Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hong Kong - Unrest
Unrest in Hong Kong continues...

Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor 林鄭月娥 who is the Chief Executive of Hong Kong becomes more and more a hate figure.

Most people want her to be gone - despite not sure who might be the next 'Beijing puppet'. 

Hooligans - you cannot even call them protesters anymore - are walking around in Hong Kong, destroying public property, fighting with police...

The dislike of Carrie Lam cannot be denied - even not within the Legislative Councel 香港特別行政區立法會
There are still opposition lawmakers there and they make a lot of noise. Just a chaos...

It makes no sense to post any link to videos of these meetings - all I have seen are edited, either pro-Beijing or pro-opposition, on the streets either for protesters (some are truly hooligans, destructive people) - others are edited to please the police...

Chinese can become very violent in Hong Kong fighting it out, not so much difference to some Korean demonstrations in the past.

No idea how it will continue... the future is unclear.

-----

For sure it might turn out to become a huge financial loss for HongKong, as this city administration cannot be trusted any more.

Plenty of damages...and not sure what any investor will think about it...

If it would be a cheap place...but it is not. HongKong is very expensive and maybe not worth to invest anything there, some few decades more and it will become nothing else but another large city in China.

-----

Here in Japan we have now other problems, but I can image that some large foreign companies might switch over to Japan, still the best and safest place here in Asia, if you ask me. We will see.

There is no pro- and no contra activity going on in Japan about Hong Kong.

Just waiting...
Waiting seems to become the Japanese political way for many issues...about North Korea, recently even about South Korea... Russia, Taiwan, China etc.

Just waiting...
[Image: 21669374-7743323-image-a-3_1575193871066-905.jpg]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -