Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Motivational Speaker
Lazy Iraqi Police get motivational speech

It appears that the translator is wearing a balaclava, I guess he doesn't trust the Iraqi police.
And I told you so about these guys......
They are Arabs. What do you expect?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
John L Wrote:They are Arabs. What do you expect?

To do all the work once Iraqis come through to the gate. Just because they made it past an IA/IP checkpoint doesn't count for shit, I found all sorts of no-no's and what-not. I got to be the repo man for awhile.

They are worthless piles, I am serious. The only good I seen an IP do is stop traffic for us while we hooked up to a truck that broke down so we could tow it, and he had to threaten people with his AK.
Actually, the fellow doing all the swearing must have been an NCO, and one with a limited vocabulary at that. I have seen more than my share of them when I was 'active'. But one thing I DID notice. He did not use that NCO loving word "orientated". I wonder why they can't just pronounce it correctly, and just say "oriented" instead? That is one word that has always flumuxed me, since the 1960s.

Orientated my Arse!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
It has nothing to do with them being Arabs. I know some Arabs personally who aren't lackadaisical in what they do. They're hard working people.

In fact,go to any hospital right now and 1/3 of the doctors you will rely on are ethnic Arabs,good doctors.

Go to Dubai, Arabs there and it's the most modern city on earth,bar none. Nothing but Arabs.

Iraq has a specific cultural tone. I think our soldiers(Gunnen isn't the only one I've spoke with that shares his view) interface almost primarily with Shia Iraqis. They have never held leadership roles in their society which they are holding now,they have this fatalistic view of life that exempts human will/desire from the equation(that's what inshallah means). So,it ain't so important to them to try hard.

The shia in Lebanon overcame this blase attitude with fanatical religious indoctrination. Not a good solution.

Guarantee the Sunnis and Christian Arabs are more determined to make a personal difference,but,they aren't a major part of anything except in Anbar and they've taken ownership there and kicked some terror can,too.

I have a co-worker who was in the service in the early 1970s and he was telling me about some Iranian soldiers training on his base,he said much the exact same thing Gunnen does about these Iraqis. Those are Persians,same Shiite Islam though. Inshallah baby.
Perhaps all these lackadaisical attitudes do result from short term cultural brainwashing. I've read that similar lack of personal initiative exists in the Russian provinces. The blame was put on the communist rule, where all individual incentives (below the nomenklatura level) were scrubbed out. On the other had, Russia had serfs until 1905, so the cultural training may go very far back in Russia.

On the other hand, the Chinese seem to have no shortage of entrepreneurs after Mao's long rule. However, with their vast population, it could be that there is a tiny percent of entrepreneurs who fill the gap.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.