with or without them.
Gunnen4u Wrote:I don't get it - he must give up his ability and right to make a judgement?

I am not a tattoo fan, I think alot of tattoos are stupid, and would never get one. I don't care if someone else has them.

To me, the best is what Pixi said - unspoiled skin. Girls with tattoos lower their appeal to me more for some reason - though some are pretty with or without them.
Hmmm...please feel free to point out where I said this? Or maybe you are talking to someone else?

I am a tattoo fan. And I think a lot of them are stupid. Why else do you think I cam up a site called uglytattoos.com so easily?

Girls with tattoo's raise their appeal. But I don't find it necessary to call people that don't like them names, and it would be easy to come up with some.

I find his second rate attempt at psychobabble to be obnoxious. His attempt to label it as visible machismo is laughable at best, wrong headed at worst.

I simply think John is getting so entrenched in his ways that not only can he not understand anybody that differs from him, I think he finds it necessary to insult and belittle those that differ.
Biker Dude Wrote:Hmmm...please feel free to point out where I said this? Or maybe you are talking to someone else?

If you want to get pedantic, or are you using the fact you literally didn't say it to claim you never did?

you Wrote:I just find your heavy handed condemnation of those different than you and those that choose different than you to be, disappointing. Specially for one claiming to espouse Classical Liberal ideals.

What else does this mean besides what I asked? If he is claiming to hold those beliefs, why are his judgments and such disappointing? Seriously, if you mean something else, be plain and say it.

Quote:Girls with tattoo's raise their appeal. But I don't find it necessary to call people that don't like them names, and it would be easy to come up with some.

Different strokes for different folks. I don't find them *faulty* either way, just in terms of sex appeal they may be different as ours tastes are.

Quote:I simply think John is getting so entrenched in his ways that not only can he not understand anybody that differs from him, I think he finds it necessary to insult and belittle those that differ.

He is still entitled say something. I do not really agree with half his assessments, but at this point, BFD. Call him what you will then. I am sure if can dole it out, he can take it too.
Pixiest Wrote:As lovely as those tattoos are, they pale in comparison to unspoiled skin.
I agree.
For example, in artistic nude photography more and more models are sporting tattoos. They ruin the shot most every time.

The worst tattoos are the copycat ones. My sisters skank stamp for example.
How unique is it when most everyone her age has one like it?
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
And you think I am being pedantic? :lol: What it means is exactly what it said. If you hold beliefs that personal property is sacrosanct, and you body is your own personal property, I don't see how condemnation of people for something they do to their property jives with your beliefs. Which is what I said. Plainly. In those words. I did leave out the part about personal property, but it is part and parcel of Classical Liberal beliefs, and should be understood by one.

Again, please point out where I said he was not entitled to say anything? And then I will find posts where I have repeatedly said that Jane is John's personal property and as long as he is paying the bills he can say whatever he wants. My point was to point out what I perceived as a schism between what he says his beliefs are and this thread. To my perceptions they seemed to run counter to each other. If I offended your delicate sensibilities, I am sure you will get over it.

As for John if he is bothered by what I said, I am quite sure he can let me know that himself.