Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wah-Wah! SC Justice Kennedy's tearful speech
Did anyone hear the audio from SC Justice Kennedy's speech to a BAR Association convention held in Hawaii recently? He was lamenting how we (the US) was losing the war of ideas with the rest of the world, and how we were the worse --- and in more danger --- for it.

While this may be partly true, it was the fact that he was NEARLY SOBBING and had an audible catch in his voice while saying this. What a WUSS! Reminds me of Ohio's Voinovich breaking down and crying during his a speech the floor of the Senate opposing John Bolton's being considered for the US representative to the UN. :roll:

You know, this kind of stuff is eventually seen by our enemies. And they prey upon weakness and emotion and people who waver or lack guts. So stuff like this will embolden them, leading them to think (correctly) that some of us are weak and divided in the face of danger.

This is not to say that men should never cry or show emotion such as this. HOWEVER, there is a time and a place...and neither Voinovich nor Justice Kennedy were in the correct time or place.

Not to mention the fact that they are WRONG. Regarding Kennedy's theatrics...ideas are only gonna take us so far in this war against Radical Islam, because every fiber of our enemy's collective being is driven by their fanatical and lunatic ideology/religion to desire our deaths and destruction. And regarding Voinovich's tears...according to most, Bolton has done a great job in representing US interests at the UN in these difficult times of war.

What was Reagan thinking when he nominated Kennedy for the SC?!?!?! Or maybe he wasnt always a goofy, globalist, "wussified" justice, and simply morphed into one over the years.

What a joke our Supreme Court has become, what with basing decisions on the precedents set in foreign courts (something our SC was NEVER supposed to do)...and now this pathetic performance by SC Justice Kennedy.
I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but perhaps his problem is that his serotonin levels may be below normal. As we age, the level of chemicals we produce decreases. And serotonin is vitally important in the ability to fight depression. I have that trouble and do suffer from clinical depression. I have been taking antidepressents for over a decade now.

SSRI's don't work all that well for me, as they have side effects, so I take Wellburtin, which is Not an SSRI. It gives me more energy, but I still have this habit of getting emotional when I see heart rendering things, when normally, I wouldn't. I'm certainly not a Wuss, and I get emotional. Maybe that is his problem as well.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
I've suffered from depression since childhood myself. It has got alot better but still only takes a few events to change for depression to knock you down a few steps. The best way to combat it is to do things which increase your confidence. My school work and weight training helps me do this.

However I can proudly say I haven't cried since I was a child. Justice Kennedy and Voinovich are little girls. Not that a tear doesn't come to my eyes but it takes more than some pansies in Europe and a bunch of primative muslim extremist to make me cry.
John L Wrote:I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but perhaps his problem is that his serotonin levels may be below normal. As we age, the level of chemicals we produce decreases. And serotonin is vitally important in the ability to fight depression. I have that trouble and do suffer from clinical depression. I have been taking antidepressents for over a decade now.

SSRI's don't work all that well for me, as they have side effects, so I take Wellburtin, which is Not an SSRI. It gives me more energy, but I still have this habit of getting emotional when I see heart rendering things, when normally, I wouldn't. I'm certainly not a Wuss, and I get emotional. Maybe that is his problem as well.
Maybe I did a bad job explaining what I meant. I totally understand your situation. And I too have been known to cry at very sad things, and I have no problem with depression whatsoever. For example, even though I have never been in combat, I weeped a bit the first couple times I saw the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan, just because I knew many of our great young men died the way it was depicted on-screen. (I heard that some who were there were similarly effected when they saw the movie, it was that realistic and well done.)

And I also often get teary-eyed when I hear about a particular soldier's story of being killed or badly wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I tend to believe that in both Voinovich's and Kennedy's cases, there was no physiological problem that caused their emotions. But I could be wrong.
Hey, I'm too stupid to get depressed! That's because I am not clear on the concept )

I can tell you though, when I was traveling internationally a lot, and unexpectedly saw the stars and stripes over an embassy, or ran across a US service-man in uniform, standing proud...I ALWAYS got misty eyed with a lump in my throat.
I get misty when
I see a crippled kiddo jump up and run on his/her prosthesis, or pick up the first cookie with their prosthetic hand.

...Oh heck, lots of things.

I am very delighted that some things can be done now when folks have a chemical imbalance too.

In the final analysis, I'm more and more convinced that the words written in red are the eternal truth.
Ken
The problem with Voinovich and Kennedy probably aren't their physicality - but their mentality. Voinovich recently recanted his tearful condemnation of Bolton and endorsed his work at the U.N. which proves even stupidity can be fixed with empirical evidence. Their problem was that they believed things that were untrue and it affected them at a gut level.

Emotional dysfunction aside, they see visions of bad things and react to them as we all do. Their downfall comes from brains full of mush. Serotonin levels may affect how much charge we put into our emotional outbursts - but if there is no outrage to start with there is no outburst.
I'm a really emotional person, but I can only cry(and never more than a few moments) when I'm drunk and listening to a sad song. Don't you guys think its possible they faked the tears because, for whatever reason, they thought it would be politically advantageous?
Anonymous24 Wrote:I'm a really emotional person, but I can only cry(and never more than a few moments) when I'm drunk and listening to a sad song. Don't you guys think its possible they faked the tears because, for whatever reason, they thought it would be politically advantageous?
That's what I was thinking, A24.
Anon that could be possible however out of all things to cry about anything gained with the tears is negated with the topic. They cry for our enemies and opposition.