Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And they Came After Us
Prescient. When it was only Jews,Europe didn't care and Egyptians laughed,the nuts have more reach today and we all are going to get some.

Does this NOT remind anyone of Pastor Miemoller's famous comments?

http//www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson200507220816.asp
Nice on rhetoric, short on substance.

Quote:India too got mostly a pass, other than the occasional murdering by Pakistani zealots.
India has suffered terrorism from radical Islamists since well before 9/11. Many of the terrorist plotters, trainers and coordinators that are active around the world today had their beginnings in Pakistani-sponsored jihadi training camps preparing terrorists for infiltration into Kashmir and India proper.

A great site for research into south-asian terrorism: South Asia Terrorism Portal

The underlying facts that violence in south Thailand is much more than simple jihadism has been discussed and linked on another thread

Quote:...nor admit millions of Communist-ruled Bulgarians and Albanians onto our shores.
Not millions - simply because so many could not get out of their police states. But we damn sure welcomed many, many defectors to our shores, as did our NATO allies. We had a sophisticated relocation program going throughout that time period to give those people homes in the US or in any one of our NATO partners - dependent upon the nationality, abilities, and level of communist affiliation of the individuals in question. Throughout the Cold War we openly encouraged East Europeans to vote with their feet, and those who had occupied sensitive positions we debriefed thoroughly upon their crossing of the Iron Curtain.

There's more, but to cut it short, such simplistic and narrow-minded and self-serving views of the history of, and what's currently going on in international terrorism only serves to reinforce the world-wide view that Americans only give a damn about violence that is directed against US and Israeli interests. The attitude projected - "well, good thing it happened there, maybe they'll understand how we feel now" is reprehensible.
He is absolutely right! We should not be sending billions to autocratic states that do not represent our values.

And he is also right. Islamic terror is indeed selective, such as not bothering with India or China.

It has to be rooted out and crushed. And I don't know about you, but the latest draft in the Iraqi constitution is trying to outlaw Jews and Israelis from citizenship there. We should protest this inclusion, as it does nothing but cause more trouble further down the road.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Quote:India has suffered terrorism from radical Islamists since well before 9/11.

Obviously, yes, but there is more to it. Most--but not all--terrorism is islamic, but ignoring other instances of terrorism might have helped in encouraging islamists.

Suicide bombing, for example, were perfected by the Tamils, and basically ignored by the world -- unfortunately.

Quote:the latest draft in the Iraqi constitution is trying to outlaw Jews and Israelis from citizenship there.

and Basrah is apparently under Sharia law...but what else do you expect? We are setting up a theocracy.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

mv Wrote:Suicide bombing, for example, were perfected by the Tamils, and basically ignored by the world -- unfortunately.

What is interesting is that the Tamils believed in reincarnation, thus returning to this world, in the skin of who knows whom. With the Islamists, it is a world full of untrained sex toys.

I suspect that the sales pitch with the Tamils was harder than with the Islamists today. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Quote:What is interesting is that the Tamils believed in reincarnation,...

An interesting point. I'm unsure if the Tigers are actually religious fanatics (anyone knows?), but is it possible that for a Tamil a proper suicide would lead to a better reincarnation?
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

I don't know about Tamil religion,maybe they're Hindu,which does believe in re-incarnation.

Jed might have valid complaints,but Hanson has some real strong points.

Europeans generally have sided with Palestinian Arabs in the intifada,the Jews deserve it. Arabs gleefully read of each terror attack over the years. Now the attacks are honing in on OTHER INFIDELS in Europe as well as what Osama would call APOSTATE MUSLIMS,both of whom supported generally the intifada.
Americans did not side with the terrorists,but right here at home until AFTER 9-11,we tolerated OPEN recruitment and fund raising for jihadists so long as they were strictly anti Jewish jihadists AND anti British terrorism directed by the PIRA.

They are coming for them,the wolves are living with them and their past support for anti Jewish terrorism is not protecting them now. Appeasment will not protect Spain or Britain.

THAT is the crux of the message that I agree wholeheartedly about.

if Hanson falsely left India out as a victim of these insanely bloodthirsty meatheads,that hardly nullifies the validity of his central thesis,we ignored these ravening wolves for decades,now they have risen to some prominence and are biting our as.ses and NOT ONLY Jewish as.ses.

Excellent logic from my view.
Palladin Wrote:I don't know about Tamil religion,maybe they're Hindu,which does believe in re-incarnation.

The Tamils are ethnic Indians who were imported to then Ceylon under the British to act as administrators of the colonial government. They had special perks and privileges over the Ceylonese, who resented it, naturally.

When the Brits left, the Ceylonese took over and the disenfranchised Tamils went "postal". And yes, they are Hindu.
H. L. Mencken
So,just the opposite of what happened in Iraq. Man,colonial overhang sucks.

The Balkans and the Ottoman human migrations,half of Africa and Asia.

Anyway,I see this jihad movement as growing,we better hang in now,because IF it has any startegic success,they will become a real danger to us and not a hassle to us.

The challenge is,they believe we are not tough people and we're trying hard to prove them right with idiots like Kennedy and Durbin's public speeches. The day they decide we're tough hombres is the day they lose faith. That makes Iraq worth it regardless of how difficult it is,IMO,but again,it's trying our patience.
The thing that I find to be the colossal failure of the US in Iraq is the half hearted attempt to produce a sound communications system that would get our point to the most listeners.

No radio stations initially, playing music and giving the news from the West's POV. No cultural stations that also showed how the US was actually helping Iraqis and actually opening up democracy to the area.

This failure, to me, was by far the greatest one of them. What a mistake in the world of ideas.
H. L. Mencken
J,

I would imagine you're right,but I would also imagine we could have sat here in 1943 and asked WHAT THE HELL did we waste Marines in Tarawa for!!??

We make mistakes dude,get used to it.

So do they and the London bombings now appear to be unbelievably an error,especially using jihadists homegrown. I'm reading and it seems many leftists are outraged to the core over it.