Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condi Rice praises Obama's 'race speech'
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080328/pl_n...ma_rice_dc

Quote:WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sometimes touted as a contender for the Republican vice-presidential slot, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has aired her thoughts on race in the United States, a prominent issue in the presidential election campaign.

Rice, the top ranking African-American in President George W. Bush's cabinet, told The Washington Times she had watched Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama's major speech on race last week.

"I think it was important that he (Obama) gave it for a whole host of reasons," said Rice in a transcript of the interview released by the State Department on Friday.

"There is a paradox for this country and a contradiction of this country and we still haven't resolved it," she said in a detailed reply to questions about Obama and race issues as a whole before next week's 40th anniversary of the slaying of civil rights leader Marin Luther King.

"But what I would like understood as a black American is that black Americans loved and had faith in this country even when this country didn't love and have faith in them, and that's our legacy."
The lingering resentments of the Blacks (even Rice, Thomas, Powell) still surprises me in a way. But, on the other hand, there was a lot of quite negative racism by some whites up to the 60's, and so lots of Blacks still recall that, especially those who are 50 or over. So, to some extent, I can understand their bad memories. What I cannot understand, is their (and their children's) reluctance to capitalize on all of the affirmative action benefits instituted since the 70's. And, I cannot understand why they have not seized opportunities to better their lot since then. I do not believe that white racism is a debilitating factor for them in large areas of the US. But perhaps I am wrong. However, I suspect that the race mongering of many black leaders leads many of them to blame their problems on someone else, which is a destructive mode of thinking. Trauma is one thing, but negative proselytizing is another.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
It should be most important that the first black president be someone, who has gotten over this stumbling block. Thomas Sowell, or Shelby Steele are the best of the best, who would possibly make superior leaders.

If the first black president is stuck on race, and carries it on his/her shoulder, it will stigmatize any other black candidates following him/her. I can not help but think that Obama will not get beyond all this racial crap. I fear it will make it worse, and I do not want this to happen.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Condi's statement was more about countering the venom of Wright, than endorsing Obama's views. She pointed to successes of Blacks, and that life has been hard - but the U.S. allows everyone to grasp the golden ring, regardless of race.

The saddest truth about racism is that the bigots are enabled by the ones they hate - on all sides. Obama said in his book that his Grandmother did NOT harbor bigoted or racist views. her one episode he recently alluded to was her near-mugging at a bus stop - and her fear that that same mugger may target her if she went back. He happened to have been black - but the fear was real, not racist. Obama's use of that story WAS racist.

Many blacks, including Bill Cosby, have often said that when approaching strange men walking toward you on the street - they would prefer them to be white rather than black - because the odds are better to be mugged if they are black rather than white, regardless of the race of the victim.

If the people one fears would stop attacking, then the fears could legitimately go away.
Obama has gotten over the stumbling block. IF he hadn't, he would never have had enough self-discipline to run the kind of campaign he has.
According to several black Chicago ministers, it is not his campaign - he is a mere figurehead.
What do they mean? Do you have a link to this?
jt Wrote:The lingering resentments of the Blacks (even Rice, Thomas, Powell) still surprises me in a way. But, on the other hand, there was a lot of quite negative racism by some whites up to the 60's, and so lots of Blacks still recall that, especially those who are 50 or over. So, to some extent, I can understand their bad memories. What I cannot understand, is their (and their children's) reluctance to capitalize on all of the affirmative action benefits instituted since the 70's. And, I cannot understand why they have not seized opportunities to better their lot since then. I do not believe that white racism is a debilitating factor for them in large areas of the US. But perhaps I am wrong. However, I suspect that the race mongering of many black leaders leads many of them to blame their problems on someone else, which is a destructive mode of thinking. Trauma is one thing, but negative proselytizing is another.
Is it not rather that no opportunities are given to them? Is it not that many black leaders fight against the race mongering of the white folks? Just one aspect, crime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States
Quote:A February 1997 report on rape and sexual-based crime published by the United States Department of Justice stated that of the crimes surveyed, 56% of arrestees were White, 42% were Black, and 2% were of other races, though it should be noted that "Hispanic" was not recognized as a racial category, with Hispanics predominantly being grouped together with Non-Hispanic Whites.

