Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macedonia and Wahhabis
Sad to hear of this,wish all the Muslims were like the gentleman being interviewed and not like wahabbis:

HERE
Quite an interesting story of influence and intimidation.

Why do some women decide to wear the hijab (or burka or hair coverings)? Does their man put pressure on them to do so, or do they do it for religious reasons? If it is the latter, it would surprise me, for I did not think that women were so passionate about religion as men (in general).
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
I'm not sure. I think there is a religiosity wave ongoing across parts of the globe,not only with Muslims. I used to read an Egyptian blogger who was a secularist and he said Egyptian Christians and Muslims were getting more "religious".

Who knows why the Mac Muslims are doing this and not the Kosovo guys? Maybe Kamil knows.
As far as JT's question goes.
Qaran states that women must dress modestly. To some Moslems it will mean that women should not go topless and bottomless in a beach. While to some other Moslems it means to wear hijab.
I think like in most instances, extremists pick the most extreme possibility in a dress code. As far as women or men deciding what women should wear, I think originally some jelouse men started the Moslem dress code.

For Palladin, just for information. Bektasi sect of Moslem is the most liberal version of the Alevi Sect followed by the Anatolian Alevis. Ottoman Empire encouraged new converts to Islam to pick Bektasi Sect, because it was much easier for the new converts to accept and follow.
Like drinking of alcahol is OK
No need to pray in mosque and visit Mecca.
Liberal dress codes for women, etc., etc.
Kamil,

I like this version.

It is odd that the same ethnic group so close together have responded with a different attitude.
Kamil Wrote:For Palladin, just for information. Bektasi sect of Moslem is the most liberal version of the Alevi Sect followed by the Anatolian Alevis. Ottoman Empire encouraged new converts to Islam to pick Bektasi Sect, because it was much easier for the new converts to accept and follow.
Like drinking of alcahol is OK
No need to pray in mosque and visit Mecca.
Liberal dress codes for women, etc., etc.

This reminds me of St. Paul's approach to prosyletising. He vehemently objected to having all new converts to Christianity become circumcised and follow all the detail of Hebraic law. Evidently his approach worked quite well. Without St. Paul's efforts, Christianity may not exist as a popular religion today.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
yes, this idea is an ancient one.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

JT,

Paul got himself murdered for it,too. But,it was the right approach,as we see it,Jesus fulfilled the Levitical Law,so following it's various codes and sacrifices and such became redundant.

He was really hounded by some fellow Jewish Christians who also wanted to hold onto the old worship modes,they followed him everywhere he went and "counter evangelized" Gentiles about the circumcision issue.

I was joking with a buddy of mine at work today. I said,"Imagine being a recent convert from paganism. You've believed in Jesus as the Son of God,then along comes these guys and they say,"circumcision,too"! So,you do it as a grown up(OUCH!),then along comes Paul and says,"That was totally un-necessary"!

Bummer.
jt Wrote:Quite an interesting story of influence and intimidation.

Why do some women decide to wear the hijab (or burka or hair coverings)? Does their man put pressure on them to do so, or do they do it for religious reasons? If it is the latter, it would surprise me, for I did not think that women were so passionate about religion as men (in general).

Here a picture of American-Muslim women. Wink1

[Image: Amish-women2-kp.jpg]
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confronting the Wahhabis Palladin 10 2,337 12-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Palladin