Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allergy Season Blues
I used to be allergic to Nothing out there.  I can remember hordes of people suffering from something that I never felt.  But not any longer.  For the last four to five years now, I have been noticing a slow accumulation of things that have caused my sinuses to protest to me.  

I think it is a slow accumulation of "OldFartitus".  And this spring is by far the worst case of allergies I have ever experienced.  Holy Cow!  I'm going to need to see my care provider real soon.  

I didn't realize just how bad things have gotten until today's news.  Now I'm afraid to go outside and appreciate the rebirth of nature.   S11

Here is what the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area where I live looks.  

[Image: $]

And when it rains, just look at what the water droplets stir up.  This has got to be one of the most unbelievable springs in decades.

[Image: $]

Unexpectedly massive amount of pollen comes out of falling tree #MrPakTrends Insurance

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Here's yet one more example of what we are suffering here in the South.  I have never seen pollen levels like this in my entire life.  I'm serious.  This video is of Lake Jordan, which is just a few miles from where I live.  Can you imagine why allergies are going off the charts here?  I've never had allergies before, but this spring has been a living hell for me.  Shock

You guys in the MidWest and Canada, when the snow melts, I hope you don't have to go through this special kind of Hell.

RAW VIDEO: Pollen covers Jordan Lake near Highway 64

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
I once had a severe allergic reaction to timothy grass pollen that was so bad I dreaded summer and loved going out to sea in July. In the early 1980s, an Allergist started me on allergy shots three times a week in the offseason, I'm now nearly 100% cured.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones.