Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam: The 'So Called' Religion of Peace And..............
Some unexpected frankness here.

The fellah is refreshingly non-PC....I wonder if he still views the Buddhists as the main enemy...

Quote:Pope Benedict XVI today refused to declare Islam a religion of peace.

Asked by journalists whether Islam could be considered a religion of peace shortly before entering the church of Introd for a meeting with priests and deacons of Valle d'Aosta, the region of northwest Italy where he is spending a brief holiday, the pontiff refused reply positively.

"I would not like to use big words to apply generic labels," he replied. "It certainly contains elements that can favor peace, it also has other elements: we must always seek the best elements."

On Sunday he asked God to stop the terrorists.

"Even these days of serenity and repose have been disrupted by the tragic news of the execrable terrorist attacks which have brought death, destruction and suffering to various countries such as Egypt, Turkey, Iraq and Great Britain," he said. "As we entrust to divine goodness the dead and injured and their loved ones, victims of gestures that offend both God and man, we call on the Almighty to block the murderous hand of those who, driven by fanaticism and hatred, committed these acts, and we ask that He convert their hearts to thoughts of reconciliation and peace."

He ordered on Muslims to embrace peace.

"Renounce the way of violence which causes so much suffering to civilian populations, and instead to embrace the way of peace," he said in a statement issued through Vatican Cardinal Secretary of State Angelo Sodano, in response the terrorists attacks at the popular Red Sea resort of Sharm al-Sheikh in Egypt.

But critics claim that during the Catholic terror campaign unleashed by the IRA on London for decades, the then Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger never condemned the atrocities.

They claim that the Pope's comments are meant at fuelling anti-Islamic sentiments around the world, and will also serve to shift focus away from the child sex scandal he is involved in.

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, who is intolerant of all other religions, issued a document claiming that "only in the Catholic Church is there eternal salvation."

He is opposed to Turkey joining the EU because the Muslim-dominated secular state had always been "in permanent contrast to Europe", and he urged the Turks to seek an alliance with other Islamic nations.

In 1987, Cardinal Ratzinger had stated that Jewish history and scripture reach fulfillment only in Christ, a statement that greatly offended Jews.
In March 1997 Cardinal Ratzinger predicted that Buddhism would over the coming century replace Marxism as the main "enemy" of the Catholic Church.
[s][/s]
Sodomia delenda est

mv Wrote:In March 1997 Cardinal Ratzinger predicted that Buddhism would over the coming century replace Marxism as the main "enemy" of the Catholic Church.

I think that he and Billy Graham must have had a talk at one time or another. Graham has for years been a big believer that the New Age Movement is just another form of pagen religion, and was a danger. And in the US, Buddhism is also part of the New Age Movement.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

See http://www.ai-jane.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2089
Why must the catholic church always have an enemy? They should relax. Especially Benedict, I mean, the guy condemned The Eagles as Satanic. The Eagles.
StereoMike Wrote:Why must the catholic church always have an enemy? They should relax. Especially Benedict, I mean, the guy condemned The Eagles as Satanic. The Eagles.

That is news to me Mike. Where did you get that from?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Old episode of the Daily Show. He also condemned a bunch of other bands that actually were Satanic. Like Black Sabbath. I AM THE IRON MAN!
StereoMike Wrote:Old episode of the Daily Show. He also condemned a bunch of other bands that actually were Satanic. Like Black Sabbath. I AM THE IRON MAN!

Mike, The Daily Show is a comedy routine. Are you certain that the Pope is actually doing what you are asserting here? Or are the producers there merely making for satire?

The part of Black Sabbath is understandable, but remember that Black Sabbath has been disbanded for over a generation or so.

The part about the eagles was true. IT wasn't part of the joke. The joke was:

"In response, Satan issued this: 'The Eagles? Do I look like that much of a pussy to you?"

I believe it's true because pre-papacy, this guys job was condemning stuff.
I think what disturbs me more is the number of young people who admit that The Daily Show is one of their primary sources of information.

Stunning... :o
"Most people just want tomorrow to look pretty much like today." - Terry Pratchett
They make fun of things that happen. Benedict didn't like the eagles. They made fun of that.
StereoMike Wrote:They make fun of things that happen. Benedict didn't like the eagles. They made fun of that.

This is true....how? Be neat to see a list of what he likes and doesn't like.

