Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iraq Sanctions and Death of Innocent Children
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/072100-03.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/views/102300-103.htm
To be replaced with a signature of my own choice.
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/072100-03.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/views/102300-103.htm

Alright, I admit I was wrong. I should have said children under 5.

Quote:UNICEF blames the sanctions for the deaths of more than 500,000 Iraqi children under 5 since 1991.
As I have correctly stated, the US sanctions against Iraq was also less than successful. But the assertion that the US is responsible for the deaths of thousands of children is a scurillous lie. it is the fault of Saddam, and his corrupt system,that is ultimately responsible for the deaths.

This assertion is the same as the criminal, being chased by the good guy, who reaches out, grabs an innocent child/girl and tells the good guy that if he comes any closer he will be forced to shoot the child/girl, and it will be his fault, not the criminal.

the truth is that Iraq is able to get supplies, food, and other things via UN mandate, so blaming this on the US is flagarent dishonesty.

Sorry, but I had to respond to this intellecually vacant charge.

BTY, weren't we supposed to be talking about Castro and Cuba? How did Iraq get in this mix?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
I would expect Iraq's government to have tons of evidence about these dead children. Saddam should have known tons about it. Where is it? Where are the mothers of all the dead? Gosh,the news media would love to hear a story or 2.

I would not choose Iraqi children over my own,but knowing this,I still find no evidence of a single human dead over sanctions ever in human history. Not in Iraq,not Cuba,nowhere.

The very idea is ridiculous. Lots of states traded openly with Iraq,embargoes are never air tight. Typical low grade propaganda and not overly shrewd. Only Saddam's useful idiots believed it,said idiots never went to Iraq post 03 and asked around for bereaved mothers.
Palladin Wrote:I would expect Iraq's government to have tons of evidence about these dead children. Saddam should have known tons about it. Where is it? Where are the mothers of all the dead? Gosh,the news media would love to hear a story or 2.

I would not choose Iraqi children over my own,but knowing this,I still find no evidence of a single human dead over sanctions ever in human history. Not in Iraq,not Cuba,nowhere.

The very idea is ridiculous. Lots of states traded openly with Iraq,embargoes are never air tight. Typical low grade propaganda and not overly shrewd. Only Saddam's useful idiots believed it,said idiots never went to Iraq post 03 and asked around for bereaved mothers.

If you don't understand how the sanctions killed children then why didn't you ask and I would have told you. Although if I recall correctly I did say that they were largely killed by disease for lack of medicine. I did, and I even mentioned that Chlorine wasn't allowed to enter the country when needed. Face it pal, the whole idea was to make the civilian population suffer so they would turn on Saddam.

So now let's start from the beginning for those of us who are mentally challenged or for those who want to call black, white. Your first mission is to look up the infant mortality rate before and then during the sanctions regime. Until you at least do that I am not interested in entertaining you further on this issue.

Others- Sorry folks, when we start to talk about children dying unnecessarily, I too become a little rude.
These posts broken off of another thread, which is talking about Cuba, not Iraq.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iraq: record death toll stroll 5 1,818 02-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Last Post: track_snake