Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shrek Conyers bested by a kid
John Conyers' wife, Monica, made a total fool of her self.. Driving in to work in Las Vegas, what do I hear? ...an embarrassing diatribe from the Detroit City Councilwoman. Not happy to let Kwalme Kilpatrick take all the jeers and laughter - she has to not only prove her ignorance of Parliamentarian procedures, act like a bully and a whiner, but then go head-to-head against an eighth-grader and lose.
Too funny. God bless the kid for standing up for what is right!
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
More intrigue. There are prison terms in the future for several criminals in the Detroit City Council. Kwalme went to prison, and Ken Cockrel (Shrek) stepped into the temporary opening in the Mayor's office, as is the way the Detroit succession works. Monica stepped up as President of the Council (believe it or not). We had an election, and the former Piston's All Star Dave Bing won out over Cockrel, and became mayor. Shrek went back to be President of the Council, and Monica was pushed out, and was served a summons for graft and accepting bribes. (How would you like to get arrested for a sludge scandal?)

Latest Monica Conyers scandal.
The Freep Wrote:...She hasn't said anything about the stunning allegations against her, but on her weekly television show this week, she offered a bizarre ultimatum. "If you're not praying for me, you're just adding to the problem," she said.

Conyers can spare us the messianic blather, and just do the right thing. Step aside, for the good of the city, and the cause of public integrity.
I wonder if the new GM CEO will be obliged to appear in the Detroit city council. Note that, BHO did not allow GM to move its headquarters out of Detroit. It would be no burden evidently, since all he would have to do would be to hire 8th graders as spokesmen.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
Seems like Detriot rivals most African countries in gov't, corruption, crime, economy, etc.

I got a good friend of mine from there, he never wants to go back, ever.
Gunnen4u Wrote:Seems like Detriot rivals most African countries in gov't, corruption, crime, economy, etc.

Friends of mine from the area have described it as looking like bombed out parts of Iraq ... (with rotting wood substituted for shattered concrete).

At least the greenies have to be happy though ... the place is starting to return to 'nature'.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
Looks like those had once been nice homes.
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
scpg02 Wrote:Looks like those had once been nice homes.

I spent a good portion of my childhood growing up in a trailer park. ... so yeah ... I gotta agree. Through those eyes (at that moment in time) they would have once looked like absolute mansions!
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
mr_yak Wrote:
Gunnen4u Wrote:Seems like Detriot rivals most African countries in gov't, corruption, crime, economy, etc.

Friends of mine from the area have described it as looking like bombed out parts of Iraq ... (with rotting wood substituted for shattered concrete).

At least the greenies have to be happy though ... the place is starting to return to 'nature'.

Now I know where the History Channel got so much of it's footage for their movie and series, Life After People. You can watch the program by going here. The contrast is dark, but it is still worth watching.

The truth is that we all need at least one Detroit, hanging around, to remind us of what happens when Jackasses rule the roost. Too bad we have several Detroits here, and that Ain't good. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Monica has officially resigned from the Council, and now Her famous husband, John Conyers, is in the crosshairs. He publicly opposed action that he secretly wrote a letter to support, at a $10,000 "finder's fee".

They are so toast.
On the 6:00 news, Steve Wilson named John Conyers as being in very hot water.