Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus Threat
Not sure how bad this will wind up becoming, but it is the latest in the threat that viruses are capable of causing.  I keep being reminded of plague novels by Michael Crichton and Douglas Preston.  And in the meantime its doing what viruses do best: mutate.

-Here's a general description: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

Coronavirus Pandemic Event Now A Serious Risk

[Image: virus-300x208.jpg]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
Coronavirus Is Worse Than You've Been Told: Scientist Explains

Coronavirus Pandemic Spreading: Update #2 From Scientist Chris Martenson
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
This Coronavirus threat is very worrisome, in that it is now world wide, and growing.  If I didn't know better I'd almost imagine a direct connection with Michael Crichton's "The Andromeda Strain, or Richard Preston's "The Hot Zone".

As for me, I find it hard to believe that this Chinese facility isn't a biological weapons lab.  And why is the PRC out of basic medical supplies, and asking for help from other countries?  What happened to their stockpile of items that they almost certainly would have on hand?  After all, they officially claim there to be only 8000 infected cases, with 133 survivals, and 170 deaths.  It just doesn't all up, and I personally suspect the 'official' numbers to be far less than the Chinese want the world to know. 

Here's a very good article about all this from Electroverse.net: WUHAN CORONAVIRUS (2019-NCOV) — WHAT THE MSM IS FAILING TO REPORT, AND HOW THE OFFICIAL NUMBERS SIMPLY DON’T ADD-UP.  The article is very enlightening, not in what we do know, but what we don't know. 

I highly recommend it to everyone because it addresses the situation with questions that need answers.  Questions such as "Why, or how is it that the Wuhan Lab is only 20 miles from where the official outbreak is given"? 

And here's another thought: once the virus spreads world wide, just how many mutations will also spread out?  Viruses naturally mutate at an alarming rate.

[Image: 23795084-7922379-image-a-8_1579817036564...C365&ssl=1]
JohnL, Do you think this pandemic will be (finally) the "good" one? S5
(02-01-2020, 08:28 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: JohnL, Do you think this pandemic will be (finally) the "good" one? S5

What "good one" are you referring to Fred?
[Image: uqRqy5L.jpg]
"EXTINCTION LEVEL"  Shock

Short of one million dead per year, I won't worry.
(02-02-2020, 06:13 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: "EXTINCTION LEVEL"  Shock

Short of one million dead per year, I won't worry.

Its just Natural Selection in action. In this case the mortality rate is under 50%. And being a virus, it will mutate, most likely one that is less effective. Those who live to tell the tale will pass their genes on and more will be immune to the pathogen.
Here it rather kills the rare persons who are not immune and leaves everybody else alive.
Here's some of the latest from China.

Already more than 24,000 deaths from coronavirus?

According to the Taiwan News,  Tencent showed confirmed cases of coronavirus in China at 154,023 on its webpage “Epidemic Situation Tracker.” That number is 10 times the official figure at the time. Tencent listed the number of suspected cases as 79,808, four times the official figure.

Most ominously, the death toll listed was 24,589 Shock , vastly higher than the 300 officially listed that day.

The number of cured cases was only 269.

Are these the true figures? I don’t know. But the Chinese government’s panic and the way they have quarantined entire cities definitely makes me wonder.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594
It wouldn't be surprising that they hid the number. Yet, in this case it looks more like a computer glitch. If the Chinese government wanted to hid this number, they wouldn't let it reach a computer network. It's very unlikely that the people maintaining these website have access to the true numbers. Or it's not the Communist Party anymore...

Anyway even 150 000 cases and 25 000 dead is still not apocalyptic for a so severely overpopulated area.
Only if the number keep increasing rapidly then it's worrying.
Computer glich with the Chinese? Zero Hedge questions the numbers.

Did China's Tencent Accidentally Leak The True Terrifying Coronavirus Statistics
Coronavirus: Over Fifty Thousand New Infections Per Day?
Coronavirus - BBC News
And this from AltMarket.com. This is going to get really serious around the world as a result of the misinformation coming out of PRC. Its much bigger than they want you to know.

Great article below. Its lengthy but well worth taking the time to read. It will cause you to worry about the near future.

The Lies We Are Being Told About The Coronavirus
Interresting. But it's unlikely that it was the true number kept secret by the governement.

If you follow the explaination in the article:
zerohedge Wrote:as repeatedly pointed out here and according to multiple sources in Wuhan, many coronavirus patients are unable to receive treatment and die outside of hospitals. Furthermore, a severe shortage of test kits also leads to a lower number of diagnosed cases of infection and death. In addition, there have been many reports of doctors being ordered to list other forms of death instead of coronavirus to keep the death toll artificially low.

Then, it's impossible to have a precise estimate or even a remote estimate.

The exact number - probably unkown but maybe known to some degree of aproximation - can't materially reach the network by mistake.

The idea of somebody writing it manually is interresting. But it's also unlikely that a person that a person working for the website would be at the same time working for the medical data collection.
Five Britons (Great Britain is US politics since Brexit, isn't it?) have spread coronavirus to others across Europe. S11

The most worrying is that the village were they started the new strain, is called, after translation into English, The Contaminated Montjoie.

Of course they went there!

reuters Wrote:the virus, stayed with a group of holidaymakers for four days in the chalet in Les Contamines-Montjoie late last month.
(02-09-2020, 04:42 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: Five Britons (Great Britain is US politics since Brexit, isn't it?) have spread coronavirus to others across Europe. S11

The most worrying is that the village were they started the new strain, is called, after translation into English, The Contaminated Montjoie.

Of course they went there!

reuters Wrote:the virus, stayed with a group of holidaymakers for four days in the chalet in Les Contamines-Montjoie late last month.

Fred, are you insinuating that this Brit may have spread the virus on purpose? Or did he accidentally help spread the virus unintentionally?
JL Wrote:Fred, are you insinuating that this Brit may have spread the virus on purpose?

I don't know!!! They would not be the first: climate change activists are welcoming the potential epidemic and are beginning to lick doorknobs

Seriously: Of course not. (You have to zigzag between humour, sarcasm and serious content in my posts)
(02-09-2020, 05:25 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: Seriously: Of course not. (You have to zigzag between humour, sarcasm and serious content in my posts)

That's what we have the two emojis  SpitefulS5 , for.  Insert one of them into the post, and everyone will know what you mean.  S22

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Novel coronavirus ramolasachin 1 91 05-10-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: John L