Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jews Again The Latest Scapegoat!
Scapegoating the Jew has again become so "in vogue" amonst the world elite, and malcontent, that it is starting to take on a world wide mantra once more.  Victor Davis Hansen brings us this piece of well directed accusation against such hatred and hyprocisy.

Quote:Looking for Scapegoat, World Again Turns to Jews
Antisemitism never dies.

By Victor Davis Hanson

Who recently said: “These Jews started 19 Crusades. The 19th was World War (1). Why? Only to build Israel.”

Some holdover Nazi?

Hardly. It was former Prime Minister Necmettin Erbakan of Turkey, a NATO ally. He went on to claim that the Jews — whom he refers to as “bacteria” — controlled China, India, and Japan, and ran the United States.

Who alleged: “The Arabs who were involved in 9/11 cooperated with the Zionists, actually. It was a cooperation. They gave them the perfect excuse to denounce all Arabs.”

A conspiracy nut?

Actually, it was former Democratic U.S. Sen. James Abourezk of South Dakota. He denounced Israel on a Hezbollah-owned television station, adding: “I marveled at the Hezbollah resistance to Israel. . . . It was a marvel of organization, of courage and bravery.”

And finally, who claimed at a United Nations-sponsored conference that democratic Israel was “much worse” than the former apartheid South Africa, and that it “undermines the international community’s reaction to global warming”?

A radical environmentalist wacko?

Again, no. It was Clare Short, a member of the British parliament. She was a secretary for international development under Prime Minister Tony Blair.

A new virulent strain of the old anti-Semitism is spreading worldwide. This hate — of a magnitude not seen in over 70 years — is not just espoused by Iran’s loony president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, or radical jihadists.

The latest anti-Semitism is also now mouthed by world leaders and sophisticated politicians and academics. Their loathing often masquerades as “anti-Zionism” or “legitimate” criticism of Israel. But the venom exclusively reserved for the Jewish state betrays their existential hatred.

Israel is always lambasted for entering homes in the West Bank to look for Hamas terrorists and using too much force. But last week the world snoozed when the Lebanese army bombarded and then crushed the Nahr al-Bared refugee camp, which harbored Islamic terrorists.

The world has long objected to Jewish settlers buying up land in the West Bank. Yet Hezbollah, flush with Iranian money, is now purchasing large tracts in southern Lebanon for military purposes and purging them of non-Shiites.

Here at home, “neoconservative” has become synonymous with a supposed Jewish cabal of Washington insiders who hijacked U.S. policy to take us to war for Israel’s interest. That our state department is at the mercy of a Jewish lobby is the theme of a recent high-profile book by professors at Harvard University and the University of Chicago.

Yet when the United States bombed European and Christian Serbia to help Balkan Muslims, few critics alleged that American Muslims had unduly swayed President Clinton. And such charges of improper ethnic influence are rarely leveled to explain the billions in American aid given to non-democratic Egypt, Jordan, or the Palestinians — or the Saudi oil money that pours into American universities.

The world likewise displays such a double standard. It seems to care little about the principle of so-called occupied land — whether in Cyprus or Tibet — unless Israel is the accused. Mass murdering in Cambodia, the Congo, Rwanda, and Darfur has earned far fewer United Nations’ resolutions of condemnation than supposed atrocities committed by Israel. A number of British academics are sponsoring a boycott of Israeli scholars but leave alone those from autocratic Iran, China, and Cuba.

There are various explanations for the new anti-Semitism. For many abroad, attacking Jews and Israel is an indirect way of damning its main ally, the United States — by implying that Americans are not entirely evil, just hoodwinked by those sneaky and far more evil Jews.

At home, there are obvious pragmatic considerations. Some Americans may find it makes more sense to damn a few million Israelis without oil than it does to offend Israel’s adversaries in the Middle East, who number in the hundreds of millions and control nearly half the world’s petroleum reserves.

Cowardice explains a lot. Libeling Israel won’t earn someone a fatwa or a death sentence in the manner comparable criticism of Islam might. There are no Jewish suicide bombers in London, Madrid, or Bali.

This new face of anti-Semitism is so insidious because it is so well disguised, advanced by self-proclaimed diplomats and academics — and now embraced by the supposedly sophisticated left on university campuses.

When national, collective or personal aspirations are not met, it is far easier to blame someone or something rather than to look within for the source of the failure and frustration. More recently, someone must be blamed for getting terrorists (with oil and its profits behind them) mad at us.

