Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Constitution
i am now convinced that most within this website world are fiscally conservative and don’t think Venezuela is the answer. So, as a greater percentage of the educated world how do we convey that thought? Here it is: when you raise taxes in regards to a shoe. A shoe needs rubber, fabric, and leather. So a cow that produces feed needs food that is taxed at 9.25% (Tennessee rate). A tanner needs 9.25%. The distribution company needs 9.25%. The trucking company needs 9.25%. After all that does a tax increase really equal the set value? Hell NO! A tax rate steals from the hardworking American people at an exponential rate.
I'll go along with that. S22
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
Middle-man taxing is complicated. Most activity isn't taxed on everything touched, but on gross accomplishment. A farmer isn't taxed on how many grains of wheat is produced, but by the total. if a thousand bushels of wheat is sold and taxed, the amount that goes into one box of cereal is negligible. What is more, the more middle-men help to move the product along, the value is increased, because no farmer can get his own crops to every grocery store. IOW, the value added is far greater than any taxes paid incrementally. If a farmer had to cook and box and ship to individual stores, he couldn't do it. The Free Market allows the cost of the help to be amortized. VAT taxes have always been a bad idea.

On top of that, many in the supply chain are afforded tax-breaks by localities in order to provide jobs and income taxes of employees. In general, our Free Enterprise system should maximize profit by minimizing costs. The Laffer Curve points to how tax for taxation sake is a bad idea.
This thread needs to be moved to an appropriate section of the site. This area is for tech stuff and testing new features and alerting me to things that break. Please move it.
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
Screw you joan. Adults are talking here. Reality is that tax changes affect the bottom line. Increased taxes impact all. Increased taxes hurt all.
(02-09-2020, 12:41 AM)OMGitzHIM Wrote: Screw you joan. Adults are talking here. Reality is that tax changes affect the bottom line. Increased taxes impact all. Increased taxes hurt all.

Be nice to Joan. She is the person who administers this site, and keeps it in working order.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”