Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Muslims Treat Dissent and What they Wish Not to Hear
All one has to do is look at the response of the Pope to Islamic proclivities, and one gets an accurate confirmation that only proves him correct. Don't these benevolent, peace loving muslims know that they are making it easier for even more Euros to realize what they are Really like?

Quote:Muslim fury grows at Pope's speech
Last updated at 13:42pm on 15th September 2006

The furore over comments made by Pope Benedict about the Islamic concept of Holy War continues to grow. Today British Muslims joined in, fiercely criticising his remarks.

The pontiff was accused of falling into "the trap of bigots and racists" with the comments he made on a visit to Germany.[/url]

And of course let's not leave out the progressive and modern Turks.

Quote:Turkish Lawmaker Compares Pope to Hitler

Email this Story

Sep 15, 9:12 AM (ET)

By SUZAN FRASER

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - Turkey's ruling Islamic-rooted party joined a wave of criticism of Pope Benedict XVI on Friday, accusing him of trying to revive the spirit of the Crusades with remarks he made about the Muslim faith. A Turkish lawmaker said the pontiff would go down in history "in the same category as leaders such as Hitler and Mussolini" for his words.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
These people have as much right for freedom of speech as Pope has.

You think if Pope made some anti Jewish, or anti Protestant remarks, those groups would have kept quiet about it?

As long as remarks and counter-remarks does not cause any riots, I have no problems with people practicing their freedom of speech.
I always find it interesting to 'observe' the world as a whole and see the distinct line in the sand. It's almost like there are 'white' people on one side and the rest of the world on the other. And while there was a time when whites were considered the majority, I see more and more people jumping on the band wagon to condem anything that they have to say....

I am not saying that this is a racial slur at all, but could you imagine what would happen if the tables were turned and the pope were pointing the finger at the Americans....people would be dancing in the streets....regardless of where they lived S5 He calls the truth out to the Muslim culture and it's an up roar almost a blasphomey if you will.......shocking if you ask me......
[img]http:dyimgcomusyimgcompap20060915captall10109151248india_pope_protest_all101.jpgx=380&y=252&sig=4DOydJQQKVyQ5bFGCzmoHg--[/img]

This is the sort of 'free speech' you are talking about? Just like the case of the Dutch cartoon protest, next came the destruction of embaseys in the world of Islam. I wonder how far this will go? Do you think that this pope will fare as well as his predecessor, by only being shot, but not killed? And was not the attempted killer also a Turk? I'm not trying to single out Turkey: only the world of Islam.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
I don't mind Muslims protesting the Pope's comments. If that's where it ends,no problem.

The Pope has spoke the truth and it hurts.

Jews and Christians don't have groups of people in the millions across the globe that murder innocents then claim Their Messiah motivated them to do this,Islam does have this phenomenon except they claim God Himself motivated them as Islam apparently doesn't understand what Messiah is.

Targo,of course you're right,had the Pope sided with the Muslims,he would be cheered at every street corner in terror central,but this Pope has some truth in his soul and doesn't. I fear he will be shortly intimidated and as always it will be threats of terrorism. Not necessarily at him,but at Christians,Catholics,etc and he will feel impelled to retract due to Muslim terrorism.

Myself,I'm proud of this gentleman and hope he perserveres with the truth.
yes I too hope that he stands tall in his comments to the world.....that there may be no retracting of comments

sometimes the truth must hurt. With that and only that can there be change S5
Mass demonstration in Turkey by two people against Pope's remarks S2
[Image: _42091996_turkey_ap_220.jpg]The row is being felt particularly in Turkey which the Pope is due to visit this year.

I don't know, I myself don't find Pope's remarks offensive when I read the whole content.
However, most of the Western and Eastern media just published a few remarks of the Pope making it appear to be anti-Islamic.
Targo,

Indeed,it would be good for these Muslims across the globe to get themselves all mad and have their pride and feelings hurt THEN somehow believe that Jesus of Nazareth is The Christ and they be spared the much worse problem of eternity in the darkness and fire of gehenna.

Tribulations on earth don't add up to much,leaving earth without The Lord,now that's a tragedy. I pray for Muslims to have their eyes opened to Christ as I do for all non believers.

Incidentally,won't it be rather odd if Muslims use violence in response to the Pope's claim that Mohammad taught them violence?
two people equalling mass demostration is indeed funny S5

Palladin Wrote:Targo,

Indeed,it would be good for these Muslims across the globe to get themselves all mad and have their pride and feelings hurt THEN somehow believe that Jesus of Nazareth is The Christ and they be spared the much worse problem of eternity in the darkness and fire of gehenna.

