Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New lead in Yushchenko poisoning investigation
http://www.5tv.com.ua/eng/newsline/184/0/19267/
Quote:Interior Minister Yuri Lutsenko provided prosecutors with a new lead in the case of last year's poisoning of presidential candidate Viktor Yushchenko.
He made the revelation to the Fakty newspaper. His interview appeared in the paper on Friday. According to the report, Lutsenko said that the "Marianchuk gang" was involved in the poisoning. The Interior Minister said that after the poisoning had occurred, members of the gang began actively exchanging notes and information about the poisoning. The evidence has been handed over to the Prosecutor General's office.

Who hadn't participated in Yushchenko poisoning?
Yanukovich, FSB, Putin, local gangster Marianchuk participated under opinions of ukrainian oficials... IMHO too much for poor Yushchenko... But he is still alive...
Yuschenko is standing at the mirror, ties his tie preparing to go to work. His American wife comes up and he says:
"Honey, would you kiss me goodbye?"
She looks closely at his face... a bit too long perhaps and answers:
"I'd rather blow you."
He has an American wife, or thats just a joke?
No kidding, pal, she is Yankee.
c):o)
Green Wrote:No kidding, pal, she is Yankee.
c):o)

what a terrible marrige choice.
Gunnen4u Wrote:He has an American wife, or thats just a joke?
His second enough young wife is american born ukrainian. She was a part of US help to make Ukraine democratic. She helped ... in traditional woman's way.
:oops:
Green Wrote::oops:
But it's true, S2 She could chose - to be the first lady of Ukraine or last of US... You know result. I still remeber her crying on TV, she couldn't gain ukrainian citizenship after 5 years of marriage with Yushchenko. S2 S2 S2 It was a comedy, local ukrainians took it seriously. I tried to explain them she must refuse american citizenship to obtain ukrainian... It was useless.
She obtained ukrainian citizenship only half-year ago, when she was sure, that Yushchenko is a president.

Gunnen4u Wrote:what a terrible marrige choice.

When she married Yushchenko, he was typical beautiful gigolo. He is gigolo even in politic. Do you remember, who made him a president? Right - Yulia Timoshenko.
I do believe that 50% of a man's success he owes to his woman. Maybe 51% (in case he is brainless). S2
Green Wrote:I do believe that 50% of a man's success he owes to his woman. Maybe 51% (in case he is brainless). S2

If so, whom Boria Moiseyev owes...? :?
Yea, of course, and accorinding to US law, you lose your citizenship when becoming a citizen elsewheres.

I wouldn't give up my US citizenship, and apparently, neither did she.

Difference: She is the moron who wanted to be a Ukrainian.
And who is Boria Moiseyev?
Gay pop-star.
Thanks. Marianchuk?
Gang leader from Odessa.
Gunnen4u Wrote:Yea, of course, and accorinding to US law, you lose your citizenship when becoming a citizen elsewheres.

I wouldn't give up my US citizenship, and apparently, neither did she.

Difference: She is the moron who wanted to be a Ukrainian.
Surely, common run of people is much better that their superiors. Wink1

I wonder is it too hard for her to get the citizenship back ( she still has her family members in the US).
Green Wrote:Surely, common run of people is much better that their superiors. Wink1

I wonder is it too hard for her to get the citizenship back ( she still has her family members in the US).

Once its gone, I think you have to do what everyone else who wants to be a US citizen does.

Frankly, she is a moron for giving it up.
Quote:Yea, of course, and accorinding to US law, you lose your citizenship when becoming a citizen elsewheres.

Not any more. A few years ago the US Supreme Court ruled that a naturally born US citizen can only lose citizenship if they formally renounce it, and that losing citizenship by default (joining a foreign army, working for a foreign government, or obtaining foreign citizenship) was unconstitutional. To renounce US citizenship, a person must leave US territory, and appear before a US Consul and go through the formal procedures of renunciation.

It is true that some countries will not give immigrants citizenship unless a person formally renounces any other citizenship, Sweden is one such country, and it sounds as though Ukraine is another. So, for a (hopefully) brief time, the person is stateless, until their new country gives them citizenship.

Quote:I wonder is it too hard for her to get the citizenship back ( she still has her family members in the US).

I knew a woman who accidently lost her US citizenship before the law was changed. She was a dual US/Mexican citizen, her mother being American and her father being Mexican. She was born in the US, and was automatically made a Mexican citizen according to Mexican law because of her father's nationality. When she was 18, she received a letter from the Mexican government saying that if she wanted to retain her Mexican citizenship she should sign and return a form. So, not realizing the danger, she signed the form, lost her US citizenship, and was temporarily deported. She had to got through the entire immigration procedures, and needed 5 years to get back her citizenship.

But, that law was declared invalid by the US Supreme Court. Anyone born a US citizen, can not lose their citizenship against their will.

-S
Awesome! Thanks for the corrections.

However, I wouldn't want to re-nounce it anyhow.

So, according to the new law, one could go and lets say, join the Israeli Army because they are Jewish (all Jews have a right to Israeli citizenship) and not lose their US citizenship?
Back on track:

So, Khruschev is a model for Yushchenko's tactics today?