Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sun is half the size of the Earth, and flat just like Earth
RagHead Science

This nut-case must be related to Al Gore both rely on the same unsubstantiated science.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
I see the same thing amongst certain Fundies, who deny natural selection, or that the earth is over 12 billion years old. His case, however, is far more extreme.

Nevertheless, if the koranic verse is as he states, then one of the two is falacious. I wonder which?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
I love the part about the top half of the eye only seeing far distance things and the bottom half seeing closer - and that no one knows how the eye works.

Is this the case of Allah being unknowable and his wonders being inexplicable?
WmLambert Wrote:I love the part about the top half of the eye only seeing far distance things and the bottom half seeing closer - and that no one knows how the eye works.

Is this the case of Allah being unknowable and his wonders being inexplicable?
Nope. He's wearing varifocals. I owned an odd scientific book once, the "Hollow-World Theory". Published at Adolf's time. They claimed we live on the inside of a bubble, and presented lots of evidenve. Bogus, but sounded convincing. Sold the botch for Euro 45.- on ebay, to my utmost surprise.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
Something like the Scopes trial is needed in Iran. But wait, perhaps a reformation has to come first. Will there be an Islamic Martin Luther?
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
That would be the Prophet who most closely fits that role. He is like a Charismatic leader during the War of the Roses, who beat the other side militarily to control the church.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth Science & Geology News John L 127 94,999 03-21-2021, 08:15 PM
Last Post: John L
  Earth Day Predictions John L 4 2,761 05-05-2019, 10:22 AM
  Asteroid Apophis to Pass Within 20,000 miles of earth in 2029 Ron Lambert 20 8,307 01-29-2018, 11:00 PM
  What On Earth?! John L 3 3,234 05-01-2016, 07:34 PM
  14 Evidences for a Young Earth & Fallacy of Evolution Ron Lambert 147 79,102 05-17-2012, 01:11 PM
  Apparently earth has many "Mini-moons" that went unnoticed until now. Aurora Moon 3 2,008 04-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Fredledingue
  Earth Day Genius John L 4 1,972 04-25-2011, 05:48 PM
  three spaceships on approach to Earth mv 5 2,205 01-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Last Post: JohnWho
  First potentially habitable planet near Earth John L 3 1,803 09-29-2010, 09:47 PM
  The Sun affects the Rate of Radioactive Decay on Earth Ron Lambert 48 13,432 09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Last Post: WmLambert