Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Anti-Climate Alarmist Revolt is On!
Finally the Anti-Climate Alarmist community, within the science field, is turning into a 'full-swing' crusade. And it is about time. As the Late Winston Churchill once stated: "A lie can get half way around the world, before the truth can get it's pants on." Well, it looks as though the truth has gotten dressed, and is finally overhauling the lie.

Here is one major example of this. It is only a partial exerpt, and the rest may be read at the provided link.

Quote:Climate Revolt: World's Largest Science Group 'Startled' By Outpouring of Scientists Rejecting Man-Made Climate Fears! Clamor for Editor to Be Removed!
Scientists seek to remove climate fear promoting editor and 'trade him to New York Times or Washington Post'

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
By Marc Morano – Climate Depot

Climate Depot Exclusive

[Update July 31, 2009: Scientist Accuses American Chemical Society Editor of 'censoring of articles and letters' that reject man-made global warming claims! Many of the members have not only expressed their disgust, they are contemplating leaving the group' ]

An outpouring of skeptical scientists who are members of the American Chemical Society (ACS) are revolting against the group's editor-in-chief -- with some demanding he be removed -- after an editorial appeared claiming “the science of anthropogenic climate change is becoming increasingly well established.”

The editorial claimed the "consensus" view was growing "increasingly difficult to challenge, despite the efforts of diehard climate-change deniers.” The editor now admits he is "startled" by the negative reaction from the group's scientific members. The American Chemical Society bills itself as the "world's largest scientific society."

The June 22, 2009 editorial in Chemical and Engineering News by editor in chief Rudy Baum, is facing widespread blowback and condemnation from American Chemical Society member scientists. Baum concluded his editorial by stating that “deniers” are attempting to “derail meaningful efforts to respond to global climate change.”

Dozens of letters from ACS members were published on July 27, 2009 castigating Baum, with some scientists calling for his replacement as editor-in-chief.

The editorial was met with a swift, passionate and scientific rebuke from Baum's colleagues. Virtually all of the letters published on July 27 in castigated Baum's climate science views. Scientists rebuked Baum's use of the word “deniers” because of the terms “association with Holocaust deniers.” In addition, the scientists called Baum's editorial: “disgusting”; “a disgrace”; “filled with misinformation”; “unworthy of a scientific periodical” and “pap.”

One outraged ACS member wrote to Baum: "When all is said and done, and you and your kind are proven wrong (again), you will have moved on to be an unthinking urn for another rat pleading catastrophe. You will be removed. I promise."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have a Gneiss Day!
And then there is this.

Quote:Public opinion turning against global warming almost as quickly as science
July 29, 7:38 PM

Chapter 4 of my book, titled, "An Inconvenient Hoax," systematically exposes and confronts all the most current science fiction being shoved down our throats by the Luddite absolutists and pseudo-intellectual scam artists of the left. It is devastating.

Unsurprisingly, there is a flurry of new data pouring in even further confirming how utterly baseless this invented Green Scare really is, now even from Obama's own people. Much like the Swine Flu and about a gazillion other contrived alarmist fantasies from decades past (breast implants, Alar, the Millenium bug, DDT, etc.), public faith in the environmentalist religion is consequently fading, and fast. As Investor's Business Daily put it:

Quote:Nearly half (48%) believe the cause is naturally occurring planetary trends. Just a year ago, only 34% said warming was a natural phenomenon, while 47% said human activity was placing the planet at risk of disastrous climate change. That's a huge shift.

Interestingly, a growing number of Americans (58%) say we need to build more nuclear power plants, with 63% saying that finding additional sources of energy is more important than reducing the amount of energy Americans currently consume. They recognize that a growing economy requires more energy, not less, and that nukes are a pollution-free way of getting it.

Even countries utterly saturated with the left's absurd scare-mongering on this, like Australia, are producing loud voices of reason in an ocean of bogus, hysterical environmental propaganda.

As Andrew Bolt, of The Herald Sun put it (on 4/29/09):

Quote:Global warming alarmists must be feeling a chill as new facts overwhelm their fiction. It's snowing in April. Ice is spreading in Antarctica. The Great Barrier Reef is as healthy as ever. And that's just the news of the past week.

Bolt then issued a challenge...

Quote:Here's a test: Name just three clear signs the planet is warming...Just three. Chances are your "proofs" are in fact on my list of 10 Top Myths about global warming. And if your "proofs" indeed turn out to be false, don't get angry with me.

Just ask yourself: Why do you still believe that man is heating the planet to hell? What evidence do you have? So let's see if facts matter more to you than faith, and observations more than predictions.

The List...

Quote:MYTH 1: THE WORLD IS WARMING

Wrong. It is true the world did warm between 1975 and 1998, but even Professor David Karoly, one of our leading alarmists, admitted this week "temperatures have dropped...both in surface temperatures and in atmospheric temperatures measured from satellites." In fact, the fall in temperatures from just 2002 has already wiped out half the warming our planet experienced last century. (Check data from Britain's Hadley Centre, NASA's Aqua satellite and the US National Climatic Data Centre.)

Some experts, such as Karoly, claim this proves nothing and the world will soon start warming again. Others, such as Professor Ian Plimer of Adelaide University, point out that so many years of cooling already contradict the theory that man's rapidly increasing gases must drive up temperatures ever faster.

But that's all theory. The question I've asked is: What signs can you actually see of the man-made warming that the alarmists predicted?

MYTH 2: THE POLAR CAPS ARE MELTING

Wrong. The British Antarctic Survey, working with NASA, last week confirmed ice around Antarctica has grown 100,000 sq km each decade for the past 30 years. Long-term monitoring by the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reports the same: southern hemisphere ice has been expanding for decades.

As for the Arctic, wrong again. The Arctic ice cap shrank badly two summers ago after years of steady decline, but has since largely recovered. Satellite data from NASA's Marshall Space Flight Centre this week shows the Arctic hasn't had this much April ice for at least seven years.

Norway's Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Centre says the ice is now within the standard deviation range for 1979 to 2007.

MYTH 3: [AUSTRALIA HAS] NEVER HAD SUCH A BAD DROUGHT

Wrong. A study released this month by the University of NSW Climate Change Research Centre confirms not only that we've had worse droughts, but this Big Dry is not caused by "global warming," whether man-made or not.

As the university's press release says: "The causes of southeastern Australia's longest, most severe and damaging droughts have been discovered, with the surprise finding that they originate far away in the Indian Ocean...A team of Australian scientists has detailed for the first time how a phenomenon known as the Indian Ocean Dipole (a variable and irregular cycle of warming and cooling of ocean water), dictates whether moisture-bearing winds are carried across the southern half of Australia."

MYTH 4: [AUSTRALIA'S] CITIES HAVE NEVER BEEN HOTTER

Wrong. The alleged "record" temperature Melbourne set in January (46.4 degrees) was in fact topped by the 47.2 degrees the city recorded in 1851. (See the Argus newspaper of February 8, 1851.)

And here's another curious thing: Despite all this warming we're alleged to have caused, Victoria's highest temperature on record remains the 50.7 degrees that hit Mildura 103 years ago. South Australia's hottest day is still the 50.7 degrees Oodnadatta suffered 37 years ago. NSW's high is still the 50 degrees recorded 70 years ago. What's more, not one of the world's seven continents has set a record high temperature since 1974. Europe's high remains the 50 degrees measured in Spain 128 years ago, before the invention of the first true car.

MYTH 5: THE SEAS ARE GETTING HOTTER

Wrong. If anything, the seas are getting colder. For five years, a network of 3175 automated bathythermographs has been deployed in the oceans by the Argo program, a collaboration between 50 agencies from 26 countries. Warming believer Josh Willis, of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, reluctantly concluded: "There has been a very slight cooling..."

