Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fact-Checking Trump's Tweets
That's maybe the most ridiculous story since Trump is at the White House.

Why would you want to fact-check a tweet posted by the most famous comedian in the world? It's stupid!
Of course his tweets are BS...   Doh

reuters Wrote:Twitter for the first time added fact-check labels on Trump tweets after he made unsubstantiated claims on Tuesday about mail-in voting, attaching a blue exclamation mark alert to warn his claims were false

Trump Wrote:We will strongly regulate   S12
Developing: Big News! President Trump to Sign Executive Order on “Social Media” Thursday Morning

Make sure you read the following: EXCLUSIVE: Media Matters and Soros 2017-2020 Media Assault Plan Exposed Including ‘Trump War Room’ Operations, #BrockGate

I doubt this was a spur of the moment decision by Trump, he gave them enough rope to hang themselves and they did.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
(05-27-2020, 05:58 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: That's maybe the most ridiculous story since Trump is at the White House.

Why would you want to fact-check a tweet posted by the most famous comedian in the world? It's stupid!
Of course his tweets are BS...   Doh

You should understand by now, the strategy that Trump uses to combat the media. The complicit MSM is the propaganda arm of the Democrat party, and his tweets are meant to enrage them and force them to respond. The use of tweets to inform is not the main goal. Reagan could go around the media by talking directly to the people, but then, the media covered his statements. Trump can't do that because the MSM refuses to cover him fairly.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-twitt...SKBN2340MW
These Internet companies have no one but themselves to blame.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
WmLambert Wrote:The use of tweets to inform is not the main goal.
I agree with this.
Trump is a genius because he is the first chief of state to make daily use of social media. Other politicians did it before him but not the president of a country, and not so systematically.

He doesn't do that to inform. really there isn't much information in his tweets. He does that to gain popularity and it works. That's why he's a genius and why he will be elected twice.

The problem with that, is that he ridiculed the image of the US abroad. I don't think Americans realize because even the democrats didn't talk about that. Well, some democrats are even more ridiculous than him, so, no hope from their side...

Using tweeter on daily, or even on a hourly basis, in such improvised manner, already doesn't look serious for the president of a country, especially the US. But when the POTUS tweets constantly, stupid and inappropriate comments, then he, and the whole country, and all of you, look ridiculous to those who look at you from outside.

There was a time when the US cared a lot about their image on the global stage. Now it seems that they don't give a damn anymore.
Trump is not the worse president. Not even the second worse after war criminal GWB. He is even a decent president despite his few mistakes. But he is by far the most comical, the most laughed at, the most cartoonish head of state in the world and ever.
(The Second is Kim Yon Un, the third is the King of Thailand.)

Think about that. If you care how other perceive you president, your government and therefore your country and your people, you have to believe what I wrote.

Canuckelhead Wrote:These Internet companies have no one but themselves to blame.Now to get back to the topic:

Yes. They should have acted as soon as he started trolling. I think it's great that finally Twitter (and I hope Facebook will follow) has the courage to flag his inappropriate comments. Enough is enough. Anonymously, he would have been banned on any political forum on the internet (except here), a long time ago.

No matter he is The President or not, a troll is a troll! Gah
(05-29-2020, 05:08 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: ...Trump is not the worse president. Not even the second worse after war criminal GWB. He is even a decent president despite his few mistakes. But he is by far the most comical, the most laughed at, the most cartoonish head of state in the world and ever.
(The Second is Kim Yon Un, the third is the King of Thailand.)

Your list is somewhat comical, itself. Trump is highly respected worldwide - and the only ranking that makes sense is to put him as the greatest president of all time. The worst presidents include mostly Democrats: Wilson, Carter, Clinton, and Obama. LBJ and FDR were also bad. Nixon was far better than the pundits say, and Bush 43 was far better than the MSM portrayal of him.
Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

No. 5 "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

The Left has ridiculed Republican presidents starting with Nixon, it part of their plan to turn people against the president.
WmLambert Wrote:Trump is highly respected worldwide -
S3 S13 S2 S6 S3  S2 S12  S13  S2 S3

WmLambert Wrote:The worst presidents include mostly Democrats: Wilson, Carter, Clinton, and Obama. LBJ and FDR were also bad. Nixon was far better than the pundits say
I like you balanced, non-partisan political opinions. LOL. 

