Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 years ago, Neanderthal man discovered
August 1856, with the discovery of a couple of bones at the Neanderthal valley in Western Germany, the science of paleoanthropology was born. Three years later, Darwin published his "origin of the species".
Latest discoveries seem to prove, Neanderthalers were not dumb creatures but had a culture and technology that rivaled Homo Sapiens'.

I'd like to know what the US bible belt has to say? Did Neanderthalers not make it on time to Noahs Ark? Are they ignored or denied?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neandertal
http://www.neanderthal.de/
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
quadrat Wrote:August 1856, with the discovery of a couple of bones at the Neanderthal valley in Western Germany, the science of paleoanthropology was born. Three years later, Darwin published his "origin of the species".
Latest discoveries seem to prove, Neanderthalers were not dumb creatures but had a culture and technology that rivaled Homo Sapiens'.

I'd like to know what the US bible belt has to say? Did Neanderthalers not make it on time to Noahs Ark? Are they ignored or denied?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neandertal
http://www.neanderthal.de/

Since I specialized in Neanderthal in graduate school, and since I also worship the Messiah, I have no problems in tying in the two. You must be talking about the fundamentalists within the church.

And since the last known dated remains of Neanderthan date to about 35000BP, it is obvious that they were here Well before the story of the Flood. Further the story of Noah, along with many other stories, in the Old Testament, ]are clearly alegories.

The story of the Flood is almost certainly related to the catastropohic flooding of the Black Sea lowlands area, approximately 7600BP, in which large groups of agricultural tribes would have been suddenly driven from the area, when the waters of the Mediterannean Sea rose to the point of cascading over the Bosporus Straights. Certainly, this would have dispersed huge groups of people throughout the area, And have spurred a tale of horrific flooding, which is found within more than one ancient civilization.

"Q" your disdain of Christianity is obvious here. Obviously your upbringing in DDR has something to do with it. However, you are not covering new ground, and your attempt is easily beaten back.

Tell me, where do you place your faith? Obviously it is not at the alter of "sustainability" as with the Eco-Wackos. Surely you must worship something. That is one of the reasons why we are human. It's in our genes.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Quote:Further the story of Noah, along with many other stories, in the Old Testament, are clearly alegories.
Good to know, could never figure out how Noah could acquire kangaroos. I worship nothing. Most important are for me individualism and freedom. There is one freedom only, that's personal freedom. The thing you guys are about to abolish completely. For me, all religions are evil to the core, designed to subdue the free will of people. Do you believe there are any differences between Christianity and Islam just because they use a few different phrases? They serve the same purpose, to make puppets out of people. Fine, the smarter ones become puppetmasters.
What did Lenin say? Religion, that's opium for common people". Better not to do drugs.
I read Jean Auel.
Quote:What did Lenin say? Religion, that's opium for common people". Better not to do drugs.
I would listen to his opinion on religion with a grain of salt: he just tried to denigrade the competition. Shock :lol:
I know communism has properties of religions. However, it is the religion of intellectuals and embraces science. Wink1
Only pseudo-intellectuals and psuedo-science. Any theism that survives by revisioning history is evil.
WmLambert Wrote:Only pseudo-intellectuals and psuedo-science. Any theism that survives by revisioning history is evil.

Agreed.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
quadrat Wrote:I know communism has properties of religions. However, it is the religion of intellectuals and embraces science. Wink1
Any ideology does. As soon as hypothesizers stop checking their theoretical constructs against externals any hypothesis hardens into dogma and it stops being a hypothesis and becomes ideology. As such it starts to exhibit common properties. And the more dogmatic it becomes the more (or, rather, enhanced) properties emerge that are strikingly similar to all believe systems. Both between the 2-dimensional ones, like traditional religion and collectivism (JL term) and between 2-dimensional and an infinite-dimensional one, like multi-culty: dogmatic system closes its boundary and becomes hostile to any externals. Eventually due to drastically reduces flow of ideas through the boundary its complexity get reduced into a countable number of features, than it start to oscillate, than resonances appear and it blows up. Or, if its boundaries are less rigid (aka still permeable), dissipate, preserving some residual dogmas and spreading them into environment. :lol: Shock

PS. I am not sure that Islam as a system of beliefs has philosophical boundaries permeable enough to survive.
Quote:What did Lenin say? Religion, that's opium for common people".

With the perspective of history, it appears that in reality Lenin wasn't the smart guy people thought he was 90 years ago.

-S
Marx actually said it. As for Lenin, he was extremely intelligent when it came to revolution, but dumb when it came to nation-building(unlike our own Founders, obviously).
Anonymous24 Wrote:Marx actually said it. As for Lenin, he was extremely intelligent when it came to revolution, but dumb when it came to nation-building(unlike our own Founders, obviously).

It could have something to do with the different world views, don't you think?
H. L. Mencken
Anonymous24 Wrote:Marx actually said it. As for Lenin, he was extremely intelligent when it came to revolution, but dumb when it came to nation-building(unlike our own Founders, obviously).

Correct on Marx, congradulations on getting the author right!

Wrong on Lenin. He was very intelligent when it came to power grab.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

Quote:Marx actually said it. As for Lenin, he was extremely intelligent when it came to revolution, but dumb when it came to nation-building(unlike our own Founders, obviously).
Marx did? Always confuse those guys, they looked so alike. Your founders were smart, agree. Franklin: "Who trades freedom for safety, has at the end neither".
Why do you people betray your founders?
Quote:Why do you people betray your founders?
Like in: "why do you beat your wife?"
In both cases: how do you know? :lol: :lol:
quadrat Wrote:
Quote:Marx actually said it. As for Lenin, he was extremely intelligent when it came to revolution, but dumb when it came to nation-building(unlike our own Founders, obviously).
Marx did? Always confuse those guys, they looked so alike. Your founders were smart, agree. Franklin: "Who trades freedom for safety, has at the end neither".
Why do you people betray your founders?

If you look closely, you can easily see a distinct difference. Wink1

[Image: marx-bio.jpg]

[Image: 1916-00.jpg]
H. L. Mencken
Seen millions of them in a former life. Wink1 Please enhance Marx and make this Uljanov guy smaller.
Too lazy to do such. Anyway, I thought this thread was about Neanderthal Man?
H. L. Mencken
Outrageous! You yourself changed the subject.
Actually, quadrat, your first title-post did not lead into the paleoanthropological aspects of Neanderthals. You asked: "I'd like to know what the US bible belt has to say? Did Neanderthals not make it on time to Noah's Ark? Are they ignored or denied?"

John answered you clearly with his statements about the chronology of the Biblical Black Sea Flood. If the Neanderthals lived primarily in central Europe and Asia and died out over a hundred-thousand year period, the answer is they probably missed the boat. Neither ignored nor denied - just gone and irrelevant.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans carry Neanderthal DNA Canuknucklehead 80 52,776 05-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Last Post: John L