That someone is — no surprise — once again Jews.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hillary Clinton Is Like Herpes, "She Wont Go Away" - Anna Paulina
Time for the JDL to swing into action?

I think this has been discussed at some length on another thread, but I am always baffled by the Jews as a near universal scapegoat through history. That is, what perpetuates this? In the US, there is much Jewish hand ringing about the number of their children who marry outside the faith or drop the religion altogether. Is it because there is little anti Jewish sentiment in the US?
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
Uh,yea. It will get worse,stand by. My prayer is that there is enough "light" in the hearts of enough Americans that we eschew the coming anti semitism wave and in fact remain steadfast as allied to the Jews of Israel.

Israeli Jews are fixing to get another bigtime challenge in the next decade or less and I think they will have the harshest time since the holocaust myself.

It just seems to me a combination of intensified evil and intensified Jewish subjectivity is crossing paths once again.
Currently, the long term prognosis for Israel is not good, is it.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
jt Wrote:Currently, the long term prognosis for Israel is not good, is it.

Jews are used to hardship, and persecution. They will get throught it as well. Even if Iran pops off a couple of nukes on their soil, they will retaliate fiercely, pick up the pieces and continue marching on.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
jt Wrote:Currently, the long term prognosis for Israel is not good, is it.
------------
Well, let us hope it is a little better than that. Israel has shown historically that it can defend itself. Of course, much depends on what happen within Israel and if the country can navigate carefully between peace doves and war hawks.

/track_snake
Happy Ramadan to you Semites here and in the Kibbutzes all over the world! How do you celebrate it, kosher Halal-food after sunset?
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
If Israel were reliant on manpower like all other normal states,the prognosis would be beyond awful. They aren't having kids,either. It has to occur to some people even those w/o faith that something weird is ongoing.

You have roughly 4.5 million Jews surrounded by over 300 million Arabs,almost all Muslims. We all know the hostility between the 2 people,it's ancient.

How is Israel there? I had a guy tell me it was all those US F-16s. Yea,like Saudi Arabia's and Egypt's don't fly the same way and like there's that much difference between them and a Russian SU that Iraq and Syria always had to make up for the population disparity.

Israel couldn't exist under any normal measuring stick of how a state survives among hostiles. Only,Israel isn't normal. Consider Scriptural promises to understand why Israel survives again and will continue to forevermore.
Q: It's Rosh Hashanah actually.

Shana Tova, everyone.
Palladin Wrote:If Israel were reliant on manpower like all other normal states,the prognosis would be beyond awful.
Israel couldn't exist under any normal measuring stick of how a state survives among hostiles. Only,Israel isn't normal. Consider Scriptural promises to understand why Israel survives again and will continue to forevermore.

Israel is reliant on the quality and motivation of the people; in practical terms this always means the quality and motivation of the leaders. With Olmert et al at the helm, the prognosis looks rather poor.

As for the Scripture: it is full of stories of collective punishment brought by incompetent leadership....
Sodomia delenda est

Quote:Israel is reliant on the quality and motivation of the people; in practical terms this always means the quality and motivation of the leaders.

And I guess this also applies to Bush and America *shudders*
Anonymous24 Wrote:
Quote:Israel is reliant on the quality and motivation of the people; in practical terms this always means the quality and motivation of the leaders.

And I guess this also applies to Bush and America *shudders*

Fortunately, to a lesser degree: America has a sufficient body mass to take blows and survive, Junior non-withstanding. (I'm not arguing that he has been very damaging, but it may not be fatal yet.)
Sodomia delenda est

Is there net immigration to or emigration from Israel these days? Does anyone know?
jt Wrote:Is there net immigration to or emigration from Israel these days? Does anyone know?

Not sure. the last one was all those Ethopian Jews a few years back.
Pixiest
Quote:Rosh Hashanah
never heard about it before. Thanks. What a coincidence that the highest Jewish and Muslim holidays sound as if they went back to the same term, and happen to be at the same time of the year. I don't really get it, what do you Jewish and Muslim semites have to quarrel all the time? I liked this part looking up Rosh Hashanah,
Quote:Rosh Hashanah is the new year for people, animals, and legal contracts.
A holiday for legal contracts, mmh. It's important not to miss the payday, indeed.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
MV,

There is no explanation for Israel's existence using normal measuring sticks. Alexander the great whipped Darius at a 1-2 numerical weakness,but not a 1 -90 weakness. Relying on quality of the people when they're that outnumbered won't work.