MYTH 6: THE SEAS ARE RISING

Wrong. For almost three years, the seas have stopped rising, according to the Jason-1 satellite mission monitored by the University of Colorado. That said, the seas have risen steadily and slowly for the past 10,000 years through natural warming, and will almost certainly resume soon. But there is little sign of any accelerated rises, even off Tuvalu or the Maldives, islands often said to be most threatened with drowning.

Professor Nils-Axel Moerner, one of the world's most famous experts on sea levels, has studied the Maldives in particular and concluded there has been no net rise there for 1250 years. Venice is still above water.

MYTH 7: [HURRICANES] ARE GETTING WORSE

Wrong. Ryan Maue of Florida State University recently measured the frequency, intensity and duration of all hurricanes and cyclones to compile an Accumulated Cyclone Energy Index. His findings? The energy index is at its lowest level for more than 30 years.

The World Meteorological Organization, in its latest statement on [hurricanes], said it was impossible to say if they were affected by man's gases: "Though there is evidence both for and against the existence of a detectable anthropogenic signal in the tropical cyclone climate record to date, no firm conclusion can be made on this point."

MYTH 8: THE GREAT BARRIER REEF IS DYING

Wrong. Yes, in 1999, Professor Ove Hoegh-Gulberg, our leading reef alarmist and administrator of more than $30 million in warming grants, did claim the reef was threatened by warming, and much had turned white. But he then had to admit it had made a "surprising" recovery.

Yes, in 2006 he again warned high temperatures meant "between 30 and 40% of coral on Queensland's Great Barrier Reef could die within a month." But he later admitted this bleaching had "minimal impact".

Yes, in 2007 he again warned that temperature changes of the kind caused by global warming were bleaching the reef. But this month fellow Queensland University researchers admitted in a study that reef coral had once more made a "spectacular recovery," with "abundant corals re-established in a single year." The reef is blooming.

MYTH 9: OUR SNOW SEASONS ARE SHORTER

Wrong. Poor snow falls in 2003 set off a rash of headlines predicting warming doom. The CSIRO typically fed the hysteria by claiming global warming would strip resorts of up to a quarter of their snow by 2018. Yet the past two years have been bumper seasons for Victoria's snow resorts, and this year could be just as good, with snow already falling in NSW and Victoria this past week.

MYTH 10: TSUNAMIS AND OTHER DISASTERS ARE GETTING WORSE

Are you insane? Tsunamis are in fact caused by earthquakes. Yet there [were the alarmists] last week, claiming that Asia was a "region, thanks to climate change, that has far more cyclones, tsunamis, droughts." Wrong, wrong and wrong...

Bolt wasn't finished...

Quote:[Every] disaster is now blamed on man-made warming the way they once were on Satan. See for yourself on http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm the full list, including kidney stones, volcanic eruptions, lousy wine, insomnia, bad tempers, Vampire moths and bubonic plagues. Nothing is too far-fetched to be seized upon by carpetbaggers and wild preachers as signs of a warming we can't actually see.

Not for nothing are polar bears--the perfect symbol of this faith, bears said to be threatened by warming, when their numbers have in fact increased. Bottom line: fewer people now die from extreme weather events, whether cyclones, floods or blinding heatwaves.

Read that in a study by Indur Goklany, who represented the US at the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: "There is no signal in the mortality data to indicate increases in the overall frequencies or severities of extreme weather events, despite large increases in the population at risk."

So stop this crazy panic.

First step: check again your list of the signs you thought you saw of global warming. How many are true? What do you think, and why do you think it? Yes, the world may resume warming in one year or 100. But it hasn't been warming as the alarmists said it must if man were to blame, and certainly not as the media breathlessly keeps claiming.

Best we all just settle down, then, and wait for the proof -- the real proof. After all, panicking over invisible things is so undignified, don't you think?

[size=13The evidence is overwhelming. Astrologers are more scientific than liberals. This anti-science crusade is about nothing more than Democrat power and control, as with everything the left does.[/size]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have a Gneiss Day!
Sure there are good news in this front,but how can we reach the policy makers,who seems unaware of the information you are posting?

