Poll: Will Schartzenegger Approve Gay Marriage Bill?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
1 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Gropenator Sign Gay Marriage Bill?
The Cali legislature has passed a bill to LEGALIZE gay marriage in California.
What will the gropenator do?
Sign it or not?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...esex06.TMP
I think he'll sign it. Schwarzenegger has been a vocal supporter of gay marriage in the past, and this could be a singular opportunity to boost his falling popularity.
Actually, it will be a very interesting decision for him.
He is on record saying this shouldn't be done through the legislature, and the majority of California voters are against it. Yes, his polls are in the toilet, and it wouldn't help him there either. He has probably already given up his dream of being president (it is both unconstitutional and he is not a success), so that probably isn't a factor. Bottom line, he doesn't really win either way, so it might be a reflection of the "real" Arnold, whatever that is.
Well, he is on record saying that he, personally, has no problem with gay marriage.

Even though the majority of Californians are against gay marriage, I think legalizing gay marriage would help his popularity because opposing Bush in such a public manner would increase his popularity.
Don't bet on it too much.

He might take a middle road and make civil unions (with all the benefits and all that happy crap) legal or something.
Oh, you mean the second class citizen so called "solution". No thanks. Separate but equal is not equal, black Americans know that.
Governator has no political future without *some* support from the right, signing this thing would eliminate it for good.

Unlikely to happen, imo.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

I think this is still up in the air. He likes to be seen as a more independent minded "maverick" but if I had to bet money, I guess it is more likely he will not sign.
As I have stated on other forums as well, I personally don't care one way or the other on this one.

However, you homosexuals should be careful of what you wish for, as the chances of successfully having a tranquil marriage are worst that dismal. And the amount of money that lawyers will consifcate from you in the process will leave your above average incomes in their hands when all is said and done.

At least among male homosexuals. Females, which are a small minority, will be much more stable. You guys are in for a rough ride on this one.

Be careful of what you ask for, as you just may get it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
You mean all marriages suck, or just ones involving two men S6
Anonymous24 Wrote:You mean all marriages suck, or just ones involving two men S6

NO. What I am stating is that a marriage involving Two males is a sure fire recipe for disaster. By nature, males are the more promiscuous of the two sexes, because of how they pass their genes.

And too, it is the female who acts as the civilizing influence on any marriage. If you do not have this civilizing influence, the relationship will be doomed fromt he 'git go'.

Imagine two males, who are having sex on a continuing basis. They will also tend to resort to sex outside the marriage. At least one will tend to do so. And when one of them brings home a nice little 'friend' that can only be seen through a microscope, it will not sit well with the partner. In fact, it will most likely end in a horribly viscious divorce.

Two males are a guaranteed recipe for marital disaster. And the lawyers will be the big winners here. Trust me on this one. Wink1

The really 'smart' male homosexuals will avoid marriage like the "Plague".
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Gay people are seeking the RIGHT to marry.
They are not seeking to be OBLIGATED to marry.
It is a simple matter of equality and civil rights.
With hetero marriages at divorce rates over 50 percent, you have a lot of nerve preaching to a group that has not even had the chance to mess things up like you lot.
I do think that if legal, the rate of marriage among gays will be much lower among straights. So what?
Personally, I would only do it for economic reasons, like health insurance or immigration rights, but every adult has their own reasons, and as free and equal Americans, we deserve the right to PURSUE happiness and also to fall flat on our faces, just like everyone else.
Thaiquila Wrote:Gay people are seeking the RIGHT to marry.
With hetero marriages at divorce rates over 50 percent, you have a lot of nerve preaching to a group that has not even had the chance to mess things up like you lot.
I do think that if legal, the rate of marriage among gays will be much lower among straights. So what?
Personally, I would only do it for economic reasons, like health insurance or immigration rights, but every adult has their own reasons, and as free and equal Americans, we deserve the right to PURSUE happiness and also to fall flat on our faces, just like everyone else.

Marriage is a civil rights issue? How about pedophiles, they have te same civil rights? How about necrophiliacs? If civil rights is based on sexual preference where do you draw the line? How do you exclude other deviant sexual behavior but allow homosexuality?
I have seen the fnords.
Because homosexuality is consensual.
John L Wrote:
Anonymous24 Wrote:You mean all marriages suck, or just ones involving two men S6

NO. What I am stating is that a marriage involving Two males is a sure fire recipe for disaster. By nature, males are the more promiscuous of the two sexes, because of how they pass their genes.

And too, it is the female who acts as the civilizing influence on any marriage. If you do not have this civilizing influence, the relationship will be doomed fromt he 'git go'.

Imagine two males, who are having sex on a continuing basis. They will also tend to resort to sex outside the marriage. At least one will tend to do so. And when one of them brings home a nice little 'friend' that can only be seen through a microscope, it will not sit well with the partner. In fact, it will most likely end in a horribly viscious divorce.

Two males are a guaranteed recipe for marital disaster. And the lawyers will be the big winners here. Trust me on this one. Wink1

The really 'smart' male homosexuals will avoid marriage like the "Plague".

Well I like stereotypes too, but I can't seem to find a grain of truth in these ones.
Gary Wrote:
Thaiquila Wrote:Gay people are seeking the RIGHT to marry.

Marriage is a civil rights issue? How about pedophiles, they have te same civil rights? How about necrophiliacs? If civil rights is based on sexual preference where do you draw the line? How do you exclude other deviant sexual behavior but allow homosexuality?
OK, you have a point.
Since heterosexuals have already PROVEN that they don't value marriage (over a 50 percent DIVORCE rate) lets make it ILLEGAL for them to marry, and give gay people (who have no record to judge on yet) the right to marry.
Really, dude, your argument is so incredibly tired and lame. Talk about red baiting.
I was not aware that Governor Schwarzeneggar was unsuccessful. Everytime I have heard, he has been very successful, accomplishing things that others said for years were impossible. When you start out with patently false propaganda, it kind of diminishes your whole crediblity. Of course, calling him the "gropenator" is a pretty clear signal that you're on the left side of the aisle.

The homosexual agenda has always been obnoxious for these reasons: Despite what some homosexual psychologists say, homosexuality is a deviant, unhealthy and unnatural perversion, contrary to human nature. If anyone can prove there is really something physiological that "makes" them be homosexual, then I will retract my opinion of it. But since homosexuals themselves insist that their sexual orientation is a "lifestyle choice," they have already destroyed their position. Also, the homosexual agenda has always been obnoxious because it goes beyond securing any imagined "equal rights" they supposedly deserve; they demand that everyone has to approve of them, and that God, Christianity, and the Bible have to be dismissed, ridiculed, and if necessary outlawed (as "hate speech," etc.) in an attempt to force the beliefs and consciences of those who believe in God, the Bible, and who are Christians. Such tyranny will never win out in the end. It will always backfire. To pit "gay rights" against religious liberty is insanely stupid.
Ronnie,
cute critter you got there.
I meant Arnold was a failure because he is now widely hated in California, poll numbers in the toilet, and will have a hard to being reelected, much less ever become president, which everyone knows is what he really wants.

As far as your gay bashing bs, I am too tired to be sucked into your troll baiting. I am not playing.
Thaiquila Wrote:As far as your gay bashing bs, I am too tired to be sucked into your troll baiting. I am not playing.

This is rich coming from you.
Gunnen4u Wrote:
Thaiquila Wrote:As far as your gay bashing bs, I am too tired to be sucked into your troll baiting. I am not playing.

This is rich coming from you.
Granted.