In 1998, nearly one out of three Black men between the ages of 20-29 were in prison or jail, on probation or parole on any given day. Approximately 70% of prisoners in the United States are non-Whites.
How comes that most arrestees are white, by by far most prisoners are black? Shouldn't the percentages be roughly equal?
Quote:About 10.4 % of all black males in the United States between the ages of 25 and 29 were sentenced and in prison by year end, compared to 2.4 % of Hispanic males and 1.2 % of white males.
If I'm up for it, I'll look up some more statistics. Such as average incomes of white and black households, how many black executives are in businesses and elsewhere compared to white ones and compared to thei factions of the population, etc. I guess that answers the question why they don't seize opportunities satisfyingly.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
What bothers me is there is nothing anyone can do today to "make up" for Condoleeza's experiences in Birmingham in the 1950s and 60s and I fail to understand WHAT I or they are supposed to get from "talking about race" in 2008?

I'd vote for Colin Powell,I won't vote for Rice or Obama because they both have anti Jewish nonsense in their hearts,has 100% nothing to do with what they look like. I also won't vote for John Kerry because he's a girl in a man's body,so what?

What obstacle does a young black man have today that I or this society has placed before him? Not many,but his own culture places an obstacle 10 miles high as education is berated in the black community,ask any educated black girl or guy and THAT is the problem for black Americans,not white racism. That's such a small hurdle in 2008 and they get the benefit of affirmative action preferences over others as well.

I just don't know why 2 successful black people are talking in 2008 about the "black plight" in America,their own status sort of shows the discussion is vapid,IMO. Get off yer AS.S and have a good life,don't bother me with your chip on your shoulder crying. Condy and her parents have suffered hate and predjudice,but those days are done,why is this a valid discussion point for a POTUS candidate and what good can it now do?
Palladin Wrote:I just don't know why 2 successful black people are talking in 2008 about the "black plight" in America,their own status sort of shows the discussion is vapid,IMO.

It is the black equivalent of holding a save the redwoods party on your redwood deck.

They talk about it because black people, rapidly becoming middle class, see the disparity in black crime rates just as we do. (I think someone mentioned it on another thread) They can't blame themselves so they must blame others. It is unthinkable to them that blacks could actually be more violent and more criminal so then there must be a cause. And I'm not saying there isn't but until they clean their own house there is no way to tell where the dirt is coming from.

That's the one thing Cosby had right. I also think that Juan Williams had a great take on it. His book Enough! was excellent. There are black leaders who are stepping forward and trying to lead the discussion. I wish they had a greater voice in the MSM than the Reverends Jesse and Al.

This whole problem really puts the lie to the notion of equality, nature v. nurture argument. Are blacks really equal to whites? Is the problem of black crime really derived from circumstances and racism or something basic in the black nature?

Take the argument out of race and you step into gender equality. Are men and women the same? Are gender differences solely based on nurture or is there something more basic going on?

Then if one does except that basic differences exist based on genetics and physiology then you have to ask yourself are the differences bad, good or immaterial?

I will say that equality in the race area continues to lag equality in the gender area. If you want to see where the discussions on race will go next you have only to look at women's rights arguments.
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
spc,

I'm afraid you're right. Crime has exploded in black neighborhoods and Patrick Moynihan wrote a book on the phenomenon in 1965! He traced it to the destruction of the black family.

No father generally equals no discipline,which devalues most the good training a mom gives us assuming she does give us good training.

The Bible sort of screams this truism out repeatedly,but no one wants to hear of such,so I guess we get to experience a crime wave like it's Baghdad instead.

Incidentally,the white crime is heading up and for the exact same reason,the destruction of the white family unit. God really is smarter than man,but so many Americans think otherwise today.
Palladin Wrote:He traced it to the destruction of the black family.

There is a reason abortion clinics are placed in black neighborhoods and it wasn't for the benefit of blacks.

