Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compelling Military Argument to Leave Iraq ASAP
I know some officals could do a rebuttal to this,I'd like to read it. This guy's logic seems strong. Wonder if anyone left on the ground strongly disagrees? It's clear we aren't going to be there semi permanently:

HERE
I'm not going to register to read from that paper. Perhaps you can put it out here, on the forum.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
C'mon John, its the New York Times! And its free! At the least, don't you want a good barometer for what the basic liberal position is on each issue, so you can create counterarguments?
This guy ignores that one of the main reasons for the invasion was to create a military base in the center of the Mideast. That is one of the reasons why we are still there.
Anonymous24 Wrote:C'mon John, its the New York Times! And its free! At the least, don't you want a good barometer for what the basic liberal position is on each issue, so you can create counterarguments?

Nothing Liberal about them. They are supporters of the Fascist agenda.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
John,

It's an article from Col. Timothy Reese stating his view that we're staying for no good reason at this point due to a variety of factors.

The story is too long to cut and paste,here are 9 bullets he works off of making his case:

The general lack of progress in essential services and good governance is now so broad that it ought to be clear that we no longer are moving the Iraqis “forward.” Below is an outline of the information on which I base this assessment:

1. The ineffectiveness and corruption of GOI Ministries is the stuff of legend.

2. The anti-corruption drive is little more than a campaign tool for Maliki

3. The GOI is failing to take rational steps to improve its electrical infrastructure and to improve their oil exploration, production and exports.

4. There is no progress towards resolving the Kirkuk situation.

5. Sunni Reconciliation is at best at a standstill and probably going backwards.

6. Sons of Iraq (SOI) or Sahwa transition to ISF and GOI civil service is not happening, and SOI monthly paydays continue to fall further behind.

7. The Kurdish situation continues to fester.

8. Political violence and intimidation is rampant in the civilian community as well as military and legal institutions.

9. The Vice President received a rather cool reception this past weekend and was publicly told that the internal affairs of Iraq are none of the US’s business.

I would add to #6 what I read recently. The SOI are actually gangsters now that our oversight is falling way off. This comes from an intell agent we use(local Iraqi). Our role there no longer is meaningful to us or Iraq,it only can cause needless costs,injuries and death to our side. That's his view.
I favor pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan and South Korea and Germany and ad infinitum.
Political Pawns.
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government
Edward Abbey
[Image: eagle_1721.png]
I second that.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
How about the next time we beat the living tar out of some belligerent country, we claim the conquered land as our own to do with whatever we choose - the rest of the world be damned. Keep the land, keep any natural wealth like minerals or oil, and require the conquered peoples to follow whatever governmental system we choose to impose on them.

We've never done it before, so why not try something new, since everyone now complains of our past benevolence.
You always require the conquered peoples to follow whatever governmental system you choose to impose on them. This way you exploit their natural wealth like minerals or oil, without burdening yourself with responsibilities for the conquered people. No wonder everybody complains of your past and present malevolence.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Argument to stop the GWOT ASAP Palladin 27 5,366 03-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Gunnen4u
  More Murders in Obama's Chicago than Military Deaths in Iraq Canuknucklehead 5 2,251 10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Last Post: quadrat