Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iraq: record death toll
Hmm, maybe the war in Iraq is as successful as some here like to claim but it sure has the troops shipped back in bodybags.
Don't seem to be able to stop these pesky terrorists somehow:
[Image: 070207_soldierdeath_hlrg_4a.hlarge.jpg]
Quote:WASHINGTON - More American troops were killed in combat in Iraq over the past four months — at least 334 through Jan. 31 — than in any comparable stretch since the war began
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17021246/
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
1 death of an American is 1 to many. But speaking in terms of a war, we haven't lost alot of guys compared to most other American wars....
It would help out alot if Bush would change his rediculous policy about when you're allowed to fire back.
[Image: tancredo.jpg]
Where is this record crap coming from? Half a million died in WW2. 70,000 in the Korean war. If I recall correctly 58,000 in Vietnam. 4 years in Iraq and I believe it's at 3,000 and that's because the troops have been restricted in what they can do more than any war I can remember.

The terrorists have lost tens of thousands. The swamp is being drained but it's not enough. It's going to slow and the Iraqis might be destroyed politically before the swamp is finished. We need to expand into Iran and Syria from the air. I'm calling for the destruction of the Iranian and Syrian governments. I'm calling for the destruction of Hezbollah.

Bush needs to drop bombs on those 3 troubles, Iran, Syria and Lebanon and do it every single day for a year. :twisted:
Independents4Bush Wrote:Where is this record crap coming from? Half a million died in WW2. 70,000 in the Korean war. If I recall correctly 58,000 in Vietnam. 4 years in Iraq and I believe it's at 3,000 and that's because the troops have been restricted in what they can do more than any war I can remember.

The terrorists have lost tens of thousands. The swamp is being drained but it's not enough. It's going to slow and the Iraqis might be destroyed politically before the swamp is finished. We need to expand into Iran and Syria from the air. I'm calling for the destruction of the Iranian and Syrian governments. I'm calling for the destruction of Hezbollah.

Bush needs to drop bombs on those 3 troubles, Iran, Syria and Lebanon and do it every single day for a year. :twisted:
-----------------------------
There are innocent people living in those countries too. Is it fair to bomb them?

But I agree that you have to confront the Iranian influence much more. Otherwise the radical muslims will win the region. But that should be done within Iraq in the first place by eliminating Moqtada Al-Sadr (capture him and send him to Guantanamo as I suggested) and then closing the borders to Iran more effectively. And replace this Al-Maliki with a Sunni politician. That would help to make the Shiites remain in their place like under Saddam.

/track_snake
Innocents died in the revolutionary war. I'm glad George Washington fought that war. You libs always look at the innocent casualties during the war. You never look at the innocent casualties during the tyranny. Many future generations of Iraqis will be spared the horror of tyranny whether by Saddam Hussein, Uday and Qusay or other extremists.

Why capture Al Sadr? We know he's a puppet of Iran and what his intentions are for Iraq and America. Boms him away if you can't catch him alive. Iraq needs a democratic strong man. Someone who tells Iraqis he is going to slaughter shia and sunni militias if they don't cut the crap out. He must be elected. He must be even handed and he must be of mixed sunni and shia.

Yes they do exist in Iraq. Iraq had mixed marriages among sunni and shia prior and during Saddam's reign.
Independents4Bush Wrote:Innocents died in the revolutionary war. I'm glad George Washington fought that war. You libs always look at the innocent casualties during the war. You never look at the innocent casualties during the tyranny. Many future generations of Iraqis will be spared the horror of tyranny whether by Saddam Hussein, Uday and Qusay or other extremists.

Why capture Al Sadr? We know he's a puppet of Iran and what his intentions are for Iraq and America. Boms him away if you can't catch him alive. Iraq needs a democratic strong man. Someone who tells Iraqis he is going to slaughter shia and sunni militias if they don't cut the crap out. He must be elected. He must be even handed and he must be of mixed sunni and shia.

Yes they do exist in Iraq. Iraq had mixed marriages among sunni and shia prior and during Saddam's reign.
------------------------------------------------
Yes. That was during Saddam's reign. But hardly now....

/track_snake

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iraq Sanctions and Death of Innocent Children gray ghost 5 1,331 02-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Locke
  Israeli Intifada Death Toll Declines Gunnen4u 9 2,240 01-05-2006, 01:55 AM
Last Post: mv