Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Florida Restaurant Reports
Coming down for a vacation? Live here?

See how clean that restaurant is before you go:

Behind the Kitchen Door
Search our interactive inspection database to simultaneously check current and past restaurant inspections and disciplinary fines. Database includes restaurant inspections and disciplinary actions for all restaurants from January 1, 2007 to present for Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough(Tampa), Manatee (Bradenton), Orange(Orlando), Pasco, Pinellas(St. Pete, Clearwater & Tarpon Springs), Polk(Lakeland), Sumter and Sarasota (-Venice) counties.

Each inspection report is a "snapshot" of conditions present at the time of the inspection. Start your search here to find out what's really going on "Behind the Kitchen Door."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/res...earch.aspx
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Interesting, and depressing if one of your favs is on the list and not passing the inspections well.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
I should give you an El Paso restaurant report.....most are nice I guess, but there is alot of dingy greasy spoons though.
Interesting.
The Outback Steakhouse I ate at last weekend had some cleanliness (food contact surface) issues listed.
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
JohnWho Wrote:Interesting, and depressing if one of your favs is on the list and not passing the inspections well.

Cleanliness, or lack thereof, is the direct result of good, or poor, management. Nothing more, and nothing less.

I used to manage the Sweetwater Cracker Barrel, in the mid-late 70s, and I learned that there is always one way to tell whether or not you want to eat at a resturant. Before you sit down, walk to the restrooms, and look around. If it is not clean, you Don't want to eat there. The kitchen will usually be on par with the restaurant's bathrooms.

That's something I learned from the company's founder. Clean bathroom, clean kitchen. Dirty bathroom, dirty kitchen. It isn't always the case, but more times than naught.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

John L Wrote:
JohnWho Wrote:Interesting, and depressing if one of your favs is on the list and not passing the inspections well.

Cleanliness, or lack thereof, is the direct result of good, or poor, management. Nothing more, and nothing less.

I used to manage the Sweetwater Cracker Barrel, in the mid-late 70s, and I learned that there is always one way to tell whether or not you want to eat at a resturant. Before you sit down, walk to the restrooms, and look around. If it is not clean, you Don't want to eat there. The kitchen will usually be on par with the restaurant's bathrooms.

That's something I learned from the company's founder. Clean bathroom, clean kitchen. Dirty bathroom, dirty kitchen. It isn't always the case, but more times than naught.

That is very good advice. Does anyone have any chains or particular places they stay away from? My two individual places are both in Las Vegas. Buffet at the Sahara and the Rain Forest Cafe at the MGM. The Atlanta Bread Co. at St. Pete's Baywalk had some problems in the past but great now. The Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station in NYC made my wife very sick. She threw up while in line at TKTS -yuck. For a minute the cops thought she was drunk but when I told them where we had lunch they became very sympathetic -maybe they know something...
And until we meet again,
Updated link to inspection reports:

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.as...SID=&brd=H
And until we meet again,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida beach health reports veritas 0 664 04-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Last Post: veritas