Didn't the creator of planned parenthood advocate genocide of the black race?
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, supported Nazi-style Eugenics to weed out the undeserving:
The Pivot of Civilization Wrote:Modern studies indicate that insanity, epilepsy, criminality, prostitution, pauperism, and mental defect, are all organically bound up together and that the least intelligent and the thoroughly degenerate classes in every community are the most prolific. Feeble-mindedness in one generation becomes pauperism or insanity in the next. There is every indication that feeble-mindedness in its protean forms is on the increase, that it has leaped the barriers, and that there is truly, as some of the scientific eugenists have pointed out, a feeble-minded peril to future generations - unless the feeble-minded are prevented from reproducing their kind. To meet this emergency is the immediate and peremptory duty of every State and of all communities.

This attitude is one of the hallmarks of the ultra-elite Progressives. The icons of the Left: D. H. Lawrence, Aldous Huxley, H. G. Wells, George Bernard Shaw, and Virginia Woolf made no bones about their innate superiority over the intellectually turgid who can't handle knowledge even when it is spoonfed them in Progressive schools. Lawrence proposed, "all schools should be closed at once. The great mass of humanity should never learn to read and write." The hatred and disgust for the intellectually vapid underclass was spelled out by Huxley and Wells. Huxley said "about 95.5 percent of the entire population of the planet are stupid and philistine." Woolf described others as social inferiors. Her diary mentioned self-taught working class men. "We know how distressing they are." Other women using public lavatory were "common little tarts." Middle-class working women in a restaraunt eating cakes were "scented, shoddy, parasitic. Where does the money come [from] to feed these fat white slugs?" Wells fought for an atheist world government, because he said all wars are caused by popular patriotism and religious belief. His burning anti-Semitism was so pronounced that Eleanor Roosevelt asked Wells to leave the country. Shaw joins Wells in the idea that global domination must be brought about by genocide. In a time before Hitler, they wanted the mentally and physically unfit to be exterminated. According to Wells, "the swarms of black, brown, dirty-white, and yellow people in Africa and Asia will have to go." In Europe the "vicious, helpless and pauper masses, the weak and silly and pointless, and the lumpy, unteacheable, unimaginative people must be annihilated in a mercifle obliteration through disease, starvation, and execution." Shaw said, the "extermination must be put on a scientific basis if it is ever to be carried out humanely and apologetically as well as thoroughly. ...If we desire a certain type of civilization and culture, we must exterminate the sort of prople who do not fit into it."
I would imagine Margaret Sanger certainly viewed black folks as less worthy than she,most white folks did back then and she was an elitist so my guess is she was worse than my mother who was an acknowledged "benevolent racist". Born in 1924.

Momma's teaching was actually funny. "Don't harm black folks cause God made them,too,but don't associate with them either"!

Hilarious actually,but tragic at the same time.

Anyway,it seems the elitist left now has wised up,it isn't chic to claim superiority,so now they just treat others as if we need them and don't say it openly.
Palladin Wrote:spc,

I'm afraid you're right. Crime has exploded in black neighborhoods and Patrick Moynihan wrote a book on the phenomenon in 1965! He traced it to the destruction of the black family.

No father generally equals no discipline,which devalues most the good training a mom gives us assuming she does give us good training.

The Bible sort of screams this truism out repeatedly,but no one wants to hear of such,so I guess we get to experience a crime wave like it's Baghdad instead.

Incidentally,the white crime is heading up and for the exact same reason,the destruction of the white family unit. God really is smarter than man,but so many Americans think otherwise today.

George Gilder, a true genius, once stated that black crime is not necessarily more abundant, but it is different from white crime. Most blacks, are products of the Great Society, in which the father has taken flight, and there is no strong figure to hold them in check. Add to that the fact that they are predominently illiterate, and you have a sure fire recipe for violent criminal behaviour.

With whites and asians, the family is much more intact, and the education levels are much higher. Consequently, crime tends to be more "white colar" in nature, and thus less violent. This means that the number of incarcerated violent offenders are usually black and now Latinos, who are also usually without education.

There is this perception that violent crime is more criminal in nature than non-violent crime. And there is indeed a difference. But that is the real cause and effect here in the US. Uncle George is a genius to be reckoned with. Wink1

I can't link to this because he wrote this in one of him many books.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Here is his book, Men and Marriage. It is a classic tour-de-force.