Had Trump happenned to be in the Democrat Party when he decided to be President, as he had been in the past, he would also be The Worse President Ever.
Why Trump was found in the Republican Party just at this time is a mystery.
I think Hillary didn't let him. So he went there.

WmLambert Wrote:Bush 43 was far better
Who is Bush 43?

Angry to see his tweets flagged like an anonymous troll, Trump creates his own smartphone app.
Like this no progressive will disturb ever-Trumper anymore. Everybody can repeat the same thing again and again without anyone to argue. People will be even more convinced than ever in this hermetic bubble.

See more riots in the future.

Now why Mark Zuckerberg didn't act against Trump's trolling? Because the goal of Facebook is already the same as Trump's MAGA App: To herd people with the same opinions in separate cyber-enclosures so that they talk with each others and read what they want to read and meet only people with the same views. Like that everybody think they are the smartest because they are right. And think Facebook is a great place to be.
(It just doesn't work well when you talk about Islam because moderators are 1/3 World's muslims)

Trump's App will be a sort of Facebook with only one discussion group.
I doubt Trump even writes his own tweets.

(06-02-2020, 05:50 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: ...Who is Bush 43?

Bush 41's son.
WmLambert Why 43 and 41?
(06-03-2020, 12:06 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: WmLambert Why 43 and 41?
Numbering in chronological order.   

Here is #1 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xKLmQGhwc

As for the ratings... very biased. Objectively, the best president was #9, William Henry Harrison, he did the right thing.
(06-03-2020, 12:16 PM)mv Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 12:06 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: WmLambert Why 43 and 41?
Numbering in chronological order.   

Here is #1 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xKLmQGhwc

As for the ratings... very biased.  Objectively, the best president was #9, William Henry Harrison, he did the right thing.

I think we are witnessing a concerted Left Wing insurrection with total anarchy the objective.  And they are going to force Trump to call out the Guard and hopefully shoot a bunch of those "lovely, caring, considerate" Left Wingers who are only trying to protest against the Orange Dictator.

And if you don't think so, the latest is that MacDaddy is going to go live this evening and make a speech.  Can you guess what this speech will be about?

I wonder if the authorities have been listening in on Soros and other Collectivist plotters?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
Quote:I think we are witnessing a concerted Left Wing insurrection with total anarchy the objective.

This is a part of it.

Actually we are witnessing an amalgamation of different factions with different goals.

There is far Left for sure. Establishment globalists (more D but some R). Organized crime. Unorganized crime. And mixed in everywhere people who are are none of the listed but genuinely unhappy with police (remember the demopublican fellow?).

Again, a repeated scenario. Russia, spring of 1917, everyone agreeing on removing the czar, but not on anything else. Shall the rebs win they will fight each other, until a new fuehrer steps in.

perhaps this one.. only a mustache to go grow.
Sanders 2020

(06-03-2020, 04:19 PM)mv Wrote:
Quote:I think we are witnessing a concerted Left Wing insurrection with total anarchy the objective. 

This is a part of it. 

Actually we are witnessing an amalgamation of different factions with different goals.

There is far Left for sure.  Establishment globalists (more D but some R).  Organized crime.  Unorganized crime.  And mixed in everywhere people who are are none of the listed but genuinely unhappy with police (remember the demopublican fellow?). 

Again, a repeated scenario.  Russia, spring of 1917, everyone agreeing on removing the czar, but not on anything else.  Shall the rebs win they will fight each other, until a new fuehrer steps in.

perhaps this one.. only a mustache to go grow.

First, we are a Long, Long way from being akin to Russia of the early 1900s.

