Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walter Williams Makes Points on Oklahoma "Sedition&quot
I wish our government would start acting like this.

HERE
I would like to see lots of other state governments follow suit.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
And I'm the only one who actually voted for the candidate who believes these tenets. Not only that I seem to remember being derided here for doing so.

I'm also told I'm "wasting" my vote this fall because I refuse to vote for a candidate who does not support these ideals. And we wonder why government gets away with this crap.

Oh I forgot *slaps forhead* I'm the conspiracy nut in the group. *rolls eyes*
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
scpg02 Wrote:And I'm the only one who actually voted for the candidate who believes these tenets. Not only that I seem to remember being derided here for doing so.

I'm also told I'm "wasting" my vote this fall because I refuse to vote for a candidate who does not support these ideals. And we wonder why government gets away with this crap.

Oh I forgot *slaps forhead* I'm the conspiracy nut in the group. *rolls eyes*

Don't beat up on yourself so much Maggie. Wink1

Now, here is the part I liked the most.

Quote:State efforts, such as Oklahoma's, create a glimmer of hope that one day Americans and their elected representatives will realize that the federal government is the creation of the states. A bit of rebellion by officials in other states will speed that process along.

In other words, Okies realize that this is a government that is supposed to be "Bottom Up", not "Top Down", and the bureaucrats and politicians in DC are totally unaware of this fact.

We need many more reminders of such. Wink1

Would somebody PM Buzz and Grizz, to find out what their response would be on this?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
I really don't have a problem with this. I think that this is largely a matter of opinion and while I may not agree with all of it there are legitimate arguments to be made for and against it.

And I have to give credit to Williams. While I often disagree with his opinions he at least is one of the few conservatives who can express his opinion with out resorting to the usual lies and misinformation that most like to repeat.
The rightist motto: "Facts?... we don't need no stinkin facts."

[Image: Obama08_Logo150.gif]
This movement has to go from states upward,no President can suddenly reverse 80 years of history unless the congress authorized it. Our local state governments have to start ignoring the federal government.

Oftentimes the fed is within it's rights,oftentimes it is not. An example where it is not is where a fed judge declared the BLM cannot allow oil drilling in Michigan. That is not within the court's purview,so the Michigan Governor should ignore the ruling,sign the contract and let's drill.

I hope many state governors begin revolting against federal authority when it is outside the constitutional mandates goven to the feds. Then,lets see these guys like Buzz do something about it.
This movement has to go from states upward,no President can suddenly reverse 80 years of history unless the congress authorized it. Our local state governments have to start ignoring the federal government.

Oftentimes the fed is within it's rights,oftentimes it is not. An example where it is not is where a fed judge declared the BLM cannot allow oil drilling in Michigan. That is not within the court's purview,so the Michigan Governor should ignore the ruling,sign the contract and let's drill.

I hope many state governors begin revolting against federal authority when it is outside the constitutional mandates given to the feds.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Walter E. Williams on the Founding Fathers John L 1 900 11-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Palladin
  Walter E. Williams On The Possibility Of A Way Out John L 3 969 11-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Last Post: John L
  Dr. Walter E. Williams On The Most Dangerous Threat To Humanity John L 0 846 08-08-2012, 12:37 PM
  Vladimir Lenin's "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back&quot John L 2 2,074 12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
  Dr Walter E Williams On The REAL Slavery Today! John L 7 2,299 06-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Last Post: JohnWho
  Dr Walter E Williams On Political Loathfulness John L 5 1,564 04-10-2008, 01:54 PM
  Dr Walter E Williams On Creating Effective Incentives John L 0 1,067 06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
  Dr Walter E Williams on Things to Think About John L 0 1,136 05-16-2007, 05:26 PM
  Dr Walter E Williams on Mankind's Most Brutal Institution John L 16 4,706 02-18-2006, 03:34 PM
  Dr Walter E Williams On Bogus Rights John L 7 2,874 02-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Last Post: KenBean