Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelosi Plans Vote on Iraq Up or Down
I like this approach. Democrats need to shut up and vote to lose the war immediately and let's see if they're right about how Americans feel about Iraq. My view is Americans disagreed with the way Bush appeared to be conducting the campaign,but did not desire a loss by abdication. Let's see.

HERE
The objectives of the surge are already being met. See "Sounds like Progress" thread in the International Politics section. The troop draw down has already begun ... exactly what is the point here? Doesn't Pelosi read the NYT? Granted the news is on page A19 ... but it's out there for all to see.

They had their chance to "lose the war" ... and they blew it.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
mr_yak Wrote:The objectives of the surge are already being met. See "Sounds like Progress" thread in the International Politics section. The troop draw down has already begun ... exactly what is the point here? Doesn't Pelosi read the NYT? Granted the news is on page A19 ... but it's out there for all to see.

They had their chance to "lose the war" ... and they blew it.

She just wants the Dems to get the credit.
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
Did you folks read what Karl Rove had to say about Pelosi yesterday?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
John L Wrote:Did you folks read what Karl Rove had to say about Pelosi yesterday?

Yeah. I only wonder how Rove's piece wound up in Murdoch's paper. Like that's a no-brainer. :roll:

However, I just love this rebuttal from the Daily Kos.

Quote:Karl, Karl...Even if your assumptions are correct about Nancy Pelosi's house a mess. We have your Commander and Chief "the decision maker who makes decisions" dragging the GOP down the tubes along with his historically lowest ratings of any President. You can track them here Karl. As the matter of fact since you stepped down as his adviser, his free fall seems to have stabilized a bit. Never the less 25% of the Public today rate Bush as the worst US President ever. "Heck of a job Rovie!!" I guess this would make you the Worst President's ever Advisor for history to remember you. By now the myth that you were some sort of Genius has been deflated. We know your're a mouse!! (reference Lion and the Mouse).

Now back to your talking points and strategy. I seriously hope the GOP listens to you like they did back in 2006 (another historical moment for the country and your political strategy). Every Republican I know (and I know a bunch who took the right wing talking points "hook line and sinker" over the last two elections are pissed. They don't talk about Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid's current congressional approval ratings despite Fox Noise, The Wall Street Journal, and every other oligopolized talk radio pundits ranting every day on this subject. They talk about Bush, The Iraq War, Health Care and corruptions. Is Mr. Craig still in office? (Can't wait to deal with him and your congress Prostitue loving Vitter in the next elections)...

I know you still feel pretty special given that Ruppert Murdoch allowed you to run an opinion in the WSJ given that any canidate seen with you is considered toxic. I hope you post more opinions because every time you do we post them on our blogs and it simply reminds the Democrats and Independents (who are trending Democrat these days) how bad thing can get if Republicans were ever to gain control again. It keeps our blood boiling and keeps us motivated. We live for your columns to give us even more energy to slap some GOP ass in 2008.

I know it, you know it and everyone else knows it. Most political strategists behind closed doors will tell you the GOP is in trouble. They aren't raising money, they have many more seats to defend in the next election and despite the Congressional approval ratings being also historically low. The GOP trends lower than the Democrats on almost every poll I have seen. We may suck but you guys are "turd blossoms" in every poll I have seen. If you don't believe me check out Mitch McConnel's latest approval rating

Didn't the Governorship in his state just go to a Democrat? Wow a southern red state swinging left (see also Georgia)..but Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats are in trouble. (LOL!)

Thanks for the hard work Karl, can't wait to see the Democrats stick it to you in 2008 when we have a larger majority in Congress and a Democratic president. You better hope Waxman doesn't open up a can of hearings on you. Bush won't be around to pardon your traitorous ass!!(see Valerie Plame)

We won't forget how you betrayed our country for political gain..

How can you stand to look at yourself in the mirror every morning?
"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

All from the balanced mind of Mr. Kaos.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
Most of the conservative sites I've been on blame Rove for the fall of the Republicans. I have to agree.
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
scpg02 Wrote:Most of the conservative sites I've been on blame Rove for the fall of the Republicans. I have to agree.

I do not. Rove is merely an advisor. It is Bush's fault/responsibility. As the saying goes, "I have the most 'responsible' job here. Any time something goes wrong, I am Responsible."
One other point. Rush was exactly right some years ago when he stated that Rove and Bush were attempting to relegate the Jackasses to permanent second tier status, by making the S&Gs the prominent party above all else.

