Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Creepy Line: Out of Control!
The IT Revolution has many, many advantages to an ever growing modern technical society.  But what are the negative aspects to all this, and how can one protect his/her privacy and Individuality?  That's the Big Question, because there are several IT monopolies that have the potential to initiate the ultimate Utopian nightmare.

Well, I read this today on P.J.Media: Trump: Google 'Should Be Sued' for Manipulating 'from 2.6 Million to 16 Million Votes for Hillary', and I am again reminded of the 20th Century Science Fiction Utopia worlds that led to the polar opposite.  Growing up, I read Brave New World as a class assignment, and along with 1984, they had a profound effect on my mental outlook.  I found it all Very Frightening, and turned away from other similar works that were also making the rounds during the 50s-60s.  I used to have nightmares about the possibilities.  And it wasn't until I later held my breath and read Arthur C. Clarkes's "Childhood's End" that I considered myself over the nightmare scenario.  Now I view all this as a moral war that needs to be fought and defeated at all costs.  

Anyway, our present IT monopolies have been drifting that way, with the latest being this last presidential election, where the Google-Facebook efforts to very nearly help produce a win for The Beast.  The whole thing is frightening beyond belief to me.  Anyway a Democrat, one Robert Epstein, wrote a study he conducted and this has gotten Trump's attention: A Method for Detecting Bias in Search Rankings, with Evidence
of Systematic Bias Related to the 2016 Presidential Election1

Quote:Last month, a Google whistleblower told Project Veritas that Google News results are intentionally biased against Trump. This confirms the results of an unscientific test on Google News bias run by PJ Media editor Paula Bolyard last year (tweeted out by Trump himself), and a more scientific study also suggesting bias. The Google News slant is not a conspiracy theory, though Google of course denies manipulating results. After all, Google employees heavily favor Democrats in their political donations.

More than 90 percent of political contributions from employees of Alphabet, Google's parent company, have gone to Democrats since 2004. In 2018, 96 percent went to Democrats.

Yet Google bias may not always be liberal. All Americans should be concerned about Google's ability to interfere in elections, and a former Google engineer said the company will try to prevent Trump's reelection. This should worry all Americans, no matter what they think about Trump.

Even so, the president is correct: Google's bias makes his victory even more significant.

The Creepy Line Trailer
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710
Also, John Stossel completely agrees with this.

Google and Facebook Cross "The Creepy Line"
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creepy Joe - Is That His Only Problem? John L 19 756 04-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: John L