Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Animals Are Intelligent, Adapting to Humans
One of the things that the church of Environmentalism constantly tells us is that encroaching humans are constantly destroying the habitat of wild critters, and endangering their very existence.  In Knoxville, where I have lived for over twenty-five years, and even here in Raleigh, the population of beavers, which used to be very rare, can be seen in the streams and lakes in both places.  In the case of the red fox, they appear almost everwhere, and their favorite place is usually the many golf courses around the US.

And now there is this, other than the invasion of wolves, cayottes, deer and moose.  Welcome the wild turkey.  No longer do they just reside in Washington, but are branching out all over peopleville, USA.  Does this tell you something about people?  To me it tells me that where there are people, there is protection, food galore, even gardens, etc, etc.  Why wouldn't wild critters be attracted to we humans?

[Image: 1193143698_4754.jpg]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Doesn't surprise me. I've seen coyotes(close up) at a small lake/park near where I live. They come out late, late at night and have been clever enough to feed at the lake without being seen or driven off. And I live in suburban New Jersey!

Seems like the shameless scavengers and beggers are the animals who adapt best to human society, because they're willing to adopt submissive roles. The big grazers and predators almost always die out..
Anonymous24 Wrote:Doesn't surprise me. I've seen coyotes(close up) at a small lake/park near where I live. They come out late, late at night and have been clever enough to feed at the lake without being seen or driven off. And I live in suburban New Jersey!

Seems like the shameless scavengers and beggers are the animals who adapt best to human society, because they're willing to adopt submissive roles. The big grazers and predators almost always die out..

Tell that to all the moose, polar bear and brown bear, that have this habit of roaming throughout human settlements. I can tell you all about the moose, since I used to live outside Anghorage Alaska.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
I've always known that animals are not only smart, but many tend to be closer to we humans than we think.  Well, I came across this video about a special horse, "Jim Key".  Jim Key was special because his owner/trainer realized this and it eventually led to Jim Key's stardom at the beginning of the 19th-20th century.

Oh, and let's not forget the power of KindnessS22

The Smartest Horse That Ever Lived - A True Story

And here's some more about this wonderfully brilliant horse. 

Beautiful Jim Key - the world's smartest horse
H. L. Mencken
So now we have the answrer: Cats or Dogs? Who are the smartest? Horses! S1
(11-22-2019, 04:22 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: So now we have the answrer: Cats or Dogs? Who are the smartest? Horses! S1

Here, check out these Youtube videos: Smartest Animals in the World
H. L. Mencken

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where humans go, animals vanish quadrat 17 3,714 05-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Last Post: scpg02