Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big O's Team Not Doing Too Well
Claire McCaskill's Office Holds Town Hall-- Tea Party Breaks Out

St. Louis Tea Party Protester Fires Up the Crowd at McCaskill Town Hall

US Soldier Demands Apology From Senator Claire McCaskill at Town Hall

I don't think she anticipated the backlash.
That young soldier will walk into any elective office he wishes to run for. He'd have my vote.
These Jackasses don't give a Damn what the citizenry want, or what the Constitution really means. All they care about is what gives them power, and how much they can control the country. And all in the name of helping people. What a Crock!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Hope your thoughts are on target,WB. Personally, I scared beyond shytless of what is going on.

SEIU, ACORN, and the White House
Quote:Here is an interesting summary of some ACORN/SEIU/White House connections from Todd Glick’s FaceBook page.

SEIU, ACORN, and the White House

Glenn Beck has really gotten his teeth into the corruption at ACORN and its connection to SEIU. He admits that he believes the connection is very complicated and designed to be so. He is correct. ACORN has 330 tentacles with two of them reaching in to Andy Stern’s SEIU. Why? Because SEIU locals 100 and 880 are run out of the same address on 1024 Elysian Fields Avenue in New Orleans.

It is important to understand how the money flows from SEIU Locals 100 and 880 to ACORN. Employment Policies Institute has highlighted the money flow in its piece, Rotten Acorn. I am going to let the EPI discuss it in their own words.

SEIU Member Money Feeding ACORN Coffers

As with most ventures ACORN is involved in, it would take a forensic accounting expert to track all of the money flowing from one ACORN group to another. But the financial disclosure forms from ACORN’s unions shed some light on their cash flow....Here is more information on the partnership between ACORN and SEIU....

Hiring ACORN to attack Wal-Mart isn’t cheap. Financial disclosures show that the SEIU headquarters paid $500,000 in two installments to the “Wal- Mart Organizing Project.” The checks were sent to ACORN’s headquarters in Louisiana.

As part of a labor disagreement in Illinois, ACORN and SEIU have launched a campaign to attack the reputations and apply logistical pressure to Advocate and Resurrection hospital chains. They’ve gone beyond what affected doctors consider responsible, and have brought people “by the vanload” to the hospitals’ emergency rooms in a bid to harass the healthcare providers.

And The Other McCain has this from Kevin Mooney at The Washington Examiner:

While the organization’s complicated structure makes is difficult to determine how many affiliates and subsidiaries are tied in with ACORN’s vast apparatus, its connection with organized labor, especially the Service Employees International Union, is well-established, Vadum observed. SEIU Locals 100 and 880 are identified as allied organizations on ACORN’s web site. U.S. Department of Labor LM-2’s (financial disclosure forms) point to over $600,000 in transactions between these same SEIU locals and other ACORN operations. A 2007 LM-2 form shows SEIU Local 880, which is active in Illinois and Minnesota, donated $60,118 to ACORN for “membership services.” Organized labor has kicked it back in the form of gifts and grants to ACORN totaling $2.4 million, the LM-2’s reveal.

It gets worse. California is on the brink of bankruptcy requiring them to cut prevailing wages. What is SEIU doing to California? They are attempting to block stimulus money for California by exerting pressure on the Obama administration.

ABC News Follows Up On SEIU Role In CA And Obama Admininistration

We’ve been covering the SEIU’s troubling role in lobbying Obama administration to withhold $6.8 billion in stimulus funding to California. As part of the state’s budget deal, Governor Schwarzenegger and the legislature agreed to cut pay for home health workers (who are SEIU members) by two dollars an hour, totaling $74 million.

The SEIU, enraged by this move, protested to the Obama administration. Much to the concern of California officials, the Obama administration officials actually invited the SEIU to participate in a conference call between federal and state government officials.

ABC News followed up on this incident with their own report, which featured a noteworthy observation by a spokeswoman for the California Department of Health and Human Services: “This is an unusual situation. It is incredibly unusual in our experience to have stakeholders on a call like this.”

A SEIU spokeswoman offers an audacious defense of the call, claiming that “when it came time for a call, all the parties involved were included. This is an example of transparency.” It’s doubtful that the SEIU would say the same thing if a corporation with their contract at stake was invited to participate on a conference call with government officials.

This episode makes clear that the SEIU - and labor in general - can and will exert influence with the Obama administration.....

And, what does the founder of ACORN, Richard Cloward, have to say about "overwhelming(errrr...overthrowing) the system"...
Quote:In fact Beck is correct. He describes both the tactics of the leftist Machiavelli Saul Alinsky and the Cloward-Piven Strategy of orchestrated crisis that was long ago embraced by ACORN. ACORN founder Wade Rathke acknowledges at page 122 of his new book, Citizen Wealth, the debt that the so-called welfare rights movement owes to Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven for devising the “overwhelm the system” strategy for radical political change. Rathke calls the strategy “an exciting call to arms.”
More here.

Would appreciate the thoughts of those that are knowledgeable on these issues. Are we so "overwhelmed" that we are doing nothing about any of this? Or, am I just being overly despondent about the whole thing?
Solo~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SoloNav Wrote:Are we so "overwhelmed" that we are doing nothing about any of this? Or, am I just being overly despondent about the whole thing?

I think this is a tough nut to crack. First, much of the activity of ACORN has only come to light recently, and I think most of the population is does not know about it. Second, I can't think of much I can do about it personally, except urge law enforcement to go after the violations ACORN commits. This is hardly likely to happen with the current administration, which is actually passing "stimulus" money to ACORN and with the current attorney general.

The good news is that ACORN seems to have lost some of its cover. The bad news is that they are being temporarily subsidized. I wonder if the Republicans would have the courage to go after ACORN the next time they wield power. Maybe some red states will try to do something. So, you are right to be worried for now.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
You guys are out of touch! ACORN is sooooo last month!! The new handle is COI.

"A turd by any other name .... " Wink1
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
Why international, do they plan on committing voter fraud abroad?
WarBicycle Wrote:Why international, do they plan on committing voter fraud abroad?
Yepppp already began
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government
Edward Abbey
[Image: eagle_1721.png]