Quote:"As a social institution, marriage transcends all individuals. The health of a society, its collective vitality, ultimately resides in its concern for the future, its sense of a connection with generations to come" (p. 16).-George Gilder

Here's another quote from him.

Quote:The chief cause of black poverty is welfare state feminism. Thirty years of affirmative action programs have artificially elevated black women into economic power over black men.

This regime prevailed from the highest levels of the economy, where black female college graduates with five years on the job significantly out-earned black men in 1991, to the underclass, where a typical package of welfare benefits produced disposable income 28% above a typical job in 1994. It prevailed on college campuses, where more than 60% of the blacks are women. It dominated government job training programs, where girls are found to benefit far more than boys. It even invaded such male bastions as the cockpits of fighter planes, police squad cars, fire stations, construction sites and university athletic teams....

It is an unpopular fact of life that in all societies and in all races monogamous marriage is based on patriarchal sex roles with men the dominant provider. Welfare state feminism destroyed black families by ravaging the male role of provider. Some observers claim that black communities benefit from matriarchal institutions. Looking more closely, however, you will find inner cities implacably ruled by gangs of young men, with the "matriarchs" cowering in their triple-bolted apartments in fear of them.

Men either dominate as providers or as predators. There is hardly any other option. The key problem of underclass--the crucible of crime, the source of violence, the root of poverty--is the utter failure of socialization of young men through marriage. The problem resides in the nexus of men and marriage. Yet nearly all the attention, subsidies, training opportunities and therapies of the welfare state focus on helping women function without marriage. The welfare state attacks the problem of the absence of husbands by rendering husbands entirely superfluous.

Welfare reform continues the policy, giving welfare mothers new training and child-care benefits and further obviating marriage by pursuing unmarried fathers with deadbeat dad campaigns.

Bill Clinton is the greatest dupe and poster child of welfare state feminism to come along in years. This is why both the feminist and black communities are reluctant to sanction his outrageous and deviant behavior--he serves two important political purposes. 1) He promotes welfare state feminism, and 2) his lack of character proves their fundamental tenet--that women are morally superior to men.

Today, in large American cities, fully 40% of young black men between the ages of 17 and 35 are in prison, on probation, or on the lam; and some 40% of young black women say they have been forced into unwanted sexual activity. To fear young black males has become a mandate for survival on the streets of many American cities. This unspeakable social tragedy--with all its infuriating reverberations on law-abiding black citizens-is the inevitable harvest of government policy.

Here is another quote from him.

Quote:George Gilder

In 1965, Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote a report on the plight of the black family that was so luminously true in all major particulars that it blinded nearly all who read it, possibly including the author himself. In the report he pointed out that the rate of welfare dependency and the rate of unemployment, long reliably correlated, were diverging sharply. In the midst of the 1960s boom, the welfare rolls had ratcheted intractably upward while unemployment slid steadily down. Behind this anomaly, Moynihan saw—amid academic waffles—was the transformation of the welfare state from a remedy for poverty into the cause of it. Welfare created poverty by disrupting the fabric of sexual roles and responsibilities that sustain families and uphold civilization.

Moynihan quoted Edward Wight Bakke, explaining that the welfare check normally goes to the woman and is often accompanied by female social workers. The man, already suffering from his failure as a provider, is further demoralized by becoming dependant on two women, one of them a stranger. "His role is reduced to that of errand boy to and from the relief office." Citing such conservative sources as J.D. Unwin’s Sex and Culture, Moynihan concluded that any society that permits such a breakdown "invites chaos and gets it."

This analysis properly focused on the socialization of young men as the prime function of family and society. Society, as Moynihan put it, is continually beset by "invasions of barbarians," i.e., teenaged boys. Unless they are tamed by marriage and the provider role, they become enemies of civilization. Males rule, whether through economic power as in civilized societies or through violent coercion by the male gangs of the inner city (a so-called matriarchy where mothers cower in locked apartments, terrorized by their sons).

