Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction of Bombing of Iran
I don't understand why anyone would think aerial bombing would remove a government,it didn't do anything to Hussein's rule

http//www.spacewar.com/reports/If_And_When_Bush_Iraqs_Iran_999.html
Palladin Wrote:it didn't do anything to Hussein's rule:
Excuse me?? I must have missed some news the past 3 years. I thought Saddam was gone.

As far as Iran goes, IMO, I think regime change going to be more internal than external (well, maybe a little external). Sanctions would help expedite that along a little quicker.
"Some of the best weapons do not shoot.”
U.S. Army Counterinsurgency Field Manual FM 3-24 December, 2006
BE PREPARED - http://www.gunsandall.com/

http://www.westerncivforum.com/index.php
Ken,

Oh,my bad. I mistakenly believed we had invaded Iraq with a large infantry force.
Sorry,palladin, I'm not sure if we are misunderstanding each other or not. Was your original post meant as sarcasm?
"Some of the best weapons do not shoot.”
U.S. Army Counterinsurgency Field Manual FM 3-24 December, 2006
BE PREPARED - http://www.gunsandall.com/

http://www.westerncivforum.com/index.php
Quote:Unlike the six months of preparations for Operation Desert Field and the deployments that preceded Iraqi Freedom, the Iran buildup will "not be a major CNN event." They will take place below the media's radar screen, such as moving Air Force tankers to staging bases and the movement of additional Navy assets to the region.

I don't see this as a particularly reasonable assessment. Nothing is below the radar screen. These movements and any sort of staging for a large scale air attack are going to get picked up by Russia and China (aka Iran's buddies). It isn't likely to stay quiet very long. (To think otherwise seems pretty naive) Iran will get a bye on this in the near term (=next two years). The Administration's plan on this has been (and will be) to let the Europeans handle it ... which pretty much means it ain't a gonna get done. The Nonproliferation lefties are already retooling their crap to compare the Iranian nuke to the 'peaceful' effects of MAD in the cold war. I've resigned myself to a limited nuclear exchange at some point in the next 5-20 years. The world it seems needs a (hopfully little) reminder from time to time.
Iran's facilities can enrich Plutonium up to 3,5%. Weapon grade is 90%. Isn't that proof enough you are telling bullshit? Don't get driven by your insane administration and a few super-rich nutters to the next war. Remember, the neighbour Irak had no WMD either. In Iran you'd need more coffins than in any other war before, that could break yourself.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
There won't be any war in Iran. The American people are barely supporting the war in Iraq, you think we're going to invade Iran? Not to mention that

1) We don't have enough money
2) We don't have enough soldiers
3) People will absolutely not support a draft
quadrat Wrote:Iran's facilities can enrich Plutonium up to 3,5%. Weapon grade is 90%. Isn't that proof enough you are telling BS? Don't get driven by your insane administration and a few super-rich nutters to the next war. Remember, the neighbour Irak had no WMD either. In Iran you'd need more coffins than in any other war before, that could break yourself.

Are you really that ignorant? I appologize, I should not be so tackless. So,........ are you really that unlearned? How's that.

The Iranians Definately have a thousand centrufuges. We know that for a fact, because we have followed the trail of their purchases. They most likely have several thousand. Now, if you can enrich U235 to 5-6%, which is what is used in reactors, then it is straight forward, but time consuming, to accomplish this.

If you know anything about uranium, you would know that about 99.3% of Yellow Cake is made up of U238, which is slighely heavier than U235. If you use a centrifuge, which is considered old technology, and skim off over 75% of the remains, add the skimming together, and repeat the process, eventually you will enrich the samples to what you want. Just keep doing it, and discard the pure U238. That's basically all there is to it.

You should know that "Q" if you are going to spout this information. Go and 'Google' the information about enriching uranium. Please get your facts straight. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Let me add to the above that one usually does not enrich Plutonium...whatever this may mean.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

Anonymous24 Wrote:There won't be any war in Iran. The American people are barely supporting the war in Iraq, you think we're going to invade Iran? Not to mention that

1) We don't have enough money
2) We don't have enough soldiers
3) People will absolutely not support a draft

None of the given arguments applies to BOMBINGs.

Incidentally, Stratfor thinks that for the time being the effort will concentrate on trying to make the minorities in Iran act out and pressure the regime this way. It is something to try, but not likely to work well.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

Ken,

No,you might have mis read it. It was ONLY about aerial assaults and you probably thought it meant invasion,thus my sarcasm.
I apologize.

Gents,

I think it is possible Bush might do this myself before he leaves office. Not likely,but possible. He may very well be right that if he destroyed Iran,we would thank him in our history books(I would thank him now personally) and that's what needs to occur,too. Along with Pakistan and some others.

