Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Va Jackasses' War Against 2nd Amendment
I don't believe I have posted anything about this yet, but this really deserves a thread of its own.  So here goes.......... S24

Virginia Jackasses, and the newly elected Jackass Governor, have been making waves about clamping down on the citizen's right to be armed so as to defend themselves against the State. 

Quote:As Virginia governor vows new gun control push, capitol braces for protests

It is unclear how many people will attend the Jan. 20 rally in Richmond. State police are already making security plans, aiming to avoid a repeat of the chaos seen in Charlottesville in 2017, when a march by white nationalists erupted in violence that led to the death of a counter-protester.

The legislative bills that Northam’s administration is backing include universal background checks on gun sales, a ban on assault-style rifles, and passing “red flag” laws that would allow courts and local law enforcement to remove guns from people deemed a risk to communities.

It is not Northam’s first effort at tightening the state’s gun laws. He called a special legislative session last summer after the massacre of 12 people in Virginia Beach, but the Republicans who then controlled it refused to vote on his proposals.

“The measures I proposed did not receive a hearing,” Northam said in an address when newly elected lawmakers first convened on Wednesday. “Virginians watched. They saw what happened, and they were appalled. So they changed the legislature.”

The change in legislative control has made Virginia a key target for people on both sides of the gun-rights debate, one of America’s most polarizing issues.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, which is organizing the rally, hopes that a large turnout by gun-rights proponents, most of whom will be openly carrying weapons as allowed by state law, will persuade lawmakers not to back the measures, according to materials posted online by the group.

City council passes resolution to make Virginia Beach a Second Amendment ‘constitutional’ city
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
The interesting thing is that the killings all took place at Virginia Beach. But the city council just recently voted to make itself a Sanctuary City for 2nd Amendment rights.

City council passes resolution to make Virginia Beach a Second Amendment ‘constitutional’ city
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
Virginia may be an example of the country as a whole. As the media has succumbed to the blandishments of the Left and the failure of education, it seems the only cultural drift is engendered by the tunnel-visioned activists on the Left. Everyone else is too busy living real lives to do more than act against them with part-time reactiveism. The herd in the middle are content to be misinformed and not be able to name their vice-president, or even their own local representatives. It's a shame, but totally relevant when designing tactics and a battle front to hold against them. The microcosm of Virginia is tainted by the proximity to DC, as well. I'm not sure how the addition of relocated populations being moved into the state had changed demographics, but that may also be a change agent.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Jackasses Being Jackasses" Thread John L 410 186,587 05-21-2020, 10:58 PM
Last Post: John L