Poll: How do you set your toilet paper in the dispenser?
Over the roll
Under the roll
Neither. Don't use a dispenser
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over or Under?
'Tis the Question that has been rumbling around for years and even decades.  "Which way are you supposed to install the roll of toilet paper in the holder?"  Well, according to Choice, an Australian magazine, the question has finally been answered for one and all.   Spiteful

Over or under? Toilet roll debate finally settled thanks to 128 year-old manual

[Image: 10626812-6775341-It_s_the_age_old_questi...410786.jpg][Image: 10626806-6775341-Australian_consumer_org...425369.jpg]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
I figure that if the toilet paper comes under the roll, then it will come in contact much more with the mold- and bacteria-infested wall. Many toilet paper dispensers hold the roll out a little way from the wall, but still if the paper comes under the roll, it is more likely to come in contact with the wall.

.png   ToiletPaperHolder.png (Size: 2.05 KB / Downloads: 35)
(03-09-2019, 05:51 PM)Ron Lambert Wrote: I figure that if the toilet paper comes under the roll, then it will come in contact much more with the mold- and bacteria-infested wall. Many toilet paper dispensers hold the roll out a little way from the wall, but still if the paper comes under the roll, it is more likely to come in contact with the wall.

Nah! The wall is clean. What is a real judgmental factor is grabbing the tissue most easily. Over the top, you can see the torn end and pull it open without spinning it sixty times and falling onto the floor, which really could be messy. If the cardboard inner roll hasn't been squashed too flat, the roll can spin and unroll due to the weight of the hanging tissue. Much easier to see what you are doing rather than guessing. Because of the spinning aspect, it easier to use two hands when needed to hold the roll still as you tear it.

Also, if you buy political toilet paper with pictures of Hillary or Obama on it, it needs to go over, or else they are upside down.
124-year-old patent solves the 'over versus under' toilet paper roll debate  

[Image: 550b2381eab8ea9559f13a78-960-1410.jpg]
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
Are Ron and I the only two who know how to vote? Eh?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
I don't know about you guys, but my dispenser is on the end of my sink cabinet, and I have to do contortions if I hope to use it.  So, I keep the roll in front of me, sitting on top of the two sets of towels/wash clothes, which is directly under the wall picture.  It makes a good fit, as long as the roll isn't too big.  That way I can measure out five pieces and then fold it in thirds.  

I never have the two-ply come apart, so everything works best that way for me.   Perhaps I need to get some of that 'political toilet paper' and really enjoy myself. Spiteful
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Another poll might be a similar item: Should men stand or sit to pee?

I remember a very good radio commentator mentioning how his father said men should sit to urinate, because it is the polite thing to do. He never specified why standing would be impolite, but misfires were understood to be the problem.

There is also the idea of peeing during a shower. Another thought is that Man Caves should have urinals.