And Second, what in hell is that little twerp doing in the post?! Is she now part of all this too?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
All rotten empires fall the same way.

Quote:First, we are a Long, Long way from being akin to Russia of the early 1900s.

Only in one way : it took nearly four years of a disastrous war to bring R.E. down. US does not need a big push, the rot is far more advanced.

---

Little twerp's agenda is to be relevant. She already had something like COVID... now, expect her to arrive in the US and lead the masses!
Sanders 2020

Canuck Wrote:I doubt Trump even writes his own tweets.
I think he does. Or somebody immitates his style very well.
It doesn't take so much time to write tweets anyway.

I never looked at his facebook page. This one is certainly not written by him because important people never do it.

JL Wrote:I think we are witnessing a concerted Left Wing insurrection with total anarchy the objective.
JohnL, Nowhere it's written that the 2-d Amendment is for Republican voters only...

The truth is that Trump didn't make America Great. People don't riot where it's fine.

Trump's comments about vicious dogs didn't help neither.
But evacuating protesters to be able to pause with a bible in front of a church just add hypocrisy to injury.
(06-03-2020, 05:25 PM)Fredledingue Wrote:
Canuck Wrote:I doubt Trump even writes his own tweets.
I think he does. 
Quite obviously, he does.
Trump again, missed an opportunity to avoid looking like an idiot.
RF Expert Donald Trump Wrote:Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?”

This event is extremely worrying beyond Trump being an idiot (that's still the least troublesome):

Anyone who watched the video once could see very clearly that the device held bu Gugino is a smartphone with a green protective cover (green activist, of course).
It's also obvious from the gestures and positions that the man wasn't scanning police radio frequencies or trying to jam them.
It means nobody checks what Trump is tweeting. Somebody should, because it's urgent. Or block Trump's account for his own good and the good of the nation.
It means that Trump is able to put up or repeat crazy stories, without thinking. This is already not normal but we got, sort of used to it. Well, not yet, and I don't think we will ever be... but it's not that that should worry you the most.

We learn that Trump is listening outlets and journalists controlled by Vladimir Putin. And he is not only listening to but believing them blindly.
Believing them to the point that he retweets their informations on his official, US President, twitter account without double-checking or even asking an aid if it's true or even probable. He tweeted this immediately as he heard it.

This is worrying because Trump must know that this channel is controlled by Putin. He certainly knows. And maybe he is so paranoid about mainstream US media that it's the reason why he believes them.
It means he believes more informations coming from the former chief of the KGB than american journalists.

So, if you want to vote for Trump because you love and defend the USA, IMO there is something you ought to reconsider.

It's even more absurd that, Putin is not Trump's friend anymore. Maybe Trump still think Putin is his friend, but Putin certainly doesn't. Putin supports Iran and Bashar al-Assad, and like Iran and other oil Emirates, he is not too exited that the US became US a top oil producer.

Spreading fake news, knowing that Trump and his supporters will listen, is all you have to do if you want to destabilize the US. It would play against Trump even if he hadn't tweeted this non sens.
The Russian channel wasn't targeting Trump personally. They couldn't foresee or even imagine that Trump would re-tweet this very piece of dis-information. They targeted the pro-Trump audience who would. Not The President himself.

But they were incredibly lucky, beyond any expectation, that Trump was the first troll on the cyberspace to relay their fake news.
It's like winning a lottery when you didn't buy any ticket. Russians should be rolling their eyes and knocking vodka glasses at the same time.

Video here
Play the second video from top. Stop the first video which starts playing automatically.

reuters Wrote:the Republican president cited a report by pro-Trump channel One America News Network, which also offered no evidence. The OANN piece was narrated by a Russian native who has worked for the Kremlin-controlled Sputnik news outlet,

Fact Checks: Trump Tweets Baseless Claims About Injured Buffalo Protester

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Tweets of the First Presidential Debate sunsettommy 3 907 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Last Post: WmLambert
  Border Patrol not checking ID's of aliens well Fit2BThaied 6 1,930 08-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Independents4Bush