Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Europe's new 'strict' policy on terrorists: Just let 'em go
Sorry but this begs the question ... do these guys have their heads up their a** or what?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4692375.stm
mr_yak Wrote:Sorry but this begs the question ... do these guys have their heads up their a** or what?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4692375.stm

I saw that earlier today, and a red curtain of blood ran over my eyes.

Thank you Germany! What is with these Hun bastards?
Quote:The case was a test of the new warrant introduced last year to speed up the handover of terror suspects.

guess the test isn't working...

aren't there any left over Waffen SS who can handle this guy?
[Image: 760.png]
Some dozens of terror suspects have been acquitted, lack of evidence, here in the Netherlands. On many occasions the police found things like blueprints -- from the Parliamentary building, Schiphol and one of our Nuclear plants -- and the suspects were networking a bit. It was IMO quite clear that in many cases these suspects had bad intentions.

Germany also doesn't seem to take this threat serious yet. It is difficult though, because we are at war with some of our own: governmental powers can easily be exceeded then.
the article also said that m,any AQ suspects will be out on Bail.

this is just getting creepy!

they're killing us with our own system!
What you have here is the potential for a bunch of tyrants moving in on some of the European countries with the guise of national security. When, and I am not using 'if', a series of horrible terrorists events occur in Europe, they will either get with the program or some One will do it for them.

Those Europeans, sorry Stephen, are simply living in a fairey tale world there. All it will take is a coupel of Real events, not like the ones in London. Then let us see what their vaunted laws have to give to them for security.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
True, that's also why I posted that governmental powers can easily be (or was it get?) exceeded in these situations. Terrorism creates a great playing field for populists. The death toll is relative low, 'only' 56 in London for example, but the impact on the public is enormous. The enemy is almost invisible and that's frightening.
they're not invisible.

they shout form the rafters "Death to the West" about 5 times a day...

they are photographed with hijackers, terrorists.

no, "they" are not invisible, they are very much above the radar, and they know the people who should stop them are powerless to do so.

that's the REALLY frightening part.
John L Wrote:All it will take is a couple of Real events, not like the ones in London. Then let us see what their vaunted laws have to give to them for security.

The problem here is that there seems to be a vast majority that will simply blame the U.S.. I just had this topic thrown back in my face by the blame America crew on another forum by Europeans with my own countrymen/women shrieking in remarkable unison. As if a goofy German law was in fact part of the same Washington based conspiracy that appears to have brought all the evil into the world. Blah Blah Blah ... all the terrorism is justified because of the 150,000 that the U.S. has slaughtered in Iraq and Afghanistan ... did I say 150,000 ... maybe it was 150 million ... decimal points don't seem to mean much to these folks. You can't expect another tragedy to change their minds ... not when they are so steadfast in the belief that all bad things in the world come from the U.S and it's allies. Trying to imply anything else simply earns you the the label of apologist ... or worse.
mr_yak Wrote:
John L Wrote:All it will take is a couple of Real events, not like the ones in London. Then let us see what their vaunted laws have to give to them for security.

The problem here is that there seems to be a vast majority that will simply blame the U.S.. I just had this topic thrown back in my face by the blame America crew on another forum by Europeans with my own countrymen/women shrieking in remarkable unison. As if a goofy German law was in fact part of the same Washington based conspiracy that appears to have brought all the evil into the world. Blah Blah Blah ... all the terrorism is justified because of the 150,000 that the U.S. has slaughtered in Iraq and Afghanistan ... did I say 150,000 ... maybe it was 150 million ... decimal points don't seem to mean much to these folks. You can't expect another tragedy to change their minds ... not when they are so steadfast in the belief that all bad things in the world come from the U.S and it's allies. Trying to imply anything else simply earns you the the label of apologist ... or worse.

Which forum? Surely not OA?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
if we are winning, why does it feel like we are losing?
My, I am beginning to really loathe Europe (Sorry SNK, etc). Thats it, they are not getting any of my tourist dollars.

I run into the same people in other forums (Pro-American.com, etc). No matter how many tims your fingers go numb wearing them down with info, and debate, they roll out the same argument over and over again.

I recall seeing a poll in Germany where plenty thought that 9/11 was some sort of ordeal to give Bush the power to wage war. I will have to dig that up soon.

At any rate, I guess Europe is too far gone, the main goal should be trying not to let them drag us down with them.
ghoullio Wrote:if we are winning, why does it feel like we are losing?

Because we are losing a propaganda war. It's much simpler and easier to simply blame the U.S. and it's allies. If 'we' are at fault, then perhaps 'we' can do something about it and make it go away. Much more comforting than the notion of Islamic murder mules who would gladly sacrifice their lives to kill a few westerners. ... and that simply won't do. Compromise ... that's the ticket! Certainly these people can be reasoned with! And if the U.S. leadership refuses to compromise then it's really their fault ... they are the real cause of all bad things big and small. Woe is U.S.. And while we are busy blaming ourselves and being blamed by the Europeans who have wisely stayed out of the fray and continue to do "friendly things" like turning loose terrorist financiers, is it much wonder that Islamic world loathes us all the more? Self-loathing is contagious .. and self-defeating.
Gunnen4u Wrote:My, I am beginning to really loathe Europe

At the moment, the only politician in Europe with common sense is ... French.

Sarkozy gave a speech today about kicking out radical imams from France (freedom of speech nonwithstanding).

Of course, don't forget that Sarkozy is a French only on paper....

----------

Now, back to the subj:

Remember that Egyptian biochemist possibly linked to the London bombers?

Well, Brits asked the Egyptian for his ass, and the Egyptian asked for twenty other islamic radicals (indicted in Egypt, hiding in the UK) in exchange.... and Blair turned down this godsend of a bargain.... I guess, before long, Britain will be full of dead humanists....or humanoids...

Sorry, no links on hand, but you can find these stories w/o too much trouble.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

Do not worry, I am willing to take your word for it.

Now, would we have turned down such a deal? I doubt it, though we did turn down OBL once...
Found one of them.

French minister vows to expel radical muslim leaders .

If the French replace Chiraq with Sarkozy and we replace Bush with Tancredo, the world still has a hope...

mv Wrote:Found one of them.

French minister vows to expel radical muslim leaders .

If the French replace Chiraq with Sarkozy and we replace Bush with Tancredo, the world still has a hope...

Michael, we are not going to replace Bush with Tancredo. Is this the same Michael I have known for a while? You don't sound like it. Have you had a "special" shock to the system and you are now a Bush hater? What does it for you? His Russian position, his illegal immigration issue, or something else?

I'm really curious here.
H. L. Mencken
mv,

More interested in the Blair deal above. A casual search was unsuccessful. And I'm really not all that 'formal' a guy. :oops: S2 S2
i figured Blair would refuse Egypt, seeing the blows we took for exporting what scumbags we did find, i don't blame him. it can be done domestically, but i just don't think anyone on this planet is thinking realistically besides AQ.
I'll see if I can find it, right now I just don't remember where it was...

Quote:and you are now a Bush hater? What does it for you? His Russian position, his illegal immigration issue, or something else?

These two and all the rest. His policies on Taiwan, Iran, Israel are not any better.

Incidentally, I am not a Bush hater. I simply find it hard to find something good about him and have no such problem with Tancredo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Europe's Potential Terrorists John L 0 1,087 09-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Last Post: John L