Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow Vests
Video 
The Yellow Vest movement continues.

Police is extremely violent against them. There are dozen of similar videos. People beaten for no reason. These scenes happen every week in France.
People don't understand the government.

https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/...e=5CA16DD8
(03-31-2019, 05:50 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: The Yellow Vest movement continues.

Police is extremely violent against them. There are dozen of similar videos. People beaten for no reason. These scenes happen every week in France.
People don't understand the government.

Perhaps they understand the government better than you think. Spiteful
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710
But more importantly, perhaps it is the Macron government that doesn't understand the quicksand it has jumped into. Shock

Lost eyes... hands blown off: Injuries from 'yellow vest' clashes with French police mount

And also, perhaps it is the Macron government, who like Frau Merkel, have pushed all aspects of globalism, and open borders so as to allow the absolute worst to invade the mainland, and carry their religion of "Love And Peace" with them.

J.P.Watson "Got It" three and one half months ago. Maybe Macron is finding things dawn in his brain, but its probably too late.

The Truth About the 'Yellow Vest' Protests
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
LOL.

Maybe it is somehow related to globalism, but in fairness it is not entirely clear what the movement is and what it really tries to achieve. The initial trigger seemingly was diesel costs, now it is everything.

It may be simply France -- perhaps a bit of rioting is in their national character?

Was 1968 caused by globalism? Or 1848? Or 1789- ?

And yes, Macron is getting progressively more violent.
Sanders 2020

I was a great fan of Macron before he was elected. Since he has disgusted me. It's so sad to see how he reacts or doesn't react to all this.
The typical politician who ignores problems they don't want to see.
Fred Wrote:I was a great fan of Macron before he was elected. Since he has disgusted me. It's so sad to see how he reacts or doesn't react to all this.
The typical politician who ignores problems they don't want to see.

"President Macron never says he is sorry for those who have lost an eye or a hand... from extreme police brutality. Instead, he asked the French parliament to pass a law that almost completely abolishes the right to protest and the presumption of innocence, and that allows the arrest of anyone, anywhere, even without cause. The law was passed."

Too bad Gadstone Inst. doesn't realize that the French are still living under Napoleonic Law, which means that "presumption of Innocence" is not part of it. France never had a Magna Carta to guarantee such things.
JOhnL, Its' Gladstone's interpretation and it's exagerated. There is no way France can abolish the right to protest, That would be unthinkabe. There is one protest a day in Paris alone. Tourists who visit Paris have many chance to see a protest anytime they come.

I don't know about the the presumption of innocence. I'm not a lawyer. But this or something of that effect seems also unlikely.

Laws macron is passing a more small details which makes easier to crush the Yellow Vest movement or other revolts. The Yellow Vest movement is slowly dissipating. It was a temporary event anyway.

The french government has been terribly afraid of it. And the Belgian government too when it spread to Belgium. The violence of the repression has been unheard of in western Europe since ww2.
Nay 68 was more violent, But then the protesters were more violent too. The Yellow Vests were much more peaceful, but the police reaction was disproportionate.

It's democracy as long as nobody dares to complain.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christopher Hitchens on Niger "Yellow Cake" Palladin 4 1,025 07-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Palladin