Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brits Don't Want their Terrorists Back
Man o man,these people have raised Cain,now don't want them back.

http//www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1886164,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=12
Palladin Wrote:Man o man,these people have raised Cain,now don't want them back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/...ss&feed=12

Can you blame them?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Quote:US authorities are demanding that the detainees be kept under 24-hour surveillance if set free - restrictions that are dismissed by the British as unnecessary and unworkable. Although all are accused of terrorist involvement, Britain says there is no intelligence to warrant the measures Washington wants, and it lacks the resources to implement them. "They do not pose a sufficient threat," said the head of counter-terrorism at the Home Office.
There's the rub.
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Yes,well the real rub is we don't have the moral courage to win this war.

These guys would be dead since 2002 if we did. Trials,executions.

The nation is impotent almost morally,I cannot blame Bush.

They'd have lived long enough to interrogate them in 1942 and Eisenhower would have stood the criminals up on fence posts and had them shot like he did the german terrorists in France.
Palladin Wrote:Yes,well the real rub is we don't have the moral courage to win this war.

These guys would be dead since 2002 if we did. Trials,executions.

The nation is impotent almost morally,I cannot blame Bush.

They'd have lived long enough to interrogate them in 1942 and Eisenhower would have stood the criminals up on fence posts and had them shot like he did the german terrorists in France.
Then you would be no better than the terrorists.
Monsieur,

Indeed,and Eisenhower was no better than Hitler,ask a Dutch or Frenchman who lived while the Germans ran around doing what the Germans did in 1940-1945.
Palladin Wrote:Man o man,these people have raised Cain,now don't want them back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/...ss&feed=12
It escaped me on first reading but an article in today's Guardian made me check back, the gentlemen in question have residency status in the UK only, they are not British citizens. All UK citizens have already been released from Guantánamo. That they're not citizens of the UK goes some way to explaining, particularly given the US demands for 24/7 surveillance, why the British government doesn't want them back.
No one wants them,it stands to reason,they're raving murderous maniacs we should have executed already.
Palladin Wrote:No one wants them,it stands to reason,they're raving murderous maniacs we should have executed already.
Well if the evidence against them is that compelling, why haven't the Americans tried them already? Wink1