Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rep. Omar and her brother
Well, and ugly personal attack on Ms. Omar, perhaps a revenge for attacks on the Dong Kong? 

DID ILHAN OMAR MARRY HER BROTHER?

the accusation of course is ridiculous to the extreme:

There is no law that forbids an adult person to have relations with a sibling.
(or, if there is, it is unconstitutional.)
It is always better to have relations within a marriage than outside.

It is so biblical.
Sanders 2020

Most western nations have laws against marriage of siblings. It is called incest. If fact, in most places, marriage of first cousins is illegal.
Ron, I know what incest is! Unfortunately, only theoretically, never had a sister S4 S6

But honestly, would you rather see Rep. Omar living in sin with her brother or being legally married to him?

Besides, the way we are going (down S6), it would not be long before new reading of the Constitution would make it fully legal. The pathway is obvious: the initial reason why incest was outlawed was based on misunderstood genetics. This surely does not apply to same sex marriages... thus, at least for those there is no grounds to keep the ban. And since one cannot discriminate, this should apply to all marriages.

Now,... I wish Rep. Omar makes this point.....
Sanders 2020

(03-16-2019, 12:56 AM)mv Wrote: Rob, I know what incest is! Unfortunately, only theoretically, never had a sister S4  S6

Ah, but maybe your brother has some tales to tell?

JK
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
What misunderstood genetics? It is a scientifically valid concern that a couple that is too close genetically will be likely to have many serious genetic flaws duplicated, so they will be expressed in the offspring. There are hundreds of genetic flaws that have been identified in the typical human genome. The only thing keeping us going as a race is that most genetic flaws have to be doubled to be expressed. Look at what happened to the royal families of Europe, after generations of inbreeding--with so many cases of insanity and various debilitating physical maladies.
Quote: It is a scientifically valid concern that a couple that is too close genetically will be likely to have many serious genetic flaws

Not at all. Flaws would only show up if a couple happens to share a bad recessive gene. Usually, they don't.

Generally, line breeding (siblings with siblings) is safe for 30-50 generations at least ... the problem that comes up after that is the uniformity.

Quote: Look at what happened to the royal families of Europe

Well, they did have one particularly bad gene. Egyptian rulers -- who actually used line breeding for about ten generations --- did fine.

And the current European (as well as American) elites managed to degenerate much quicker without much inbreeding!

So perhaps it is not genetics at all, but the absence of selection ?
Sanders 2020

(03-16-2019, 07:22 PM)mv Wrote:
Quote: It is a scientifically valid concern that a couple that is too close genetically will be likely to have many serious genetic flaws

Not at all.   Flaws would only show up if a couple happens to share a bad recessive gene.  Usually, they don't.  

Generally, line breeding (siblings with siblings) is safe for 30-50 generations at least ... the problem that comes up after that is the uniformity.

Quote: Look at what happened to the royal families of Europe

Well, they did have one particularly bad gene.   Egyptian rulers -- who actually used line breeding for about ten generations --- did fine.

And the current European (as well as American) elites managed to degenerate much quicker without much inbreeding!

So perhaps it is not genetics at all, but the absence of selection ?

How do you explain the problems associated with first cousin marriages in Pakistani communities in the UK that is responsible for so much disability among children?
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
Oh, you mean all the pretty faces John posted?

Simple. Results of a very long sequence of nearly line marriages, probably preceding Islam (tribal societies existed before it).

the number 30-50 generations I gave above was not random, this is what observes with fish. Now, Pakistani tribal tradition: 13 centuries of Islam, 5 generations per century gives us 65. But actually both 13 and 5 should be increased for accuracy ...

Now, if Omar's tribe has an equally long tradition AND similar problems were observed in Somalia .. maybe she should not marry her brother after all S6
Sanders 2020

(03-16-2019, 08:52 PM)mv Wrote: Oh, you mean all the pretty faces John posted?

What pretty faces?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710