Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Upcoming 2024 Election
I know that the 2024 election is really jumping the gun, with the 2020 one up front.  However, this article simply fortifies my thinking aFox News is still number One, when it comes to news, and it looks like it will remain that way.  However, Hannity is not the main reason for its popularity IMO.  He's being passed up by the one who I like best: Tucker Carlson.  He far and away has the ability to influence news, even slightly more so than Hannity.  Course that's just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.  S5

However, Tucker is so popular that he is starting to look like the best chance for the Dumbasses to continue their reign of dominance.

Quote:Tucker Carlson 2024? The GOP is buzzing

Tucker Carlson’s audience is booming — and so is chatter that the popular Fox News host will parlay his TV perch into a run for president in 2024.

Republican strategists, conservative commentators, and former Trump campaign and administration officials are buzzing about Carlson as the next-generation leader of Donald Trump’s movement — with many believing he would be an immediate frontrunner in a Republican primary.

“He’s a talented communicator with a massive platform. I think if he runs he’d be formidable,” said Luke Thompson, a Republican strategist who worked for Jeb Bush’s super PAC in 2016.

While practically every Republican eyeing a 2024 presidential run is professing loyalty to Trump the person, Carlson has become perhaps the highest-profile proponent of “Trumpism” — a blend of anti-immigrant nationalism, economic populism and America First isolationism that he articulates unapologetically and with some snark. At the same time, he's shown a rare willingness among Republicans to bluntly criticize Trump when he believes the president is straying from that ideology.

In another twist, Carlson has established a friendship with Donald Trump, Jr., according to a source familiar with their relationship. Trump Jr. has drawn his own share of presidential buzz.

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” is currently the most watched cable news program in history, according to the second quarter ratings released this week. And on Fox News’ YouTube channel, Carlson’s segments from the past quarter have drawn well over 60 million views and are among the most popular videos in the eight years since the network began posting on the platform.

His popularity with the base would instigate a debate over the future of the party — essentially whether Trump was an aberration or a party-realigning disrupter — a fight that will be all the fiercer if Trump loses in November.

“Let me put it this way: If Biden wins and Tucker decided to run, he’d be the nominee,” said Sam Nunberg, a former top political aide to Trump who knows Carlson. But Nunberg said he doesn’t believe Carlson will run because “he’s so disgusted with politicians.”

Sixteen prominent Republicans interviewed by POLITICO said there’s an emerging consensus in the GOP that the 51-year-old Carlson would be formidable if he were to run. Some strategists aligned with other potential candidates are convinced he will enter the race and detect the outlines of a stump speech in Carlson’s recent Fox monologues. Others, particularly those who know him well, are skeptical that he would leave his prime-time TV gig.

Carlson and Fox News declined to comment on his political prospects.

Tucker Carlson: Controversial news commentator gets highest ratings
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
A few years back, there was a thread "Chelsea Clinton 2020". What happened to this one?
(07-03-2020, 02:38 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: A few years back, there was a thread "Chelsea Clinton 2020". What happened to this one?

No, it was not.  It was entitled "Chelsea Clinton 2016".
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
Any President is successful based on the staff that surrounds him/her.

The Clinton crime family had scofflaws who had been collected over the years to form a mafia-style gang of knee-breakers. Obama tapped that same coterie of ex-Clinton henchmen, which made Chelsea an easily understood false-front for the same staff.

Trump went outside of the GOP old-boys network to find staff from the business world,, He had to accept some idiots from the swamp to start the process - but his direction was always away from the old politiks.

Tucker has some interesting people he can call on to appear on his show. How many of them can survive in the knife-fight to come is anybody's guess.
Tucker Carlson for President in 2024.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
(07-03-2020, 03:56 PM)John L Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 02:38 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: A few years back, there was a thread "Chelsea Clinton 2020". What happened to this one?

No, it was not.  It was entitled "Chelsea Clinton 2016".
Banghead S3
What makes you think that the Empire of Mexico will have the same election structure? Or any elections?

Surely you don't expect the Entity to last to 2024?
Sanders 2020

Quote: administration officials are buzzing about Carlson as the next-generation leader of Donald Trump’s movement — with many believing he would be an immediate frontrunner in a Republican primary.
IMO they picked Calrson to make the transition between The Clown and a normal President less brutal.

I couldn't find a place where I could read or listen Tucker Carlson's political opinions yet.
Does he has some?

mv Wrote:Surely you don't expect the Entity to last to 2024?
As it goes for the moment, the US heads for am oligarchic dictature like Russia where only two things matter: Oil and the military. One department supporting the other.

Once the Wall will be completed, US citizens won't have anywhere to escape.
(07-04-2020, 05:14 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: ...IMO they picked Calrson to make the transition between The Clown and a  normal President less brutal.

I couldn't find a place where I could read or listen Tucker Carlson's political opinions yet.
Does he has some?

Ignorance cannot be excused when one claims never viewing the most watched show. Carlson covers issues in far greater depth than other places, and there is no need to write a manifesto, when he covers every issue with background info and clarity.
(07-04-2020, 05:14 PM)Fredledingue Wrote:
Quote: administration officials are buzzing about Carlson as the next-generation leader of Donald Trump’s movement — with many believing he would be an immediate frontrunner in a Republican primary.
IMO they picked Calrson to make the transition between The Clown and a  normal President less brutal.

Does he has some?

As it goes for the moment, the US heads for am oligarchic dictature like Russia where only two things matter: Oil and the military. One department supporting the other.

They are doing a pretty good job escaping to Canada.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
(07-04-2020, 06:59 PM)Canuknucklehead Wrote: They are doing a pretty good job escaping to Canada.

That's going to reverse itself, with the climate getting colder. Canada is not going to be all that attractive, weather wise, with the new Grand Solar Minimum already on the way. Something is going to have to get straightened out. Spiteful
WmLambert (or others) Could you provide some links where I can listen Carlson covering important topics? (Not just personal anecdotes)
(07-04-2020, 05:14 PM)Fredledingue Wrote:

Russia is not an oligarchic dictatorship -- it is, if anything, a personal dictatorship, this is very different.

The US otoh is  oligarch-ruled quasi-democracy, and was such for decades. It is heading toward a cliff and destruction; it is quite possible that a dictatorship will emerge and even bring things in order -- but this would take decades.
(07-05-2020, 07:34 AM)Fredledingue Wrote: WmLambert (or others) Could you provide some links where I can listen Carlson covering important topics? (Not just personal anecdotes)
Just go to any search engine and type in "tucker carlson tonight episodes." Not really all that hard. You can also access YouTube.

If that is too hard, goto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsyNB95ljY for the latest episode.
(07-05-2020, 01:10 PM)WmLambert Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 07:34 AM)Fredledingue Wrote:
WmLambert (or others) Could you provide some links where I can listen Carlson covering important topics? (Not just personal anecdotes)
Just go to any search engine and type in "tucker carlson tonight episodes." Not really all that hard. You can also access YouTube.

If that is too hard, goto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsyNB95ljY for the latest episode.

Come on, let's be nice.

Tucker Carlson Tonight
And why should he be a politician?
Why should a community organizer be a politician?
Tucker Carlson is an excellent propagandist for Trump because he is able to tell thinks which make sens.
I like when he says that the republican party should improve itself. It shows that he doesn't take things for granted.

However in his show on the Lockdown, he is nuts.

Anyway, he doesn't seem to be planning to run for President. Not now, not in 2024.
Why do you think this TV guy would be candidate?
There are many pro-Trump TV presenters who could be as well.

You too could be.

Kayne West could be.

Since Trump became president, anyone can be president. Absolutely any-one.