They were aparently so narrow minded in this that they forgot to recognize that it is principle/ideology that is the driving force for winning debates or majorities, not party affiliation. By failing to follow the winning formulae the S&Gs had set up as their plank, they acted in the name of larger government, higher spending, and hubris, to lead the party to defeat in 2006.

But the fault belongs to the leader. And that is unquestionably Junior himself.

I hope you are reading this little usage of language Pepe. Wink1
John L Wrote:One other point. Rush was exactly right some years ago when he stated that Rove and Bush were attempting to relegate the Jackasses to permanent second tier status, by making the S&Gs the prominent party above all else.

They were aparently so narrow minded in this that they forgot to recognize that it is principle/ideology that is the driving force for winning debates or majorities, not party affiliation. By failing to follow the winning formulae the S&Gs had set up as their plank, they acted in the name of larger government, higher spending, and hubris, to lead the party to defeat in 2006.

But the fault belongs to the leader. And that is unquestionably Junior himself.

I hope you are reading this little usage of language Pepe. Wink1

Exactly, and the reason I'm leaving the party after I vote for Ron Paul. If I wanted Democrat policies I would have voted for Democrats. This is exactly what they did to California politics as well totally ruining the party here all the while harping that conservatives can't win in CA. :evil:
Rove is one thing ... but how about what 'former' dems have to say?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
Yak,

I like her approach because it's honest. Most democrats want the USA to fail in this GWOT and to become subservient to Islam,with people like her running the house,it will become all too obvious and we can make our choices.

I think they want this outcome because they feel so guilty and think becoming slaves to Islam will expiate the sin of being a prosperous and free American.
Palladin Wrote:I like her approach because it's honest.

How the heck did you come up with that one Palladin? It would be an "honest approach" if we had seen it last spring. How much more transparent does the glass need to be to recognize this as window dressing?? And how wise is it to base your entire relevance ... your plenary reason for political existence on criticism and undermining of a lame duck President that won't even be in office in a little over a year???

Have these guys even figured that one out yet?? Shock
-- Henry Mencken
Yak,

They want to lose the war,what difference does it make whether we lose it in 2007 or 06 morally? We can still lose if our troops are precipitously withdrawn. Maybe not to al qaeda,but Iran will control southern Iraq and I count that a loss as well.
Palladin Wrote:They want to lose the war,what difference does it make whether we lose it in 2007 or 06 morally?

Plenty. The rabid base that they are beholden to expected them to "end the war". They've hemmed and and hawed and now that the tide appears to be turning, their odds of actually doing much are at a low ebb. They need to continue the ruse to keep the Koses et. al. happy ... or at least slightly less POed. Unfortunately for them they're not doing themselves much of a favor as positive progress keeps managing to eek out past the censors ... even in the NYT ... at this point their calculations tend to make them look like gits to all but the most fervent of the Bush-hating-quit-Iraq-at-all-costs not-so-silent minority wing of their loony a** party.

Bear in mind that these are the very same folks that are being invited to take complete control of our government next year ... and their prospects for success remain about 50-50 ... or slightly better. Shock
-- Henry Mencken
Zero for 40 ...

I think even Charlie Brown had a better "kick off" record ... :?
-- Henry Mencken
It just blows my mind that the Democrats are trying again. What is the point?
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
JT,

That's sort of difficult to figure. Maybe it's as simple as the democratic party wants to lose this war bad enough they can sit around and do nothing but think of voting against it.

Look at Harry Reid,that's the look of frustration if I ever saw it. Maybe all these votes are for 08 political hay,who knows? These people are just frustrated by the nation's unwillingness to choose the "we lose" option.
Palladin Wrote:Maybe all these votes are for 08 political hay,who knows?

Ah yes ... the 'hay' Congressional of dysfunction. :lol:

Quote: ... Secretary Robert Gates said this week that without the money now, drastic steps would have to be taken in anticipation of the shutdown, including plans to freeze contracts and to furlough about 100,000 government employees.

Per above, the best case scenario is that they will identify the greasiest pork available and throw it into the 'hay' fire and watch it sizzle for a while while Congress wrings it's hands.
-- Henry Mencken
The Jackasses are really trying to box themselves into a corner here on more than one issue. The war in Iraq and the immigration issue are two issues that greatly influence the majority of voters, are completely against the current Dim stance, and I suspect that unless the S&Gs take both "S" and "G" to new heights, they will easily able to outflank them in not only the presidential election, but the congressional ones as well.

The Jackasses are playing the part of perfect.............well, perfect Jackasses. :lol:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pelosi calls Iraq Surge a failure WmLambert 5 1,395 02-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Palladin