I will post a partial quote from an e-mail,I got from a scientist in europe:

Quote:What has been the use of the Oregon petition, of the Bali manifest of the Manhattan manifest? What will be the impact of the open letter of Wyndham to the RS, of the German group EIKE with its open letter to Merkel? What has been the impact of ISPM and NIPCC?. They all just do not seem to work because the messages do not really reach the policymakers, because they are still daily overwhelmed by the alarmist message, reproduced all the time by their civil servants.

Can you see why we still have a lot of work to do to make the breakthrough?

By the way John when are you ever going to update the forum?,it is one of the oldest phpBB 2 version left still running on the internet.Your weak security level,will catch up with you someday.
Two things:

First, the truth always gets out of the gate last, but eventually catches up.

Second, I have planned on upgrading. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it safely. Also, I don't like the new setup with the latest version. I am an administrator on another forum, which uses it, and I don't like it as well as the old one.
Have a Gneiss Day!
John L Wrote:Two things:

First, the truth always gets out of the gate last, but eventually catches up.

Second, I have planned on upgrading. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it safely. Also, I don't like the new setup with the latest version. I am an administrator on another forum, which uses it, and I don't like it as well as the old one.

Then convert to another forum software.I agree about the latest phpBB 3 since I do not like it either,but I think your current version is a dinosaur asking for trouble.

If you are interested,PM me I will show you where to go to do it.

I prefer SMF,but you can chose other software that fits your preference.
Quote:First, the truth always gets out of the gate last, but eventually catches up.

The problem is that will it come out in time?
Finally the real scientists beginning to push back.

I agree that the politicians will be the last to come along.
With the current healthcare debate it is often citizens who are more informed on the contents of the bills than the politicians. Maybe the same will happen with AGW.
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
Armadillo Wrote:Finally the real scientists beginning to push back.

I agree that the politicians will be the last to come along.
With the current healthcare debate it is often citizens who are more informed on the contents of the bills than the politicians. Maybe the same will happen with AGW.

Actually the "real" scientists have been pushing back for a while now.Recall the Oregon Petition 12 years ago?

The problem is that lying,misleading scum that MSM is the problem.They barely cover anything the Skeptics say.

The breakthrough has to come in the political arena since that is the place where the elected officials do the damage.If only far more registered voters tell their stupid Representative's to back off on the green agenda,then we finally have a chance.
My guess is that this will occur in the Aussie Parliament.
Have a Gneiss Day!
sunsettommy Wrote:Recall the Oregon Petition 12 years ago?
No, I dont, and neither do most people.
The real scientists (skeptics) have been too quiet, while the scientific-pagan-Earth-worshipers have the publics ear.
Dont count on politicians pushing back. They dont want to alienate any voter, and they know the media will paint them as pro-dirty-air.

Real scientists need to educate people. Joanne Nova and the ACS revolt are a good start.
I say "start" because other attempts have not borne fruit outside of science.
When citizens begin challenging politicians on AGW as they are now with healthcare, maybe the politicans will change.
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
Quote:No, I dont, and neither do most people.

Can you figure out why that is?

Quote:The real scientists (skeptics) have been too quiet, while the scientific-pagan-Earth-worshipers have the publics ear.

That is not true,the problem is that the MSM DELIBERATELY push them away,or ignore them.

Skeptics are actually quite active on the internet.You have not been around them that much.

Quote:Dont count on politicians pushing back. They dont want to alienate any voter, and they know the media will paint them as pro-dirty-air.

Many of the elected officials do not give a dam,they are in it for the money and power.That is why most of them do not research anything.

The voters are actually catching on fine these days,but they have to decide to pressure those jackasses in office to get them to stop the insane drive to push obviously out of data Green laws.

Quote:Real scientists need to educate people. Joanne Nova and the ACS revolt are a good start.
I say "start" because other attempts have not borne fruit outside of science.

