Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confronting the Wahhabis
http//www.tcsdaily.com

Go here and find it,I can't figure out how to post URLs without screwing everyone up.
I'm even worse at cutting and pasting URL's, but maybe this is a link to the article over there:

http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=121906A

Interesting article. If accurate, it points out that Saudi Arabia is not composed entirely of leaders who have swallowed the Wahabbi sect's extremism whole.
I'm often wrong. But I'm not always wrong!
I guess that this means the Balkins will be sprucing up their mosques soon? Perhaps more attractive, along the Turkish lines, once again?

Here is the part I liked best.

Quote: In the ensuing affray, two local Muslims allegedly replaced "the weapons of criticism" with "the criticism of weapons," and the Wahhabis were met with gunfire.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
John,

You know how this goes though. the Reds whipped the whites in Russia,the bolsheviks ruled the mensheviks.

When a group has a minority within in that is truly fanatic,the fanatics will rule. Islam is not going to reform or become less aggressive. I wish it was.

In this example,the good guys took matters into their own hands,but the good guys will not be willing to go cut the bad guys daughter's heart out and eat it in front of a shopping mall,the bad guy WILL do that. So,the bad will rule. Anbar ,Iraq is a perfect example. The non wahabbis hate what is happening,but when we leave the wahbbis will run every nook and cranny of Anbar.
Palladin Wrote:John,

You know how this goes though. the Reds whipped the whites in Russia,the bolsheviks ruled the mensheviks.

When a group has a minority within in that is truly fanatic,the fanatics will rule. Islam is not going to reform or become less aggressive. I wish it was.

In this example,the good guys took matters into their own hands,but the good guys will not be willing to go cut the bad guys daughter's heart out and eat it in front of a shopping mall,the bad guy WILL do that. So,the bad will rule. Anbar ,Iraq is a perfect example. The non wahabbis hate what is happening,but when we leave the wahbbis will run every nook and cranny of Anbar.

Sorry, don't agree with you. you may be correct up front, but eventually, the kooks are either killed, replaced, or they die of old age, only to be replaced with more pragmatic individuals. You need to look out beyond your "fill in the blank". Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
I wish you were right,but where in history can you show us human moderation has over ruled human fanaticism along these lines? Did the less anti semitic Germans rule or the more? Bolsheviks or Mensheviks?

I realize with extreme good local intell like saddam had you can control these hyenas,but that is absent in Anbar and most localities. In Islam,it is a wave of extremism and I don't think it's near the peak yet.
Palladin Wrote:I wish you were right,but where in history can you show us human moderation has over ruled human fanaticism along these lines? Did the less anti semitic Germans rule or the more? Bolsheviks or Mensheviks?

I realize with extreme good local intell like saddam had you can control these hyenas,but that is absent in Anbar and most localities. In Islam,it is a wave of extremism and I don't think it's near the peak yet.

They are all over the place. Christianity, and the zeal that was used as a means of conquest, are legion. But such things do not last. The zeal wears thin, and the nuts are eventually replaced with more clear headed people. You should know better Patrick.

You are allowing your own zeal to overload your thinking here. Wink1
H. L. Mencken
There is a man, Amil Imani, who believes that places like IRan will implode on their own. He is an Iranian born American in exile and he thinks that the Mullahcracy will fail without a shot being fired. He has some interesitng things to say. i cant speak with enough authority to say i believe him, but he may have a point. We assume from the events in Iraq that Muslims LIKE being treated like cattle. Perhaps this isnt so...

However, how much hope can we store for a people who are only allowed to vote for men selected by the Mullahs?

And Shiite IRan is only one example. What are we to do if Musharrif falls in Pakistan? What choice do we have but let slip the dogs of war when a country controls an extremely large and advanced nuclear arsenal?

Freedom is one thing, the survival of humankind is entirely another.
John,

I don't see history recording the nuts not ruling. Communism,Hitler just in the last century,so many millions of dead it is beyond our imagination. Baghdad is beyond our imagination,John. Yea,I guess Russki got tired of Stalin's ways for a while,but as you point out,they seem to be gravitating back after the short respite.
Palladin Wrote:John,

Yea,I guess Russki got tired of Stalin's ways for a while,but as you point out,they seem to be gravitating back after the short respite.

Follow the money, Palladin.
G,

Pretty much is state theft and in Russia they don't even try and cover it up via taxation. If that's what Russki support,so be it. I wouldn't invest in Russia myself,but there are lots of states I wouldn't invest in as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Macedonia and Wahhabis Palladin 8 1,954 08-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Last Post: quadrat