The Spartan 300 were as good as it gets,but they all died in a couple of days after all.

I know about what God punishes His people for and leadership falls and stands with the spiritual lives of the citizenry. Hezekiah wasn't much of a leader(about like George Bush in fact) and the Assyrian Army died outside Jerusalem to a man and Sennacharib's sons mudered him days later. Sort of worked out for the Jews there.

Wasn't cause Hezekiah was all that either and it wasn't because the vastly outnumbered Jews were super men.

JT,

I think the Russian Jews were the latest immigrants,not the Ethiopian Jews(whose traditions can be traced to Solomon's days incidentally). Whether it is net in or out I don't know,Israel is always in a tenuous situation population wise and right now they are suffering a severe draft dodging dilemma,one more piece of anecdotal evidence(along with their putrid performance in Lebanon recently) indicating to me Israel is going to get the snot knocked out of her in the near future.

She will survive at great cost.
Palladin Wrote:MV,

There is no explanation for Israel's existence using normal measuring sticks. Alexander the great whipped Darius at a 1-2 numerical weakness,but not a 1 -90 weakness. Relying on quality of the people when they're that outnumbered won't work.

The Spartan 300 were as good as it gets,but they all died in a couple of days after all.

I know about what God punishes His people for and leadership falls and stands with the spiritual lives of the citizenry. Hezekiah wasn't much of a leader(about like George Bush in fact) and the Assyrian Army died outside Jerusalem to a man and Sennacharib's sons mudered him days later. Sort of worked out for the Jews there.

Wasn't cause Hezekiah was all that either and it wasn't because the vastly outnumbered Jews were super men.

Two things here Patrick: one of them on subject and the other off.

First, there is more to the Jews being successful. They are highly organized and almost always work together. The Arabs are highly fragmented, and it looks as though they will remain that way. So don't look for them to be such a danger in the near future. The Iranians,....that may be different, as long as the current theocrasy is in charge.

Second, the greatest military feat was not the 'so called' 300, which was really over 3,000, including other Greeks. The greatest military feat in history was the true story of the March of the Ten Thousand, which is accounted in Xenophon's Anabasis(The March UpCountry. You can read the actual account right here. It makes the Choson Reservior account look like small potatoes. They were caught in a true impossible situation, and came out winners, and at leat four out of five survived the odeal. It was an amazing accomplishment.
Quote:There is no explanation for Israel's existence using normal measuring sticks.

Except for superior technology, financing, and organization. Not like those things mean anything, right? (sarcasm) S6
John,

Was that Marathon's battle?

Anon,

Superior financing&technology my as.s. Egypt alone has more USA equipment and GDP than little Israel,forget everyone else and right there you have a 20-1 population disparity.
Egypt has the same F-16s and M-1 tanks , as does Saudi Arabia and gets the same financial bribes from us. Now,we're down to "organization".

Organization overcomes 100-1 odds,good to know. Irrational think at it's apotheoisis.
Palladin Wrote:John,

Was that Marathon's battle?

Anon,

Superior financing&technology my as.s. Egypt alone has more USA equipment and GDP than little Israel,forget everyone else and right there you have a 20-1 population disparity.
Egypt has the same F-16s and M-1 tanks , as does Saudi Arabia and gets the same financial bribes from us. Now,we're down to "organization".

Organization overcomes 100-1 odds,good to know. Irrational think at it's apotheoisis.

No. Like the Battle of Rorke's Drift, or the Choson Resevor, it played little part strategically, like that of Midway, or Marathon. Yet, the combination of human spirit, leadership, endurance, luck and sheer human detemination made it a campaign that is studied by military experts and written of, about, and rendered into almost every venue of fiction you can imagine possible.

Victor Davis Hanson described it best in his introduction of Carnage and Culture. If you go to Amazon site for the book, and click on the book at the top left, you can read the introduction to the book. There he talks about this astounding feat of why Western Civilization is so adapt at winning militarily. BTY, if you get a chance, I recommend the book as a great read, that will change your look on warfare and Western Civilization, and why it has been so unstoppable throughout history.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jews Are Again Being Blamed For The Latest Egyptian Attack John L 5 1,416 07-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Palladin