Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jihad on America,circa 1786
We've been to this rodeo before. This seem of serious interest to anyone who desires to understand what motivates serious Muslims. It's ISLAM that motivates Muslims and we are all infidels deserving of slavery at best

http//www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=22314
Wow. Tremendous historical background. ...So Jefferson wimped out and Adams had the right of it. You'd think that in over 200 years this stuff would be taught in our schools.
Interesting stuff.
I guess it was Russian paranoia that moved Russians against these guys.
Green,

Which "guys" do you allude to? There are Muslims everywhere on your periphery. If you're alluding to Afghanistan,you'll need to show some evidence somehow that Afghanistan was doing to the USSR what Afghanistan did for the USA in 2001 to make me change my view of the invasion.

The communists over htrew the King,not a Taliban government and when the people wouldn't sit still for it,here came the Red Army.

If you know it was different,show us.
Quote:Which "guys" do you allude to? There are Muslims everywhere on your periphery.
Not everywhere. I allude to those guys, who were beaten by Russia to save Christian Armenia and Georgia from Ottoman Empire also known as Turks.
Quote:If you're alluding to Afghanistan,you'll need to show some evidence somehow that Afghanistan was doing to the USSR what Afghanistan did for the USA in 2001 to make me change my view of the invasion.
This campaign wasn't against Afghanistan itself. But against some forces which were considered as hostile to the values of the Soviet Union.
Thanks for the article, Palladin.
Ken

John L that would be a great article to post in the Bearpit. Would one of you do that? Perhaps under the Title Palladin used.
Ken
Green,

The ONLY beef we Yanks ever had with the USSR or Russia relative to Muslims was your invasion of Afghanistan. I've had Russki explain that they were back in 1980 acting like the Taliban did in 2000,but there is just not a thread of evidence of it.

In fact,it is my firm opinion that the Russian invasion of Afghanistan is what lit the latest jihad intellectually against all powers non Muslim on earth.

Had I been alive when you were fighting Turks,you would have had no stronger friend. The Afghan thing was a serious and strategic error for not only the USSR,but for all non Muslims,period as it lit the latest global jihad fire which will not be put out anytime soon.

Had we known then what we know now,we may have sat back and watched ,but in 1980 the fear was Soviet expansion,not Islamic jihad.