Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London Bombing Claimed By Al Qaida group
Al Qaida claim over blasts
7 July 2005

Al Qaida terrorists have claimed responsibility for the London blasts on an Islamic website and said that "Britain is burning with fear".

The unverified claim, made on the Al-Qal'ah - Fortress - internet site, was posted by a group calling themselves the Secret Organisation Group of Al-Qa'ida of Jihad Organisation in Europe.
-----------------------------

At first I thought that this may have something to do with Israel, since Netanyahu was aware of the threat prior to the bombing. So, was it really an Al-Qaida action or possibly from some other group.

And why the Brits first, since they are an island. It would appear that Italy, or some other continental target would be easier to hit.

And what will this do to the British resolve. Personally, I can picture the 'stiff upper lip' getting a bit stiffer.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
More then 30 die in London Blasts - BBC News
Where is this Group based? They are a splinter of Al qaeda right? Maybe they were already there?
I'm surprised too, Britain granted asylum only for 20000 chechen terrorists from Chechnya including Zakayev. I hope Vanessa Redgrave is happy. Congrats, Britain! You deserve your fate.
"Congratulations, America - you deserve your fate!"

Don't be an ass.
Javelin Wrote:"Congratulations, America - you deserve your fate!"

Don't be an ass.
Everybody deserve his fate including America and Russia. There were two British citizens among islamists terrorists in Beslan. Britain was not alarmed, it was problem of Russia. Todays events in Britain are the results of british wise policy...
Well, at least you are being an evenhanded ass.
Ehmm..., it's much better...
Sorry, I did mean that as a lessening - I mean, I do prefer those who are evenhanded in their judgements.

S2
Imam Tony Blair condemns bombers who "act in name of Islam" I guess, they refuse to learn.
Javelin Wrote:Sorry, I did mean that as a lessening - I mean, I do prefer those who are evenhanded in their judgements.

S2
I understand. Gloating is a great sin and I feel sorry for Brits, who were exploded, but Britain as a state did a lot to support islamists in Russia. And continue to support. What goes around comes around. We had at least 5-6 similar terrorist acts in Moscow only last 10 years. I'm glad to share my problems with supporters of terrorists. May be it will stimulate their brain activity.
bh Wrote:
Javelin Wrote:Sorry, I did mean that as a lessening - I mean, I do prefer those who are evenhanded in their judgements.

S2
I understand. Gloating is a great sin and I feel sorry for Brits, who were exploded, but Britain as a state did a lot to support islamists in Russia. And continue to support. What goes around comes around. We had at least 5-6 similar terrorist acts in Moscow only last 10 years. I'm glad to share my problems with supporters of terrorists. May be it will stimulate their brain activity.

If that is the case, then when is France going to get it's 'comeupitence'? When will there be hundreds of surrender monkeys lying on the street in little bloody pieces?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
I doubt that France will ever be attacked. They seem to go after nations whom are closely allied with us.

Spain has been left alone since Madrid, and France/Germany have alway opposed any Iraq conflict, so its likely they will be left alone as well.
John, french are naive, but at least they hadn't granted assylum for known terrorists. I despise Andre Gluksman for example, but he is talker only. I don't know about participation of french islamists in September,11 events or in Russia. Their islamists are their problems. May be I'm mistaken, but terrorists who participated in September,11 were from Germany. France is irritant, but they aren't criminals, if suicide is not crime.
Well, I'll tell you this. The French are eventually going to get their own brand of justice put out to them. And the longer it takes, the more severe the action.

Do not think for one minute that these Islamic killers think well of them. They are simply disdained and despised for the weak and immoral country it is.

They will get theirs yet. And I would not be surprised if they do not eventually feel the effects of the 'mushroom cloud'.
H. L. Mencken
Reporting from Edinburgh UK

An interesting few days G8 + riots, 'Make Poverty History Campaign', London secures 2012 Olympics and then bombings the next day.

There's a saying about the London buses you wait for ages for one to come and then they all come together!

