Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP platform may have global warming plank
The global elites want cap and trade or a tax on carbon. Doesn't matter who you vote for, both sides will push forward with this agenda.

GOP platform may have global warming plank

Quote:WASHINGTON, Aug. 26 (UPI) -- The Republican platform may include a first-ever plank on global warming, an examination of a draft document indicated.

"Increased atmospheric carbon has a warming effect on the Earth," The Hill reported the draft document as saying. "While the scope and long term consequences of this warming effect are the subject of ongoing research, we believe the United States should take measured and reasonable steps today."

Sen. John McCain, poised to become the party's presidential nominee next week during the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn., is a proponent of tackling global warming.

The party is also expected to consider taking a strong anti-earmark position, also favored by McCain, the draft indicated.

"Earmarking must stop," the draft said. "To eliminate wasteful projects and payoffs to special interests, we will impose an immediate moratorium on the earmarking system and reform the appropriations process through full transparency."

The final version of the 2008 Republican Platform will be ratified during the convention.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/08/26/G...219785776/
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
I can promise you that there will be a terrible fight over this. I would be fighting it tooth and nail too. If McCain thinks he will get that included, he will lose more votes than he can envision.

Blaming CO2 for warming is absolutely wacky, with all the accumulating scientific evidence to the contrary. He really is a Dufus. :twisted:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
I would not care.... not voting for Republicans regardless of small things like climate....
Sanders 2020

Wasn't there a relatively recent poll that showed that the majority of Americans did not believe in Global Warming being caused by rising CO2 levels?

This "plank" is not a good idea.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
The John McCain Climate Change Plan.

He might as well nominate Al Gore as his VP.
Lots of politicians are "for" or "against" certain issues. That does not mean they will act on their "stand on the issues". E.g. Reagan was against abortion, but wisely avoided taking any direct action. And, as long as I have watched politicians, he is the one who was most true to his campaign positions. All others pleaded some kind of "new information" on entering the office and threw their campaign promises under the bus (as the saying goes).

So, why get upset about McCain and GW? Granted, it would be nice if he were opposed, but there is no guarantee he will implement carbon taxes. I think anyone who does will feel a strong repercussion 2 years later, when people find out how much it will cost them at the pump and to plug in the AC. True stupidity may emerge, but it could be rectified in 2 years.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
JohnWho Wrote:The John McCain Climate Change Plan.

He might as well nominate Al Gore as his VP.

I don't dub him "The Dufus" for nothin' JW. Lord help us all. Shock
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wow, that sucks.
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
OK,I'm throwing my hat in the ring. No AGW plank,but one ridiculing the concept.

John L,want to be my veep? If you agree to,I'll let you be POTUS every 6 months while I vacation.

Deal?
Palladin Wrote:OK,I'm throwing my hat in the ring. No AGW plank,but one ridiculing the concept.

John L,want to be my veep? If you agree to,I'll let you be POTUS every 6 months while I vacation.

Deal?

JW has a better temperament for the job. I'll settle for the High Court bench, ok? Wink1
President in charge of Vice!

Count me in!

S2
OK,it's JW and Palladin with a campaign promise to make John L chief justice.

Can this girl be in the campaign somewhere? Seriously,Governor Palin is awesome,but I can see lack of experience being one negative. Other than that,she's good looking,smart and very objective. This has ot mean McCain is changing somewhat on ANWR and the AGW stupidity,IMO:

HERE
Palladin Wrote:OK,it's JW and Palladin with a campaign promise to make John L chief justice.

Can this girl be in the campaign somewhere? Seriously,Governor Palin is awesome,but I can see lack of experience being one negative. Other than that,she's good looking,smart and very objective. This has ot mean McCain is changing somewhat on ANWR and the AGW stupidity,IMO:

HERE

Picking her was a smart move. The Beast is going to run in 2012, and it's possible that there will be two females running against each other then.

Also, this choice will most likely gain the Dufus more Hillary voters too. Wink1
Palladin Wrote:Seriously,Governor Palin is awesome,but I can see lack of experience being one negative.

Geez - Obama has even less executive experience and he's running for President!

I'm seeing that as a BIG negative for Obama.
I think the global warming plank is something that will never see the light of day as policy. By NOT having one - you leave the meat head liberals a piece of crumb to nibble on and use as fodder on the nightly news.

By inserting a plank (not a real policy) you take it off the table and stuff the proverbial sweaty gym sock in the moonbats yappers and shut them the hell up. This may be a good move - the less tree huggers screaming at the top of their lungs about a problem the does not exist - the better the real environment becomes.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
Yes, I am formally Pauly Walnuts from BearPit.
Blue Dog Democrat Wrote:I think the global warming plank is something that will never see the light of day as policy. By NOT having one - you leave the meat head liberals a piece of crumb to nibble on and use as fodder on the nightly news.

By inserting a plank (not a real policy) you take it off the table and stuff the proverbial sweaty gym sock in the moonbats yappers and shut them the hell up. This may be a good move - the less tree huggers screaming at the top of their lungs about a problem the does not exist - the better the real environment becomes.

The powers that be want cap and trade and they will have it come hell or high water.
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving Global Warming The Cold Shoulder John L 7 2,006 10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Last Post: JohnWho
  Global Warming Bill in Trouble John L 41 6,759 01-04-2010, 06:02 PM
  "global warming" and "climate change": f jt 2 1,288 05-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Last Post: scpg02
  Not Evil, Just Wrong: Next Shot In The Global Warming War John L 4 1,839 07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Last Post: John L
  Weather Channel Founder's Take on Global Warming Scam John L 24 5,279 06-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Last Post: John L
  John McCain outlines a plan to tackle global warming JohnWho 2 1,281 05-13-2008, 04:32 PM
  Why Won't AlGore Debate Global Warming? John L 68 16,156 11-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Last Post: drgonzaga
  Alan Caruba on The Year the Global Warming Hoax Died John L 15 3,010 11-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Last Post: drgonzaga
  Put up or shut up on global warming scpg02 12 2,369 08-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Lithium
  GOP Already Rebuilding A New Platform Grizzly 6 1,533 10-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Anonymous24