Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stretch 747
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250781,00.html

The plane offered to Nancy Pelosi to for security was not enough for the speaker of the house. She wants a 747 airplane to carry her from San Francisco to Washington DC. We have to pay $22,000 an hour to accommodate Nancy Pelosi's extravagance. What happened to an ethical congress? :roll:
How can anyone be surprised at this hags demands?
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
Yes, I am formally Pauly Walnuts from BearPit.
"whether she can have friends and colleagues catch rides"
Is that a freaking joke? She wants MY money so she can shuttle around he freaking friends? Jesus christ, if that isn't illegal usage of tax money, I don't know what is. That's no different than the guy in NY who got caught using tax money to pay for a limo to shuffle his wife around (the guy even got re-elected. New Yorkers are so freaking stupid).
[Image: tancredo.jpg]
http://www.airbus.com/store/mm_repositor...00_600.jpg

I say they get her that gigantic new airbus plane.

She really does need the entire top level for her ego alone if you think about it.
angelfish83 Wrote:http://www.airbus.com/store/mm_repositor...00_600.jpg

I say they get her that gigantic new airbus plane.

She really does need the entire top level for her ego alone if you think about it.

That may be true. However, the best cure for that is a nice sewing needle. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
Well the larger the airplane the larger the target. This doesn't enhance her security at all. Part of security is not bringing attention to yourself. What do you think John? By the way doesn't that huge 747 she wants add to "global warming" because of the extra energy it uses? What a prius airplane is no good for her?

Edit: Excuse me she wants a 757 not a 747. Oh my goodness. :roll:
While I wish all of this were true so that we can trash Pelosi all the more, the fact is that she did not make these requests. The House Sergeant at Arms requested a jet that could make it from DC to her home district without having to stop for refueling for security reasons.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/09/D8N69CA00.html

Quote:Amid the hubbub, House Sergeant-at-Arms Bill Livingood, who is charged with the speaker's security, issued a statement saying it actually was he, not Pelosi, who had requested that the military provide the larger plane so Pelosi could fly nonstop to San Francisco.

After the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Pentagon agreed to provide the House speaker, who is second in the line of presidential succession behind the vice president, with a military plane for added security during trips home. Hastert flew in a commuter-size Air Force jet.

"The fact that Speaker Pelosi lives in California compelled me to request an aircraft that is capable of making nonstop flights for security purposes, unless such an aircraft is unavailable," Livingood said in a statement. "I regret that an issue that is exclusively considered and decided in a security context has evolved into a political issue."
DavidR
Seems to me like he allowed himself to be used as a scapegoat. What else is he supposed to do? Challenge one of the most powerful women in America? Btw excuse me it was a 757 not a 747. The correct term is Stretch 757. Wink1
I'd challange her. And then when she tried to attack me, I'd completely expose her.
No you wouldn't. Your career could be terminated and your families life could be turned upside down. Whether he would be in the right or wrong doesn't matter. The intimidation factor of such a powerful politician serves as enough incentive for him to take the blame.

Edit: This is what they should have given Nancy Pelosi. S6

[Image: nancyplaneavatarso1.jpg]
This just goes to show you just how disorganized the GOP are at this very moment. There is no communication amongst the ranks! Organize people! Organize! Have a long term strategy; this one is not getting your party anywhere.

Take note that after this was released, the White House tripped over their own feet to release a statement. And do you know why? No strategy within the GOP ranks. George Bush wants to get along with Pelosi; he isn't as dumb as he looks. You have to be able to read between the lines on this. As a matter of fact, George has other friends in the House that will help quell matters. Wink1

Yep! This was not discussed amongst the ranks. A shame actually. A real shame. :-$ [Image: eusa_whistle.gif]
"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

Independents4Bush Wrote:No you wouldn't. Your career could be terminated and your families life could be turned upside down. Whether he would be in the right or wrong doesn't matter. The intimidation factor of such a powerful politician serves as enough incentive for him to take the blame.

Edit: This is what they should have given Nancy Pelosi. S6

[Image: nancyplaneavatarso1.jpg]
Terminating me would only make my case stronger
Termination would not be the punishment. Politicians have cronies at their disposal. Do you remember O'Reilly getting audited by the IRS (liberal haven) every time he criticized Bill Clinton? You didn't see the MSM cover that did you?

Griz Republicans can attack democrats and finally satisfy their base while the President plays nice. They can have it both ways and get away with it. You might want to reconsider your analysis.
Independents4Bush Wrote:Termination would not be the punishment. Politicians have cronies at their disposal. Do you remember O'Reilly getting audited by the IRS (liberal haven) every time he criticized Bill Clinton? You didn't see the MSM cover that did you?
You just can't stop beating that old horse, can you? Okay, prove the IRS is a liberal haven. Prove they audited O'Reilly (whoever he is), and prove they audited him because he criticized Bill Clinton. Prove it, or I'll keep educating you about audit selection processes when it's not even on subject.
I'm often wrong. But I'm not always wrong!
You worked for the IRS. That alone should have us hiding our wallets.
Independents4Bush Wrote:Griz Republicans can attack democrats and finally satisfy their base while the President plays nice. They can have it both ways and get away with it. You might want to reconsider your analysis.
Well I can only hope that they continue with this sort of strategy; it works for me! :lol:
"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

Most Americans voted to change corruption in Washington. Then they got a speaker who said she'll take any office she wants before the election. Says she'll spend their money creating new restrooms because somehow walking an extra 20 seconds to get to the restroom is beneath her. Now he wants the biggest and most expensive plane. She's living the good life on our dime. You may want to pay welfare for extravegant politicians but most Americans and I would rather she live like the common folk. Wink1 If only in Washington. :roll:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Now, this is a stretch jt 18 1,571 07-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Last Post: quadrat
  Obama Would Stretch Constitution for “Redistributive Change” scpg02 9 1,581 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Gunnen4u