A few observations the Mohammedans claim on their web-site that fear, terror etc it gripping all parts of the UK. These guys need their daily w*nk. Sure fear would have gripped the people involved in the bombings; as for the rest of the UK this is not the case. I would judge the mood as ranging from indifference to contempt.

There are other voices which link the bomings to UK involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is reasonable. However, even amongst these voices, there is still contempt for these people.

The point made by the guy from Moscow that UK has given refuge to Chechens. The government 's view is that both Russia and Chechens have behaved badly in the conflict if Russians feel that UK is getting a taste of the same medicine - so be it. The main point however is that the Mohammedans do not see support for Chechens or for Kosovans as mitigating factors.

On a practical level the working hypothesis is that these Mohammedan terorists are home-grown. Additionally, one of the bombings was on a bus and again the assumption is that the bombers were on the way to the Underground (subway) and blew themselves up by mistake, so whilst they are enjoying the Virgins, forensics will be examining their entrails.
Finding myself mostly agreeing with bh.

The French do seem to be doing a better job of watching for terrorists; they, for example, deported some of the more vocal imams. OTOH, London has become perhaps the main Islamist center in the West, at least as far as propaganda goes.

Chechens are not directly relevant to this attack (albeit I understand the sense of justice fulfilled expressed in the posts above), but Livingstone, Halloway, and a collection of radical imams are.

(Halloway, of course, already blamed Blair for Afghanistan and Iraq).

Here is a bit on Livingstone:

Quote:London Mayor Defended 'Theologian of Terror'
Sherrie Gossett
Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) - London Mayor Ken Livingstone's previous support of a Muslim cleric who advocates suicide bombings may cause him some embarrassment as he now must speak for the city in the wake of Thursday's terrorist bombings.

Livingstone condemned the Thursday attacks as "mass murder," and added that "this was not a terrorist attack against the mighty or the powerful, it is not aimed at presidents or prime ministers, it was aimed at ordinary working-class Londoners."

Yet Livingstone has in the past labeled Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi a "man of peace" and a "moderate," despite the fact that Al-Qaradawi has supported suicide bombings and the targeting of American allies.

Moslems coming home to roost, or what was the expression?
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

A very optimistic commentary from National Review

Quote:Londonistan No More
A new Finest Hour?

By John F. Cullinan
How will Britain respond?
Initial commentary has focused on Britain's Finest Hour, the stalwart response to the Luftwaffe Blitz. But a more relevant precedent may be the reaction to the 1974 Birmingham pub bombings (21 killed, 182 wounded), when the Irish Troubles first spilled over onto the British mainland. Parliament responded almost instantly with the draconian Prevention of Terrorism Act, which set a modern record for enactment within 48 hours of its initial introduction.

Look for Tony Blair to sever the Gordian knot manufactured by Britain's Law Lords and to take the fight to the enemy. Britain is not Spain, which responded to the Madrid attacks with surrender and appeasement. Last week Britain celebrated the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, which turned the tide against Napoleon's totalitarian project. It is to be hoped that Blair will rise to level of Nelson's exhortation that "England expects that every man will do his duty."

We shall see what happens, but let us realize that the way the Brits respond may determine if they are to survive.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

as for the Fraunch, are they not also pissing in the Islamic wind by forcing their women to reveal their faces in schools? doesn't this count as a reason for Jihad?

but you all raise very interesting points about today's misadventure.

for myself, i feel something is not right here, and i cannot explain it.

maybe it has something to do with the IRA being the culprit of almost every terrorist incident in the UK since the 70's.

i am not so quick to assume it was AQ. they have nothing to benefit here. they are ensuring their own demise.
[Image: 760.png]
Quote:maybe it has something to do with the IRA being the culprit of almost every terrorist incident in the UK since the 70's.

IRA had two rules about terrorist attacks on English soil. I, don't go after the Royal family, and 2, avoid killing innocent civilians. It simply would not have helped the cause by getting all the Blokes riled up.

That is just what is happening here. People are starting to get all riled up. Obviously this was an Islamic attack that failed in it's attempt to create terror, and also in causing the populance to want to quit.
H. L. Mencken

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  London bombing suspect a convicted thief and mugger Seabird 19 5,225 07-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Gunnen4u