:lol:

You are so far off the mark,because scientists have been doing that from the early 1990's.They are doing splendidly too these days with several websites you have never visited,they do nothing more than educate people.In my forum,I have a locked thread designed to teach people,through many worthy articles to read and also another thread just for forecasting tools links.

Quote:When citizens begin challenging politicians on AGW as they are now with healthcare, maybe the politicans will change.

They have been doing that already and still they are getting the bullshit.The only cure is to vote them out and replace them with decent people who care more about our lives,than to be another soul less jerk,pandering after money and power.
sunsettommy Wrote:Can you figure out why that is?That is not true,the problem is that the MSM DELIBERATELY push them away,or ignore them.
That is why the scientific-pagan-Earth-worshipers have the publics ear, and until recently the skeptics have mostly failed in public.
Quote:Skeptics are actually quite active on the internet.You have not been around them that much.
There is more than the internet.
Most people dont spend time delving into these matters, they are busy with life.
Quote:You are so far off the mark,because scientists have been doing that from the early 1990's.They are doing splendidly too these days with several websites you have never visited,they do nothing more than educate people.
Yes, I've never visited them, and neither have most other people. See above. The fact that the USA is close to cap-and-trade and a good percentage of the population want it (or dont care), shows how ineffective the skeptics have been at education. Talk radio has probably educated more.
The skeptics may rule the internet and making strides in academia, but the hoaxers still have real-life and politics.

What the skeptics need is someone to popularize the real science in the real world. I am aware that some has been done, but not enough.
Like it or not Al Gores movie was successful, and the skeptics have yet to effectively counter.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
Quote:That is why the scientific-pagan-Earth-worshipers have the publics ear, and until recently the skeptics have mostly failed in public.

The reason is because MSM is right there helping them.They do it because they are scum.The idea of giving space for competing voices is a foreign concept to many,who controls the media.Thus we get the steady diet of absurd apocalyptic bile being spewed out all over the media.

The Skeptics have been trying but they are nearly CENSORED out of existence by most areas of the media,the internet is the exception with a few radio shows.Why do you think they are trying to re impose the "fairness doctrine" these days? Really an attempt to gag skeptics is all it is.

Quote:There is more than the internet.
Most people dont spend time delving into these matters, they are busy with life.

Yes and they are beginning lose their way of life,because they are STUPID! Because of too many lazy idiots,not bothering to read up on the issues,they are losing control of the national government,that is more and more isolated from the people.To a point where real fascism can be real and then what are the moron voters going have left to live on?

Quote:Yes, I've never visited them, and neither have most other people. See above. The fact that the USA is close to cap-and-trade and a good percentage of the population want it (or dont care), shows how ineffective the skeptics have been at education.

No it is because of people like YOU who do not bother visit the places that have the information.Too lazy to do a search on the net and too stupid to notice that they are nearly at the point of losing a lot of their economic prosperity.

The Cap and Trade is possible only because too many stupid voters do not do their homework,of their candidates who run for political office.Thus the dregs of society are now getting voted into office these days.They never would have even been nominated 50 years ago.

That is why the few greens are getting what they want,because of the indifferent American who are too busy sitting on their asses watching TV and such.

Google,Yahoo!,Jeeves and more are easy to use.What is your excuse for not using them?

Quote:Talk radio has probably educated more.

I doubt it.

Quote:The skeptics may rule the internet and making strides in academia, but the hoaxers still have real-life and politics.

LOL,

You seem to be saying that Skeptics do not have a "real-life",what ever that mean.Actually they are busy trying to save your asses,from those Politicians and Greens,who are hell bent at controlling the way you live.

The people are the ones who are failing America.They are too busy at being intellectually lazy. Wink1

Quote:What the skeptics need is someone to popularize the real science in the real world. I am aware that some has been done, but not enough.

They already have that person,but since the media,politicians and Greenie's have worked hard to keep him down.Some of their actions in controlling him have become so blatant that they are doing it out in the open,under your closed eyes.I bet you have no idea who the person is either.Actually there are TWO people,but.......

Quote:Like it or not Al Gores movie was successful, and the skeptics have yet to effectively counter.

