Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurdle race between seven dwarves
Quote:It has been compared to a hurdle race between seven dwarves. Campaigning to become next secretary-general of the United Nations entered the final stretch this week without a clear leader in sight.

With the annual meeting of the UN General Assembly due to open overnight in New York, seven declared candidates will have their best opportunity to make their case to the 192 members of the world body.

Secretary-General Kofi Annan is due to step down on December 31 after 10 years in the job and observers say there is confusion about his successor.

What a valuable estate!! Where else can you have a forum where the guest speakers are sooooo very gratious while on the soil of the host nation?
Personally, I think that Hugo Chavez should run for the post. I'll also bet that a sizable majority of Venezualian citizenry would be happy for his 'elevation' as well.

Can't you just see this 'Clown' performing on center stage, day in and day out? Nothing would get the US citizenry so incensed, as they would demand that the "US get out of the UN, and the UN get out of the US" faster. In fact, Venezuala would be a Wonderful place for the World Circus to put on it's daily performance.

I' say, let's do it.

A close second in my mind, would be Howdy Doody. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
OK, Chavez or any other thug to show his shorts. lol
Ken