Too many kids got their political ideas and leanings from the Daily Show and other like junk in 2004. It was pretty silly.
StereoMike Wrote:They make fun of things that happen. Benedict didn't like the eagles. They made fun of that.

Its the notion that satire is a serious alternative to hard news. Especially if the satire is driven by an agenda.
"Most people just want tomorrow to look pretty much like today." - Terry Pratchett
It looks like that the esteemed tradition of "Honour Killing" is alive and well in the world of Islam. Of course, this one is in Europe, where it is much easier to see. Where is the history of civilization here?

Quote:SAMAIRA NAZIR WAS stabbed by her brother 18 times.

ON June 27, 2006, the two murderers of a 19-year-old honour killing victim, Ghazala Khan, were sentenced to life in prison by a Danish court. On September 23, 2005, Ghazala Khan, a Danish Pakistani, was gunned down by her own brother at a suburban Danish railway station Her crime was marrying a man of her own choice. Her husband Emal Khan survived the attack despite being shot in the abdomen. Seven other people, including an aunt and cousins, were convicted of being accessories to the murder. Perveen Khan, Ghazala's paternal aunt who had maintained contact with the couple and acted as the family's informant about the couple's whereabouts, cajoled and wheedled a reluctant Ghazala to meet her father and brother at the station for a supposed reconciliation. Following Ghazala's murder, her father Ghulam Abbass, the owner of a taxi service and reputed to be one of the wealthiest members of the Danish-Pakistani community, continued trying to kill Emal Khan, even while he was recovering in hospital.

Ghazala Khan is hardly alone in her tragic and untimely end. On July 14, 2006, the killers of 25-year-old Samaira Nazir, a British Pakistani girl, were sentenced to life in prison. In a story unparalleled in the grotesque cruelty of its execution, Samaira, who had defied her family by marrying an Afghan immigrant, was held down by her mother while her brother stabbed her more than 18 times. Her two nieces, aged two and four, were made to watch as their young rebellious aunt was given the treatment deserved by girls who defy the will of their family. When the police arrived at the behest of a neighbour who heard Samaira's screams, they found her bloodied body in the hallway of her home. A silk scarf had been tied tightly around her neck and her throat sliced three times. The two nieces, their clothes spattered with blood, watched as their aunt's body was carried away to the morgue.

Despite the alarming details of both cases, little has emerged in terms of condemnation by the European Muslim community. The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), the leading representative organisation of the Muslim community in Britain, has yet to denounce the killing. In the single statement on honour killings available on the group's website, the MCB asserts that the problem is found only "in a very small section" of the British Muslim community. Furthermore, the statement defensively asserts, that "such killings are not restricted to Muslim families but occur also in Sikh and Christian families".

In a position paper that follows the statement, the MCB continues its defensive rhetoric by reiterating the fact that the worst forms of punishment for women who bring dishonour to their families "affect only a small percentage of women" and that "women from other faith groups may be subject to similar attitudes from within their communities". The remainder of the report treads the delicate line between asserting the validity of Koranic injunctions that regard all extra-marital sexual relations as sinful while also condemning honour killings that are often avowedly perpetrated by family members to punish women who stand accused of just such sexual relations. While the MCB's position paper urges Muslim leaders to "take an unequivocal stance against behaviour that is direct violation of Islam", it seems that no MCB leader actually considers such advice worthy of notice. "Unwillingness to deal with the issue," the MCB asserts "is the result of an inherent distrust of perceived `Western' attempts to malign Islam in the interest of global politics."

They should NOT be allowed to live in non Muslim states,period.

Then,we wouldn't have these problems and they wouldn't have to allow their societies to act like neanderthals because WE see them as neanderthals.
Palladin Wrote:They should NOT be allowed to live in non Muslim states,period.

Then,we wouldn't have these problems and they wouldn't have to allow their societies to act like neanderthals because WE see them as neanderthals.

I resemble that remark Patrick. As an anthropologist, I have never had Neandertals associated with mass murder.

J,

You're right,I now feel guilty like the guy in the insurance commercial who berated "cavemen" only to find there were some,so he had to apologize.
An interesting article to comtemplate before demonising the 1.2 billion followers of this world religion:
http://jcgi.pathfinder.com/time/magazine...07,00.html
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
Finally, an article that describes Islam as it was thought to me by my parents and Turkish Education System.