As for an invasion,Anon is correct. We are not as a nation able to invade Iran and control Iran,we can't even control Afghanistan with our candy a's.sed conduct.
John, I'm reading Moore's "Dude, where is my country" at the moment. The chapter where that alcoholic in the white house constantly lied about Irak's WMD. Your words sound so familiar.
Palladin,

I'd flip it around. Possible but not very likely.

quadrat,

When North Korea manages to make their next "threats for food" overature (in the form of the Nuclear Test) will that convince you that even tiny crappy little nations that have next to no real 'resources' other than the fanatical aims of their leaders can achieve nuke status under the right conditions? Imagine what the ones that are awash in petrodollars/euros can do! Remember that China and Russia are Iran's buddies too. It isn't a gigantic leap from nuke fuel generation to weapons grade ... particularly with support and tutoring.

Everybody and their dog assumed the WMD was real and still there in Iraq. The E.U.N. mandated no fly zones to keep Saddam from slaughtering his own people. And the E.U.N. authorized consequences for the little shell game he pulled. But the E.U.N. balked on actually doing anything about it (the same way they are balking over Iran backing out of NPT). The U.S. has attempted to deal with Iraq and things have gone badly (but at least it's still a work in process). I think on some level the world expects us to to hunker down and do the dirty work that needs doing ... even when they spit on U.S. for our trouble. But Iran (and North Korea) are going to become the world's collective problem to deal with. ... and just when everyone thought that MAD was a relic of history ... big surprise! ... game on! :twisted:

Here's my suggestion to put your mind at ease.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/WIN101-789-1394.html
quadrat Wrote:John, I'm reading Moore's "Dude, where is my country" at the moment. The chapter where that alcoholic in the white house constantly lied about Irak's WMD. Your words sound so familiar.

So, when are you are going to stop self-polluting your brain "Q"? Somehow, I think that you are allowing Intellectual Laziness to take control of your reasoning ability. You only want to continue polluting your mind, because it is far easier than taking up the other side of the argument. That way, you would be forced to do what requires effort. You would be forced to consider the other side of the isle, and that cannot be allowed. That is why Vladimir Lenin called you folks "Useful Fools"(actually "idiots" was a mistranslation). You are like putty in the hands of the Collectivist State, and how you were trained as an adolescent.

For instance, I will show you two glowing examples of your lack of reasoning ability here within your statement above.

First, you call Bush an alcoholic. There is no real proof of that. All he did was state that he gave up drinking because it was harming his life. Personally, I find that commendable. If a person has the strength of will to do such, he should be complimented by anyone and everyone. Further, anyone who suffers from alcoholism, and kicks the habit, is still an alcoholic. That they are sober should be a positive thing. Again, your emotions are leading you down the path of Hypocrisy and self-deception. Further, your narrow-minded anamosity is showing.

Second, the lying part: Bush has stated numerous times that he was mistaken, and was using faulty intelligence. And the fact that you refuse to even consider that anyone is capable of making a mistake actually condemns your own ability to think clearly. In truth, it was most likely true. The Russians entered Iraq before the invasion, and suddenly convoys were moving into Syria. At completion, the Russians left. I am convinced that the 'so called' WMDs, particularly VX, were transported ther and are in storage. Iraq admitted to having huge quantities of VX in the late 1990s, and they have never been accounted for. I will give you 10:1 odds that there are in Syria, and Bush was actually correct. Of course, your narrow, self-imposed, desire to hate the supposed enemy is again clouding your judgement. Congratulations. Wink1

Again, you should get hold of yourself and seek psychological help. A good psychopharmacologist can get you a prescription that should help level out your emotional/mental problems.

I'm serious here. I take antidepressants for my clinical depression, and clearly I can see that you are in need of something to mellow yourself out. It must be terrible to go through life being constantly dissatisfied, and unhappy with things. Your condition again reminds me of the Iranian dissident, Amil Imani, who stated:

Quote:Useful Idiots are naïve, foolish, ignorant of facts, unrealistically idealistic, dreamers, willfully in denial or deceptive. They hail from the ranks of the chronically unhappy, the anarchists, the aspiring revolutionaries, the neurotics who are at war with life, the disaffected alienated from government, corporations, and just about any and all institutions of society. The Useful Idiot can be a billionaire, a movie star, an academe of renown, a politician, or from any other segment of the population.

I am becoming more and more convinced, that you are one of the above mentioned "Useful Fools", who is terribly dissatisfied and unhappy. Also, the fact that you have no spiritual foundation does not help either.

I'll pray for you. Seriously.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
John L Wrote:I'll pray for you. Seriously.

