Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheriff Joe Arpaio stripped of immigrant policing powers
According to this British article, Sheriff Joe has been biotched slap by The One.

I think Himself is jealous?

...And does Frank Sharry, executive director of immigration reform advocacy group America's Voice, really equate all Latinos with illegal immigrants?
They are going to have a very hard time stopping him from enforcing the law. In fact I fully expect this to be a Supreme Court case eventually, one way or the other. If illegal immigration is illegal, then he cannot be stopped from enforcing the law.

They will make life difficult for him though, but he has PR on his side IMO.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Joe will follow his past track record and keep on keeping on.. He gets reelected by overwhelming majorities every time. The people (except for the criminals) love him. He's an arrogant, narcissistic jackass, but he's telling the bureaucrats to piss off.
Huh...What? Wrote:The people (except for the criminals) love him.

Ah, but that is the rub -

we can't be upsetting the criminals, Pelosi simply will not allow that.

S2
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Huh...What? Wrote:Joe will follow his past track record and keep on keeping on.. He gets reelected by overwhelming majorities every time. The people (except for the criminals) love him. He's an arrogant, narcissistic jackass, but he's telling the bureaucrats to piss off.
At some level I think all politicians are. Don't you have to be to be convinced that only you can do it? Or do it better than the other guy? :lol:
[Image: SalmaHayekcopy.jpg]
Yeah, but Arpaio takes it to extremes. This is a guy who had to be told by a court that he couldn't use tax payer money to keep a library of his tv and radio appearances, and newspaper and magazine clippings.

He is a self-centered jerk. However, even a self-centered jerk can be right.
Huh...What? Wrote:Yeah, but Arpaio takes it to extremes. This is a guy who had to be told by a court that he couldn't use tax payer money to keep a library of his tv and radio appearances, and newspaper and magazine clippings.

He is a self-centered jerk. However, even a self-centered jerk can be right.

In other words, another Bill O'Reilly want-a-be? S6
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

No. He could give O'Reilly a run for his money. This is a guy who holds press conferences when he takes a crap. Most of his "revolutionary ideas" were already being done by other sheriffs in AZ. They didn't feel the need to hold press conferences about it.

None of that changes the fact that he is right on the illegal aliens, and everyone knows it.
Ok

This rogue coppers deserves a taste of his own fascist medicine.
What's rogue about arresting outlaws,Mr Thaq?
Something "rogue" about telling a law enforcement officer to not enforce the law, I would think.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Exactly. I don't think Mr Thaqster was calling Obama a fascist,though he clearly is a fascist. In economic view as well as his tendency towards trying to use power he does not legitimately possess.
Which power would that be? The power to arrest criminals in his jurisdiction?
I question how he apprehends people w/o "probable cause"(being a Mexican native isn't probable cause IMO),but,I do admire his attitude towards Washington.

His problem is the governor of the state won't support him. We have a deal here where our legislature passed a similar law to the one Tait described in Montana whereby it is our law if ammo is made here,the fed has no jurisdiction.

Literally one cannot argue that this violates the federal constituion. However,the ATF informed our governor the feds disagreed with our law and the fed law "supercedes" state law. It doesn't,that is not how our federalist system works.

IF I were our Governor,I would inform the feds that any fed agent will be arrested in Tennessee if they violate any citizen's rights down here. I'd like to see Arizona's governor make the same pronouncements.
Quote:I question how he apprehends people w/o "probable cause"

He doesn't. He floods an area with deputies who watch for people breaking the law (traffic, or other). When they do, they get pulled over and ticketed. In the process of ticketing, ids are checked. That is when they catch the illegals. His stand is that he doesn't need anyone's approval to do this. I agree.

In addition, AZ has strict laws about hiring illegals. When he gets reliable info on employers who are using illegals, he raids the place. Then he has probable cause to check everyone's id, which nets him more illegals. Again, he doesn't really need anyone's authorization to do this.

Arpaio is what's known as a "war-time hero - peace-time shmuck". If it wasn't for the fact that AZ is overrun with illegals aliens, no one would stand for Arpaio's heavy-handed tactics. The fact is, though, when 3 cops were killed in a two-week period, all by illegals, most of the sympathy for the illegals went right out the window. Add to that a rash of kidnappings by heavily armed Mexican nationals, and the people of Maricopa County said "enough is enough". Joe is the only one who seems to be willing to take on the problem, so he has the full support of most of the people of Maricopa county.

And guess what? The illegals are leaving the area in droves, and crime is dropping like a stone. The opinion of the average citizen living in Maricopa county is to tell the feds to go f*** themselves.
OK,that's within the law assuming his stops are real and not bs stops like my nephew does.

In north Georgia he is a cop and he told me he stops black males with out of state licenses and he doesn't have any more probable cause than putting those 2 pieces of data together,which IMO is illegal,wrong and not what America should be about.
Sheriff Joe has flipped the finger at the Feds yet again: Ariz. sheriff launches immigration sweep

Quote:"It doesn't bother me, because we are going to do the same thing," said Arpaio, whose deputies had arrested 16 people by Friday evening on unspecified charges. "I am the elected sheriff. I don't take orders from the federal government."
--

"He is doing this to thumb his nose at the Obama administration," said Lydia Guzman, president of the Hispanic civil rights group Somos America.

He definitely has the county polarized, that's for certain. S2

I like to see local officials tell off the tyrants. I wish Governor Schwarzzenwhatever had the nuts to tell Bush to keep his illegal paws off of California's legal pot sellers.

We need more of this,not less.
Agreed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Case Against Sheriff Joe John L 0 315 09-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Last Post: John L
  Wanted: Sheriff Joe ghoullio 14 1,446 08-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Last Post: WmLambert