Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town Halls Meetings Gone Wild!
Looks like House Jackasses are in for a rough time, come the recess. And here is where the rubber is meeting the road. It's also a perfect Trailor of what to expect for the 2010 mid-term election.

Will the S&Gs be able to capitalize on it, AND learn from their mistakes? Please don't hold your breat. All the S&Gs would need to do would be to practice Reaganism, all over again. It's the perfect recipe to success, in both getting elected AND in following through.

This is an interesting read.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
I lament this phenomenon myself. It used to be only the hard left that acted like childish,spoiled brats. Now,it's libertarians and conservatives starting this nonsense.

Expressing opinions,good,shouting down opponents,bad.
Palladin Wrote:I lament this phenomenon myself. It used to be only the hard left that acted like childish,spoiled brats. Now,it's libertarians and conservatives starting this nonsense.

The reason for their anger is a little bit different from the former's 'nonsense'. And believe me, those 'libertarians and conservatives' are hopping mad as a result.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
John,

Don't matter,we cannot prosper as a nation when the losing side always acts like a spoiled jackass of a kid.

I oppose every measure Obama has advocated domestically,that doesn't give me the right to shout down he or his supporters that were elected by the people anymore than they have the right to have screamed down Bush or Reagan. It's mob mentality.

The lefties that tried to literally blockade war supplies in 2003 at the docks in Oakland also were mad. So what? They should have been shot in the forehead as traitors during wartime.
Palladin Wrote:John,

Don't matter,we cannot prosper as a nation when the losing side always acts like a spoiled jackass of a kid.

I oppose every measure Obama has advocated domestically,that doesn't give me the right to shout down he or his supporters that were elected by the people anymore than they have the right to have screamed down Bush or Reagan. It's mob mentality.

The lefties that tried to literally blockade war supplies in 2003 at the docks in Oakland also were mad. So what? They should have been shot in the forehead as traitors during wartime.
OK Palladin, what do you suggest, armed rebellion as a valid means of protest? Or just sit back, say "we lost, have it your way" and be docile?

Or are you suggesting that the protesters at these meeting be shot?

I agree that at some point "shouting down" is inappropriate and incivil, but NOT at this point regarding the national debt, stimulus, cap and trade and health care restructuring.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
JT,

No,under no conditions would I advocate or join an armed rebellion against my own government. No matter how bad. If Adolf Hitler were our POTUS,I would under no conditions join in violence against even him.

I simply said it is not appropriate to shout down people who disagree with you is all. Protest,vote,educate,contact government agents,yes,scream down those who oppose you? How ridiculous is that? That isn't going to help anyone and you know you weren't taught that conduct by your own parents.

I'm surprised anyone here advocates such childish conduct. I whipped my kids when they acted this way at 2 years old.

You think you're going to change the course of US history by screaming at the other side? You're not going to.

If we're in the majority,things will work out,if not,we're going to have government in every aspect of life .
Palladin Wrote:JT,

No,under no conditions would I advocate or join an armed rebellion against my own government. No matter how bad. If Adolf Hitler were our POTUS,I would under no conditions join in violence against even him.

Then that is the main difference between one E Tennessean and another. I would not hesitate to take up arms in defense of Liberty.

As Thomas Jefferson stated here upon two different occassions,

Quote:"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Patrick Wrote:I simply said it is not appropriate to shout down people who disagree with you is all. Protest,vote,educate,contact government agents,yes,scream down those who oppose you? How ridiculous is that? That isn't going to help anyone and you know you weren't taught that conduct by your own parents.

I'm surprised anyone here advocates such childish conduct. I whipped my kids when they acted this way at 2 years old.

You think you're going to change the course of US history by screaming at the other side? You're not going to.

If we're in the majority,things will work out,if not,we're going to have government in every aspect of life .

I somewhat agree with you on this. It is indeed an indication that the opposition has lost control of things. That is what the Second Amendment is for. If they won't listen, then get rid of them, via the balot box, or through force, if necessary.
H. L. Mencken
John,

I wouldn't have stated that probably 3 years back. I love liberty as much as you and most appreciate those who have provided it for me.

I just can't be involved in revolution is all. Not even against bad leadership. That's God's job,to change the governments and hearts of leaders as I understand it. If I find otherwise in Scripture,I'll be back to where I was 3 years back on issues like this.

I could support seperation,but,not revolution. I see them as seperate issues.
John L Wrote:
Palladin Wrote:I lament this phenomenon myself. It used to be only the hard left that acted like childish,spoiled brats. Now,it's libertarians and conservatives starting this nonsense.

The reason for their anger is a little bit different from the former's 'nonsense'. And believe me, those 'libertarians and conservatives' are hopping mad as a result.
I'm glad to see the gloves come off. I do not think it is bad. I think it is good.
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government
Edward Abbey
[Image: eagle_1721.png]