Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China's Unmarried Men
China's unmarried men

This is the first time I've ever really seen this issue in public like this, or I must have been living in a cave the last few months. :?

Societal pressures are building.
Gunnen4u Wrote:I must have been living in a cave the last few months. :?

hmmm...yes.

This has been mentioned on the forum several times.

And I think I've seen a 100mil excess men estimate too....this will make one hell of a dont-ask-dont-tell army. Wink1
Sodomia delenda est

Mail order bride anyone? Wink1

I wonder what the percentage of female Russians, living in Siberia, are over the males? Perhaps Green can give us a 'head's up' on the issue.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
I don't have the article,but India's government is openly campaigning for potential mothers of females to have the kid and GIVE it to the nation instead of abortion.
If the official figures are to be believed, it's not a huge national problem just yet:
"An official estimate says that, by 2020, there may be 30 million men of marriageable age who will not be able to find a wife."

But when 80% of the kids in kindergarten are male, it's an obvious problem that needs to be fixed. The story about Hainan was interesting - you would have thought the men would migrate to the big cities, but that's the southernmost part of China, and maybe they don't like the cold. I'm definitely in the tropics (99 yesterday!), and parts of Hainan are closer to the equator.

We can blame the centralized government for making an enforcing a policy which already is eliminating the relationship of aunts, uncles, and cousins. We can blame 'patriarchy' for making females less valuable than males. We can blame the .....moonbat right wing loonies, perhaps. But, not the prolific Amish! :lol: Or, gays who have lots of children! S2
I'm often wrong. But I'm not always wrong!
They'll solve the problem through promiscuity. The average Chinese woman has about 15-20 sexual partners, I remember reading in a poll somewhere.
Anonymous24 Wrote:They'll solve the problem through promiscuity. The average Chinese woman has about 15-20 sexual partners, I remember reading in a poll somewhere.

Like most societies, that practice infanticide, they will most likely solve this problem through agression, violence, and most likely expansionist tendencies outside their borders. All those sexually dissatisfied males have to be kept busy doing things other than overthrowing the present leadership.

Whether you know it or not, it is in our genes to strive for a mate, not just some sexual partner. Have you any idea as to what this is doing to the family structure in PRC because of this disparency in the sexes? There are many anthropological books out there about kinship and marriage, and how this relates to society. what is happening in China is the greatest act of Unintended Consequences that the leadership has imposed on the country in a long, long time. And the true effects are not even beginning to be felt yet. Just keep an eye on them and watch the upcoming turmoil as it reaches the boiling point. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Well, just to clarify what you said, you're saying that its more than sex - Chinese men need a woman to call their own, marry, etc. So even if they're getting laid, they're not satisfied if they can't have a woman exclusively to themselves. Is that what you're saying?

If so, I agree with you, to an extent. I disagree that the end result will be war. That is true for Mideastern cultures, but not Asian ones. Historically, Asian cultures tend to be more peaceful(cept for Japan, but even WWII was an abberation in their history). I think what you're really going to see is a mass exodus of Chinese men immigrating to other countries - primarily, you guessed it, the United States.
Anonymous24 Wrote:Well, just to clarify what you said, you're saying that its more than sex - Chinese men need a woman to call their own, marry, etc. So even if they're getting laid, they're not satisfied if they can't have a woman exclusively to themselves. Is that what you're saying?

Yes, but not quite as crudely. Wink1
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
John's point is an important one.

There is the issue of the continuation of the family. The preference for a male offspring is one part of it, but the other part is that this offspring should eventually marry.... (and the two parts of one process are in conflict).
Sodomia delenda est

In truth, the inherit desire, or better yet "need", to pass one's genes to the next generation, entails not just the production of offspring, but the insurance that these offspring will become adults, and themselves pass along their successful genes. This is built into our genetic makup.

Now, with humans, the establishment of a marrage is the ultimate relationship, that accomplished this. And there is more than just the husband/wife relationship that is important here. There is the treaty between two familial units, or tribes, which guarantee the increase of odds that this will be successful. Marriage is an institution that we disregard at out peril. And further, it requires two people(male and female) to consumate this relationship. This is why today's tendency of not marrying is a huge mistake anthropologically. We cannot change our genetic makeup, short of gene manipulation, and we are quite far from being able to change, much less find, the necessary genes to make such changes.

the point is that China has created a terrible "law of unintended consequences" scenerio, in which the entire society will be in danger of destructing, unless it is able to find an equitable "out".
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Sadly, John, the only "out" is outside their borders. (gulp).
It is a given and truly scares the doo doo out of me.

Whoever above that talked about emmigration...cannot do math.
...especially emmigration to the US. How many American young women are going to marry (co-habit) ...voluntarily...with immigrants of whatever persuasion?
Ken
Quote:How many American young women are going to marry (co-habit) ...voluntarily...with immigrants of whatever persuasion?

I'd imagine more than you think. East Asians in particular are known for being able to integrate well into foreign societies - Asian Americans, on average, make more money than white Americans do!

They could also immigrate to Russia, where there are lots of women but less and less men(for some reason the Soviet Union curtailed the ratio).
Anonymous24 Wrote:They could also immigrate to Russia, where there are lots of women but less and less men(for some reason the Soviet Union curtailed the ratio).

Sov Union never curtailed the ratio, this was caused by other factors.

For instance, heavily drinking males are more likely to die because of a disease or an accident.
Sodomia delenda est

Only a matter of time: China's Massive Female Abortions Tied to Violent Crime by Unmarried Males. Definitely a lot of sexually frustrated males over there. S5
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
John, let's bring back this thread in another 7 more years and we will see what will be the situation then...

Every decade it's worsening. But that's the price they have to pay to avoid dangerous overpopulation. And I think they did well. Less females means also less children.

I don't care if they have more violent crimes. Though punishment, preferably capital punishment should keep it under control. Still better than one hundred million more poeple without resource and doing all kinds of rebelions.
If these poeple are not able to autoregulate their breeding rate, it's their fault.

Retarded mentality made it. Not the one-child policy.

Aborting a girl in order to have a son at all costs while they perfectly know that it will be very difficult and expensive for him to find a whife is a perfect exemple of traditional moronism.

They wanted a son to preserve the honor and lineage of the family-tribe. Now their only son is a drug addict and a criminal.
Fred, if this forum is still around then, all one has to do is just do a search for it, and Voila!

And the parents weren't thinking of the strategic consequences of female infanticide. To them they just had to have a son, and the just knew that they would have a 'leg up' on all the others who didn't murder their little girl. Unfortunately................................................................
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Stratfor does not seem to think the unmarried men will be much of a problem. Have they commented on this?
Did, briefly, few years ago, but the subject indeed is not very interesting.

There 100 million extra young men are actually an asset that will come handy when China starts managing Sodomia.
Sodomia delenda est

I have heard the theory that female infanticide, and too few women, is a biological scheme to raise the testosterone of Chinese men. When women are rare, only the most aggressive men will secure a wife and get to have kids. In a generation, the testosterone level of Chinese men will be noticeably higher.

Same thing is happening in India. Mind you, the policymakers didn't sit down to figure this out, its just an inevitable byproduct of female infanticide and both societies being very patriarchal. Its built into patriarchal cultures; ancient Athens also practiced female infanticide, and they were highly aggressive and ruled Greece for a time.