Pray for us all John L.

Here's some insight into the highly sophisticated nature of the folks that the world community is ultimately going to entrust with nuclear weapons.
Yak,

Khomeini wrote at least 1 book that got translated to English. My step father had it years ago. He told me it had some truly bizarre things in it.

The 1 that sticks in my mind was it taught how to properly "wipe your as.s". NOT KIDDING. With a chicken bone???? Yea,that was in there as an option.

Then a few years ago,I was arguing(gee,that's a shock)with a Canadian Muslim on Kamil's board. He got outraged one day and said the following

"You Christians just wipe your as.ses,but we Muslims CLEAN Ours."

Aside from the inanity of the comment,I realized,Islam is THAT intimate in the life of the Muslim if they are real religious. Not much left to chance with them.
Palladin,

Karl Marx was somewhat right when he said, "Religion the Opiate of the Masses". Only these jokers have found a way to use it to use it to as a mind control drug to advance the religious state. ... And now we are gonna let them have the bomb. :roll:
Yak,

I agree with Karl on that comment. It is one opiate of the masses. So was his creation though.
John, read the book last night. Hmm, Moore came to the same conclusions as I did, though he's from a different background. I guess, when you have some healthy ethics and common sense, you automatically get the same results. However, learned a few things. That Saddam had WMD once I knew, but not they were provided by the USA with the explicit order to use them on the Kurds and Persians. Was happy to learn the majority of Americans are left by heart.
Quote:Second, the lying part: Bush has stated numerous times that he was mistaken, and was using faulty intelligence.
You kidding? The war in Irak has been going on for years, and Bush knew BEFORE he started the crusade that he was lying. He murdered tens of thousands of Irakis and thousands of American troppers in order to fill the pockets of your filthy rich ones even more and for his blurred dreams of world domination. What about impeachment for that guy? Fine, let's even assume pea brain was too stupid to recognize "faulty intelligence" as such and he lied unaware of the truth; but he as the president is responsible for the actions of his intelligence services.
mr_yak
Quote:When North Korea manages to make their next "threats for food" overature (in the form of the Nuclear Test) will that convince you that even tiny crappy little nations that have next to no real 'resources' other than the fanatical aims of their leaders can achieve nuke status under the right conditions?
North Korean or Iranian nukes scare me personally far less than American nukes in the hands of right-wingers bound for world domination, (combined with characters as there are in this very forum who like to see Iran nuked for disobedience.)
Koreans and Persian have no such ambitions, you do. Proven countless times. Who could still count the independent nations you invaded, blackmailed, CIAed? Korea, you killed over 2,000,000 of them in the fifties, partly with biological weapons. You never apologized, you never offered any compensation or aid. You are the only country left with a substantial defence production that has to be sold and used in order to make profits. You might feel you are on a mission to better the world, be assured, you are mistaken.
quadrat Wrote:mr_yak
North Korean or Iranian nukes scare me personally far less than American nukes in the hands of right-wingers bound for world domination, (combined with characters as there are in this very forum who like to see Iran nuked for disobedience.)
Koreans and Persian have no such ambitions, you do. Proven countless times. Who could still count the independent nations you invaded, blackmailed, CIAed? Korea, you killed over 2,000,000 of them in the fifties, partly with biological weapons. You never apologized, you never offered any compensation or aid. You are the only country left with a substantial defence production that has to be sold and used in order to make profits. You might feel you are on a mission to better the world, be assured, you are mistaken.

quadrat,

I'm not whining for "Iran nuked for disobedience". I'm simply pointing out that there will be some consequences for the rest of the "world community" when Iran gets the bomb and when NK tests out their new toys. Consequences like the sudden necessity for a Japanese deterent. Consequences like the brewing nasty atomic skirmish with Israel. (And I'm sure that folks like you will blame them when respond in kind - but do you think it will matter at that point?) Lots and lots of unintended consequences. I bring up these consequences for the "world community" because (unlike what you are accusing me of) I do not actually think that the U.S. is going to take action to prevent it. Consequently it will be the "world communities'" problem to deal with in the future. Good luck!

2,000,000 ... and the North Koreans and Chinese have absolutely no culpability for that right?? :roll: Actually it's a mere pittance compared to the 100,000,000+ that that ideology was responsible for slaughtering in the last century. But not to worry, It's starting to look like radical Islam can give the communists a run for their money when it comes to raw body counts. Relax quadrat. I'm not doing a war dance. But I think you should actually find it a bit alarming when otherwise reasonable people suddenly find it necessary to buy things like Pro-KI for the medicine cabinet and a gieger counter for the old tool box.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prediction: Obama bombs Iran Anonymous24 34 6,961 10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Fredledingue