Thank you Stroll for the link.
Some excerpts from the article
Quote:When the Prophet Muhammad brought the inspired scripture known as the Koran to the Arabs in the early 7th century A.D., a major part of his mission was devoted precisely to bringing an end to the kind of mass slaughter we witnessed in New York City and Washington. Pre-Islamic Arabia was caught up in a vicious cycle of warfare, in which tribe fought tribe in a pattern of vendetta and countervendetta. Muhammad himself survived several assassination attempts, and the early Muslim community narrowly escaped extermination by the powerful city of Mecca. The Prophet had to fight a deadly war in order to survive, but as soon as he felt his people were probably safe, he devoted his attention to building up a peaceful coalition of tribes and achieved victory by an ingenious and inspiring campaign of nonviolence. When he died in 632, he had almost single-handedly brought peace to war-torn Arabia.

........some of the Koranic injunctions seem to share this spirit. Muslims are ordered by God to "slay [enemies] wherever you find them!" (4: 89). Extremists such as Osama bin Laden like to quote such verses but do so selectively. They do not include the exhortations to peace, which in almost every case follow these more ferocious passages: "Thus, if they let you be, and do not make war on you, and offer you peace, God does not allow you to harm them" (4: 90).

In the Koran, therefore, the only permissible war is one of self-defense. Muslims may not begin hostilities (2: 190). Warfare is always "disgusting", but sometimes you have to fight in order to avoid the kind of persecution that Mecca inflicted on the Muslims (2: 191; 2: 217) or to preserve decent values (4: 75; 22: 40). The Koran quotes the Torah, the Jewish scriptures, which permits people to retaliate eye for eye, tooth for tooth, but like the Gospels, the Koran suggests that it is meritorious to forgo revenge in a spirit of charity (5: 45). Hostilities must be brought to an end as quickly as possible and must cease the minute the enemy sues for peace (2: 192-3).

Islam did not impose itself by the sword. In a statement in which the Arabic is extremely emphatic, the Koran insists, "There must be no coercion in matters of faith!" (2: 256). Constantly Muslims are enjoined to respect Jews and Christians, the "People of the Book," who worship the same God (29: 46). In words quoted by Muhammad in one of his last public sermons, God tells all human beings, "O people! We have formed you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another" (49: 13)--not to conquer, convert, subjugate, revile or slaughter but to reach out toward others with intelligence and understanding.

It would be as grave a mistake to see Osama bin Laden as an authentic representative of Islam as to consider James Kopp, the alleged killer of an abortion provider in Buffalo, N.Y., a typical Christian or Baruch Goldstein, who shot 29 worshipers in the Hebron mosque in 1994 and died in the attack, a true martyr of Israel. The vast majority of Muslims, who are horrified by the atrocity of Sept. 11, must reclaim their faith from those who have so violently hijacked it
Quote:hus, if they let you be, and do not make war on you, and offer you peace, God does not allow you to harm them

Ofcourse part of letting them be is letting them convert the world. If people do not convert then use violence.

Quote:The vast majority of Muslims, who are horrified by the atrocity of Sept. 11, must reclaim their faith from those who have so violently hijacked it.

I've never seen muslims condem terrorists without another context. Statements like "I oppose all violence", are often heard from them meaning they equate terrorists with those defending themselves from terrorists. Watch Obsession, you'll see the double talk from many muslims.
Independents4Bush
Quote:The vast majority of Muslims, who are horrified by the atrocity of Sept. 11, must reclaim their faith from those who have so violently hijacked it.

Quote:I've never seen muslims condem terrorists without another context. Statements like "I oppose all violence", are often heard from them meaning they equate terrorists with those defending themselves from terrorists. Watch Obsession, you'll see the double talk from many muslims.
Independents4Bush, which Moslem Media you read or listened to after the 9/11 tragedy to decide that they did not condemn the attack?

The reason I'm asking this question is, when I was reading Turkish News and listening to the broadcasts after the attack, I noticed that they were condemning the act as strong as any Western Media.
Did you read any Turkish Newspapers after that attack?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Islam is the better Religion quadrat 13 1,995 11-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Ron Lambert
  Proof that Islam is the correct religion Kamil 4 1,293 12-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Palladin
  Islam: A False Religion John L 10 2,462 10-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Last Post: John L
  Buddhism, the religion of wisdom and peace? quadrat 13 3,696 02-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Last Post: John L