This realization of the facts of life should have prompted a national reappraisal of the impact of the welfare state and its associated educational system of the socialization of young men. But under the pressure of an imperious feminism, the entire political order, with no qualms from the ever-more influential Senator Moynihan, launched an obsessive and almost entirely successful drive to increase the income and independence of women. This effort focused on black women, seen as doubly afflicted and doubly suitable for affirmative action on the basis of both sex and race. In the 1960s, as Moynihan demonstrated with concern, black women were already beginning to surpass black men in the government workforce. By the 1980s, black women were earning 106 percent of the average income of white women of similar age and credentials. Together, the earnings and welfare benefits of black women came drastically to exceed the incomes of black men. This had a decisive effect on marriage and family formation.

In the arms of the dole, ghetto black illegitimacy rates rose to over 80 percent.

Cuckolded by the welfare state and deprived of any disciplinary structure or needed family role, young black men turned to the perennial male equalizers: greater physical strength and aggression, rape and violence. Today, in large American cities, fully 40 percent of young black men between the ages of 17 and 35 are in prison, on probation, or on the lam, and some 40 percent of young black women say they have been forced into unwanted sexual activity. This unspeakable social tragedy is the inevitable harvest of the policies that young Daniel Patrick Moynihan descried so vividly in 1965 and will continue as long as feminism is the regnant ideology of government, ravaging the lives and families of the poor.

The superior family and sexual roles of women must be counterbalanced by the superior male role in the job force if families are to be restored among the poor. It is simply impossible to foster successful marriages while subsidizing promiscuity and giving the woman full support for her children without marrying the father.

Perhaps the most quixotic and perverse is the effort of the welfare state, after systematically destroying marriage, to replace it with so-called deadbeat dad crusades. Nothing is so futile as efforts to force men to support for life a child they "father" out of wedlock while abortion laws deny them any power to determine whether the child is born and while the welfare regime denies them any economic power to marry the mother.

Moynihan had it right in 1965. But the political culture, tragically, has rendered all his key insights nearly unspeakable.

-George Gilder is the author of Men and Marriage.

And my hero, Dr. Walter E. Williams, agrees too.

Quote:Walter E. Williams

By nearly any measure, Patrick Moynihan’s warning about the black family was right. Unfortunately, our response was to kill the messenger. We accepted the counsel of "experts" such as Andrew Cherlin, a sociologist at John Hopkins University, who argued that it had yet to be shown that the "absence of a father was directly responsible for any of the supposed deficiencies of broken homes" and that the real issue " is not the lack of male presence but the lack of male income." National policy supporting the vision that fathers can be replaced by a monthly welfare check played a significant role in the erosion of the black family.

Today’s rate of illegitimacy and single-parent households is unprecedented in black history. During periods of slavery, Jim Crowism, and codified racial discrimination, more black children lived in two-parent families than do today. That observation should give pause to "experts" who advance the argument that today’s social pathology is a result of racism and poverty. If that is the case, how can they explain why many unwed black families (often 80 percent and higher) were two parent at a time when there was much more racism, poverty, and fewer opportunities? The unambiguous bottom line is that the welfare state has done to the black family what slavery, Jim Crowism, and the rankest racism could never have done.

-Walter E. Williams is John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia.

You're both ignoring the fact that state governments tend to care less, and thus fund less police, in predominantly black areas, like city ghettos. Sad but true.

To take this thread on a different path, does anyone here watch the Wire? Its about the drug trade in Baltimore, and how the social realities of the city make it impossible to eliminate the drug trade. They go on into everything: familly life, the schools, the politicians, etc., and how it all contributes to crime in ghettos. And its not a purely Progressive viewpoint: one of the running themes in the show is how the biggest problems are not only the absence of fathers, but in many cases the mothers, who are often themselves addicted to drugs. One mother even sends her son out to earn drug money so she can buy nice things. The show also goes into how black crime receives less news coverage, so there's less pressure on politicians to try to fix it.

Anyway, I bring this up because the show argues that the War on Drugs is basically unwinnable, and a cause of violence. In one season one of the police captains comes up with the idea of prohibiting the drug trade to only one, largely abandoned section of the city, but giving the drug dealers full reign in that one section. The result is a huge drop in violence, but the 'Free-Zone' of drug trade becomes like a scene out of Dante's Inferno, with half-dead addicts bartering for toilet paper and such.

