• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Bloomberg Buys the Word "Climate"
When Capitalism buys even words.... LOL.  Spiteful

So far, I thought Trump was the best or the least worse, of all candidates:
- Sanders: Too old / Communist
- Warren: Communist
- Biden: Involved in a corruption scandal in Ukraine
- Buttigieg: Too Young

Beside Trump, there is no republican candidates to speak of...

Then enters Bloomberg. And THIS is the guy, Ever-Trumpers would love to see ruling the US.
He is Trump multiplied 50x.

Imagine that he bought all the internet add keywords related to climate change. He's a genius. Much better than Trump. Imagine when this guy will start tweeting...
Let alone all his financial TV channels and newspapers.

Unfortunately you will be forbidden to vote for him by your medulla, (the part of your brain responsible for autonomic functions such as breathing, heart rate and blood pressure,...) because he will run as a democrat candidate. S4

It's really amazing that typical republican Bloomberg may be the next democrat president just because  the republican candidacy is already owned by Trump.
Mike Bloomberg Wrote:I’m spending all my money to get rid of Trump,
First lie of his career: He is spending only 1% of his money. Still a huge amount nobody is able to match. + He can use his own TV chanels.

I don't think he will be better than Trump as policies are concerned. It's more likely to be the same.
I also don't think it's the role of a billionaire to be President. Their role is to fund the president they like. Not to buy their way to the White House.

However he has the advantage over Trump to look like a US President.
And for those who wants, he is a possible alternative:

Mike Bloomberg Wrote:Whether you like it or not, you can’t win the election unless you get moderate Republicans to cross the line. The others are much too liberal for them and they would certainly vote for Donald Trump.
As I said before, he is a republican in a democrat suit.

I still have to read more about his program to see if I can take the fun to praise him on this forum. S5

Number one priority is to get rid of Donald Trump
Bloomberg is wealthy, but not very smart. I think he has proved his ineligibility to be a national leader. He can be a boss and rule over people and makee them kowtow to his whims, but he is no Trump.
WmLambert, If he is elected why would he be ineligible?
If Trump could be president, why Bloomberg couldn't? It the logic behind this story in fact. Bloomberg thought, if Trump can be President, why I couldn't be?"

I'm not pro-Bloomberg. It's not healthy for democracy that people can buy their way to the White House.

So far my favorite contender to oppose Trump is Buttigiek. He is young and moderate. (Just learned today he was gay -LOL-)
Others, including Bloomberg are nearly 80. Sanders is a living fossile.

Maybe it sounds irrelevant to you to have a favorite to oppose Trump and even an oxymoron to have a "democrat favorite", but Trump's legitimacy depends on the credibility of his opponents.
Not ineligible to be elected. Ineligible to deserve being elected. The only Dem candidate that seemed even remotely palatable was Miss "I choose Love," Marianne Williamson - and she was a joke.
Michael Mini-Mike Bloomberg Wrote:It shouldn’t be this easy to distract the President of the United States.”
S2 By these few words, he summed up perfectly Trump's character.
(01-24-2020, 04:20 PM)Fredledingue Wrote:
Michael Mini-Mike Bloomberg Wrote:It shouldn’t be this easy to distract the President of the United States.”
S2 By these few words, he summed up perfectly Trump's character.

You don't think he might be looking in the mirror? Spiteful
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
JohnL. No. Because Mini Mike is not President. Trump, when he was just a free entrepreneur could say what he wanted. Now as POTUS, he has to be behave like a POTUS. He doesn't do that. He still behaves like he wasn't.
He is not doing his job. it's like he was happy to be elected, then walked away with his smartphone and spend time tweeting comment on daily news.
Trump's job is to provide leadership, a concept Europeans fail to understand.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
(01-30-2020, 05:46 PM)Fredledingue Wrote:
...Trump, when he was just a free entrepreneur could say what he wanted. Now as POTUS, he has to be behave like a POTUS. He doesn't do that. He still behaves like he wasn't.

He may be the first President in generations to really behave like a President should - not as a mere politician.

One thing one cannot challenge is that Trump does not behave like a President should.
Yes, then I fail to understand your concept of "President". S1
Trump acts like a great CEO/General, e.g. Henry Ford I, Henry Ford II, Montgomery, Patton, and MacArthur.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
(02-01-2020, 08:32 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: Yes, then I fail to understand your concept of "President". S1

Fred, the US government is limited by the US Constitution and its 'balance of powers' that each of the three branches have. The president is the leader, but he is restricted in what he can do. The legislature covets its powers, and will fight to keep the president from grabbing more influence. And the courts interpret the law and pass judgement on how the country is being run.

The Founding Fathers were deeply fearful and distrustful of one branch ruling over the others, so they wrote into the Constitution the provision that keeps one from controlling the others. Its worked pretty well so far. S5
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
JL Wrote:Its worked pretty well so far.
I agree. The Trump impeachment mechanism is one good exemple. I hope it will serves as a reminder for the next presidents to come.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bloomberg WmLambert 7 852 12-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Last Post: WmLambert
  Vladimir Lenin's "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back&quot John L 2 2,283 12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Last Post: John L
  Walter Williams Makes Points on Oklahoma "Sedition&quot Palladin 6 3,467 07-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Palladin
  Why the Word Conservative Is Such A Terrible Word In the US John L 5 1,592 10-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Last Post: John L