Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey Prefers the S-400 anti-aircraft over the F35 aircraft
Turkey prefers aquiring a russian system designed to shot down the F35, than flying F35's which will be shot down by this system.
Logical.

But they must be sure that the choice is the right one. Is the S-400 really capable of shooting down a F35?

The other question: What air fighter jet will Turkey have in the future? Mig, Sukhoi, Yakovlev...?

Erdogan Wrote:Out of the question” for Turkey to back away from its deal with Moscow.
But perfectly OK to back off from the deal with the US.

Personally, I'm glad Erdogan took this stupid decision so that this new technology will remain mostly in friendly hands.  S27
Two things you got wrong here:

Quote:But perfectly OK to back off from the deal with the US.

Erdogan never did. Trump did.

Quote:Is the S-400 really capable of shooting down a F35?

Wrong question; one should ask if S-400 can shoot down F16 or Mirage. F35 is not a plane, it is a milking device.

More interesting question is if Trump going to refund the money that Turks invested into F35... I suspect he will yet again whine about the US being mistreated and wiggle out....
Sodomia delenda est

oops, missed this one:

Quote:The other question: What air fighter jet will Turkey have in the future? Mig, Sukhoi, Yakovlev...?

This would have been pretty much up to Erdogan, whatever is to his liking ... Putin said a few times that he will supply if asked too ...
but ever since Friday I cannot be sure if Putin's promise is sufficient, quite probably this needs one more person to agree.

===

Here is a question for you : do you have an idea just where S-400 are to be deployed ? S6 I think I know. S6
Turkish Syria?
(06-10-2019, 07:09 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: Turkish Syria?

I suspect Cyprus .. lol .. Turkish Cyprus.
(And I'm sure there are safeguards of different types to ensure that S-400 are not used against Russian aircraft... or Syrian.)
Of course Turksih Cyprus. I forgot about that one. S5 But, pointed in the direction of Greece or Israel?
(06-11-2019, 05:55 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: Of course Turksih Cyprus. I forgot about that one. S5 But, pointed in the direction of Greece or Israel?

LOL. I don't think it needs to be pointed in a particular direction. And Yes, both are threats, as well as the Americans, Brits, and -- much less likely -- EU.

If the Under-Sultan gets a second S-400, another good spot would be around his palace (I'm guessing he has a palace?) .. to guard against Trumpoidal aircraft and drones sent to murder him. 

===

Incidentally, it was mentioned that the Turkish stake in the kindaflying milking device is being given to Lockheed-Martin-Israel, whatever this means. Which should add to his dislike for the Israelis.
You mean, Israel will purchase F35's with money paid by turkey? Buying something with other's money => Typically Jewish. S1
No clue, I did not try to understand the exact meaning of the announcement.

Not the most interesting subject now that the Turks seem to be committed to S-400 and Trump has to retaliate.

The next round of S-400 is India and there Trump has slightly better chances -- let's watch.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iraqi Document -Spraying Bio agents Via Aircraft - PDF File Palladin 2 815 07-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Palladin
  British Paratroops without Aircraft Gunnen4u 2 1,090 12-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Gunnen4u
  Putin sells Iskander anti-aircraft missiles to Syria WmLambert 46 11,287 10-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Palladin