Anyway, I agree with the show's basic premise, which is that crime in ghettos is caused by huge social realities that no single government can fix; they will either correct themselves over time, or not go away ever.
Anonymous24 Wrote:You're both ignoring the fact that state governments tend to care less, and thus fund less police, in predominantly black areas, like city ghettos. Sad but true.

That is not a cause, but rather an "Effect". Huge difference Curtis.

Quote:Anyway, I agree with the show's basic premise, which is that crime in ghettos is caused by huge social realities that no single government can fix; they will either correct themselves over time, or not go away ever.

Curtis, the one thing you fail to recognize here is actually THE most important repository of civilization and stability. and that is the nuclear family. And that is what YOUR party is guilty of doing, starting in the 60s, in breaking down the black families. It should be held criminal in scope, and Lyndon Banes Johnson should be exhumed and put on trial for his criminal behaviour. Blacks should spit on the ground every time his name is mentioned, but they don't. And why not? Because they have been misled into believing that he did a great thing for them. Wrong! he almost single-handedly destroyed the black family, without even really tryng.

Go back and this time read my George Gilder quotes above. They are nothing less than earth shattering in scope, and so true. They are so true that he was even kicked off the Opera Winfrey show for putting them out in front of her. Which proves that she too is less than wise: she is a walking, talking, money making Functional idiot.

Quote:Curtis, the one thing you fail to recognize here is actually THE most important repository of civilization and stability. and that is the nuclear family. And that is what YOUR party is guilty of doing, starting in the 60s, in breaking down the black families. It should be held criminal in scope, and Lyndon Banes Johnson should be exhumed and put on trial for his criminal behaviour. Blacks should spit on the ground every time his name is mentioned, but they don't. And why not? Because they have been misled into believing that he did a great thing for them. Wrong! he almost single-handedly destroyed the black family, without even really tryng.

Welfare didn't create the ghetto mess; its a symptom, not the cause. Johnson instituted Welfare to stop black rioting. And many studies have shown that every time blacks riot, there is a rise in welfare right afterwards. Welfare is the price our government has decided to pay for decades instead of actually trying to fix ghettos.
Cops don't stop crime,they catch criminals,big difference. I'd say this debate could get ended by Anon staying in an all black area and seeing how long it take before he's assaulted.

Their violent crime rate is exponentially higher than ours. Has nothing to do with police,has to do with "disgusting" brutish black males raised w.o the discipline of a good father and often their mothers avoided them like cancer while they had a good old time on crack cocaine. Their morality is the same as a lion's cub,eat or get eaten.

Heck,black folks on the ball live among white people so their kids aren't murdered or dragged into this puke of modern black culture they despise,first move a successful black family makes is to the white part of Oak Ridge. Yet,the black section's housing is OK,but the young black men aren't,not enough of them,they're predators like a da.mn crow is. They're all going to get themselves killed young either by each other or the state.

Not caused by lack of cops,I don't see a cop in my neighborhood more than once a month,NO CRIME top speak of!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Ben Carson given deep audit after speech criticizing Obama Ron Lambert 2 517 10-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Ron Lambert
  Race relations under Obama mv 10 868 08-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gunnen4u
  Obama's "Blame Whitey" Racist Speech WarBicycle 14 1,159 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Palladin
  Obama's Afghanistan Speech at West Point. John L 13 1,316 12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
  Obama "Health Care" speech - 09/10/09 JohnWho 7 1,134 09-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Last Post: John L
  Obama and Grammar in His Speech to The Children of America veritas 24 1,833 09-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Last Post: John L
  Changefest '09 - Obama's Inaugural Speech scpg02 3 455 01-27-2009, 05:36 PM
  Obama's speech WmLambert 3 515 08-29-2008, 01:05 PM
  Faculty, Students Organize to Block Rice Commencement Speech John L 18 3,554 05-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Thaiquila
  Condi Rice & Reform at The State Department John L 9 1,740 01-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Last Post: KenBean