Gawad,

you are so clueless.The skeptics have destroyed the movie so well,that most AGW believers hardly bring it up any more.How could you miss it?

Al Gore is the most successfully debunked alarmist on the planet. :lol:
sunsettommy Wrote:No it is because of people like YOU who do not bother visit the places that have the information.Too lazy to do a search on the net and too stupid to notice that they are nearly at the point of losing a lot of their economic prosperity.
Dude, I'm a skeptic, and I agree with most of your science about the AGW hoax. But I guess I'm stupid and lazy....
Quote:That is why the few greens are getting what they want,because of the indifferent American who are too busy sitting on their asses watching TV and such.
The American public are busy with life. Not everyone has the same passion for your hobby.
The hoaxers can educate them or the skeptics can. So far the hoaxers have done it better.
Quote:Google,Yahoo!,Jeeves and more are easy to use.What is your excuse for not using them?
Please quote where I said I didnt.
Quote:
Quote:Talk radio has probably educated more.

I doubt it.
Rush, Hannity, and others have a huge audience. Many of them are not into the GW debate, but they get educated about it or at least get the other side and form their own opinion.
Quote:You seem to be saying that Skeptics do not have a "real-life",what ever that mean.
No they have other priorities. Not everyone is into the GW debate, or science, or politics. Not everyone is a GW "fanboy".
Quote:Actually they are busy trying to save your asses,from those Politicians and Greens,who are hell bent at controlling the way you live.
Yes, and I thank them.
Quote:
Quote:Like it or not Al Gores movie was successful, and the skeptics have yet to effectively counter.
you are so clueless.The skeptics have destroyed the movie so well,that most AGW believers hardly bring it up any more.How could you miss it?
The average person, who does not follow the debate, does not know that. The movie was successful and it popularized AGW.
Still waiting for the skeptics to effectively counter it for the masses.
(Yes I am aware of some movies attempting to do that.)
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
And here is even more opposition.

'Consensus' Takes Another Hit! More than 60 German Scientists Dissent Over Global Warming Claims! Call Climate Fears 'Pseudo 'Religion'; Urge Chancellor to 'reconsider' views
Have a Gneiss Day!
Come on JohnL!

There are only 40,000 + scientists who does NOT accept the AGW hypothesis.It is obvious they are cranks and frauds.All that "oil" money tainted them,to the point of being gibberish in opposing intelligent scaremongering pogroms.

When are you ever going to accept the consensus?

Wink1
Well, is there any doublt

that it is a "con" census?

S2
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
We need to get up a petition to the Nobel Prize Committee to take back Al Gore's undeserved Nobel Prize. Have the reward for that year re-rewarded to someone deserving.
Ron Lambert Wrote:We need to get up a petition to the Nobel Prize Committee to take back Al Gore's undeserved Nobel Prize. Have the reward for that year re-rewarded to someone deserving.

I think it is a waste of time,because this a totally screwed up organization.

The same bunch who gave prizes to undeserving creeps such as Jimmy Carter,Mikhail Gorbachev and the child rapist former leader of the PLO Ya sir Arafat,will not change their minds about another lefist creep in Al Gore.

They violate their prize standards on a regular basis,due to their being egg sucking dog eared leftists.
sunsettommy Wrote:
Ron Lambert Wrote:We need to get up a petition to the Nobel Prize Committee to take back Al Gore's undeserved Nobel Prize. Have the reward for that year re-rewarded to someone deserving.

I think it is a waste of time,because this a totally screwed up organization.

The same bunch who gave prizes to undeserving creeps such as Jimmy Carter,Mikhail Gorbachev and the child rapist former leader of the PLO Ya sir Arafat,will not change their minds about another lefist creep in Al Gore.

They violate their prize standards on a regular basis,due to their being egg sucking dog eared leftists.

I wonder what M. Nobel would think of his award, were he to return?
Have a Gneiss Day!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The mind of the alarmist sunsettommy 6 1,763 10-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Last Post: jt