Tribulations on earth don't add up to much,leaving earth without The Lord,now that's a tragedy. I pray for Muslims to have their eyes opened to Christ as I do for all non believers.

Alright so it sounds like I live with rose coloured glasses on...I know. But if only people had a glimmer of the God I see....that I know....

It just seems to me and this is obviously a personal opinion, that you can condem and belittle anyone from North America and it's even better if you add a Christian in there, and some how that is not considered being racist by anyone, even if the people being 'picked' on in this case speak up they are called weak. But the moment one person calls out the truth that they see in another culture it becomes a rascist remark, it becomes a hate crime and an attack.

For this reason I think that this war on terror has been particularilly difficult as we (North Americans) are being percieved as the bullies and picking on the little guys :roll: the world as a whole seems to have blinders on when it comes to the other sides treatment of us.

AH maybe it's just a finacial battle...since we cared enough to make a prosperous country then we should just learn to bite our tongues and move on.....sorry I am angered by this that is all......
Kamil,

For accuracy sake,the Pope's comments were clearly anti Islamic. What he did was quote an old emperor of Byzantium who was debating an Islamic scholar.

The emperor stated Mohammad offered the world nothing new,rather something old,violence to settle personal disagreements and conversions by combat.

What I would like to know is why would anyone expect or be surprised that the Pope sees Islam as a false religion? He would be a Muslim instead of a believer in Christ if he were pro Islamic,IMO.

Do I expect a Muslim to agree with me about Christ? What nonsense. So,why is this something that is controversial?

It doesn't make me hate you,or desire to harm you that you disagree with me about Christ. I do not expect Hindus to agree with me,nor do I expect Hindus to agree with Mohammad.

That's why there are different belief systems. Why is it Muslims tend to freak out when the majority of people on earth say what we think?
Tara, I'm a little confused with your equating "white people" with North America.
We got and enjoy every color of the rainbow here in the US.
Hybrid vigor of cultures might be our strongest attribute.
Ken
KenBean Wrote:Tara, I'm a little confused with your equating "white people" with North America.
We got and enjoy every color of the rainbow here in the US.
Hybrid vigor of cultures might be our strongest attribute.
Ken

yes yes I know it was a generalization on my part.....

I live in Vancouver BC after all....where there is the LARGEST (IMO anyway) number of cultures living S5
Targo, thanks for the clarify lol
You have quietly entered here with some pretty neat insights.
Welcome.
Ken
KenBean Wrote:Targo, thanks for the clarify :lol:
You have quietly entered here with some pretty neat insights.
Welcome.
Ken

thank you :mrgreen:
Isn't she neat? My partner in crime. S6
H. L. Mencken
John L Wrote:Isn't she neat? My partner in crime. S6

Thanks John,, you and I do work well together don't we S5
"Jihad is the HUMP of Islam". This is hilarious. Probably just an ignorant translator,but there was 1 incident in Pakistan where some guys paid an English speaker to interpret and they had signs making fun of Muslims and bragging on the US back in 2002.

http//powerlineblog.com/archives/015289.php
Powerline input,note the MURDERED NUN. Piss on Islam,the Pope was right to say what he did,it's nothing but a murderer's manual of action

http//powerlineblog.com/archives/015300.php
When ignorant people make some comments, other ignorant people act on these comments. However, in Pope's case even though he led a sheltered life, ignorance can not be used for excuse. He might have deliberately said these words to drag people back to the Middle Age conflicts and wars.

Quote:ALI BARDAKOGLU, SENIOR TURKISH MUSLIM
I do not see any use in somebody visiting the Islamic world who thinks in this way about the holy prophet of Islam. He should first rid himself of feelings of hate.

SALIH KAPUSUZ, DEPUTY LEADER OF TURKEY'S RULING AK PARTY
The owner of those unfortunate and arrogant comments, Benedict XVI, has gone down in history, but in the same category as Hitler and Mussolini.

He seems to have a mindset that comes from the darkness of the Middle Ages. He is a poor thing that has not benefited from the spirit of reform in the Christian world. It looks like an effort to revive the mentality of the Crusades.
I must wonder as I read this topic if it more international basis or more religiously bases in nature....I know there is a thread of similar content in the religion forum......seems to be a fine line here that may be difficult not to cross.....also it can be confusing when posting in both topic S5

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm glad we don't treat foreign vets this way... Gunnen4u 18 2,908 05-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Gunnen4u