Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As The Russia Hoax Begins To Unravel, The Gaslighting Begins
The Federalist

As The Russia Hoax Begins To Unravel, The Gaslighting Begins

Adam Mill

February 14, 2019

Excerpt:

The media has started backing away from the Russia collusion hoax. Many seem to know a reckoning is coming.

In episode 171 of “Seinfeld,” George Costanza makes up a story about having a house in the Hamptons in order to avoid attending an event with his dead fiancée’s parents, the Rosses. He soon learns they know of his deception but the Rosses nevertheless accept an invitation to the fictitious house.

George picks them up and begins driving towards a house that doesn’t exist. Both the Rosses and George maintain the pretense until George drives to the end of island past the last house in the Hamptons. George silently pleads for the Rosses to put an end to the charade. The lie’s momentum took on a life of its own as the players all continued acting their parts long after the truth was known.

The episode comes to mind as the media has started backing away from the Russia collusion hoax. Like Costanza, many of the media perpetrators seem to know a reckoning is coming. Politico warned Trump haters, “Prepare for disappointment.” Other examples of expectation managing can be found, such as here, here, here, and here. Mueller’s longtime top deputy at the FBI recently warned, “A public narrative has built an expectation that the special counsel will explain his conclusions, but I think that expectation may be seriously misplaced.”
Trump should follow through on this threat regarding NBC's broadcast license, the other networks would quickly stop what they are doing for fear it could happen to them.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
The media has started backing away from the Russia collusion hoax. Many seem to know a reckoning is coming.

Yeah, but the question is When? Dammit, I want to see some Action. "Gaslighting" eh? If that's the case, then they have been doing it all along. Gah

(02-17-2019, 04:11 PM)Canuknucklehead Wrote: Trump should follow through on this threat regarding NBC's broadcast license, the other networks would quickly stop what they are doing for fear it could happen to them.

I know that in Canada you guys don't have a 1st Amendment, but we do. Unless they are positively found guilty of crimes, they have the 1st Amendment on their side. I don't remember him threatening NBC of taking away their license, but if he did, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

For the historian's record, what is going on now is child's play compared to several other times in the nation's past. The public media war between the press and Andrew Jackson comes quickly to mind. You wouldn't believe some of the things that have gone on in this war called "Politics".
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Quote:I don't remember him threatening NBC of taking away their license, but if he did, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Going after NBC or any other output is counterproductive and indeed will cause more damage long term.

However, there is one tool that a strong president could use : anti-monopoly laws. Definitely applicable toward mass media, and the very fact of coordinated hysteria by ALL major news outlets is a hint on common control centers. Investigate and break up, no 1st Amendment worries.

But then Trump is a uniquely weak president, so don't hope.
Sodomia delenda est

(02-18-2019, 01:03 PM)mv Wrote:
Quote:I don't remember him threatening NBC of taking away their license, but if he did, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Going after NBC or any other output is counterproductive and indeed will cause more damage long term.

I would go after them in a different way. Instead of ridiculing them in the typical New Yawk manner, perhaps begin making mature, yet funny, remarks about them. Bring in some professional writers, who know how to use humor while making the Jackasses look totally inept.

(02-18-2019, 01:03 PM)mv Wrote: However, there is one tool that a strong president could use : anti-monopoly laws.   Definitely applicable toward mass media, and the very fact of coordinated hysteria by ALL major news outlets is a hint on common control centers.  Investigate and break up, no 1st Amendment worries.

But then Trump is a uniquely weak president, so don't hope.

I used to think the same thing, but of late I think I can see a mentally coordinated approach to his madness. Everything the Jackasses do,to trip him up, seems backfire on them. I'm beginning to think of him as a real genius.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Doing the best in the situation, perhaps.

But let's note:

On the domestic agenda, he had majority in Congress for two years. Could have used it better.... Obama used his to push Obamacare, Trump could have done more on the Wall (not important IMHO) and on infrastructure (absolutely crucial for any MAGA ideas)... but no.

On the foreign agenda, where normally even hostile congress and senate do not have much power to counter, he is constrained in major ways. First, Congress interferes and pushes its own line; secondly Trump, without his own team, had to install a straight newcon lineup.. so the policy is not quite the one Trump advocated when running --- and I think meant it. The downfall, if examined in the textbooks of 2030, would likely be attributed to Trump surrendering Flynn -- single worst mistake he made.
Sodomia delenda est

(02-18-2019, 01:55 PM)mv Wrote: ...On the domestic agenda, he had majority in Congress for two years.  Could have used it better....

He never had a majority. Never-Trumpers and Elitists plus Democrats equals a majority against Trump. Even with that, if he had anyone other than Ryan and McConnell leading the House and Senate, he could have accomplished much more. They are still fighting him by claiming they won't do what Dems have already done to pass bills, because the Dems may use anything the GOP does as a precedent, when they have no need of precedent to operate. As soon as a Dem gets in, watch the rules be rewritten.

Until someone passes term limits, it will stay the same.
Quote:He never had a majority.

My bad here, and double.

GOP had a majority -- we know now it is not the same.

And rereading what I wrote I see I made it sound like blaming Trump -- was not intentional. But the part about his position being weak -- still correct.
Sodomia delenda est

(02-18-2019, 05:00 PM)mv Wrote:

My bad here, and double.

And rereading what I wrote I see I made it sound like blaming Trump -- was not intentional.  But the part about his position being weak -- still correct.

No. Trump wasn't weak. View this video and then rebut anything you think is incorrect. I see nothing that is not dead on.

Absolutely, yes, week. Unable to implement his agenda.

(Not a reference to his personality here, only his position).

Surely, the weakest in modern days, maybe overall.
(02-18-2019, 05:00 PM)mv Wrote:

My bad here, and double.

And rereading what I wrote I see I made it sound like blaming Trump -- was not intentional.  But the part about his position being weak -- still correct.

If his position was/is weak, it is not due to him.  Rather it is being attacked and sabotaged by BOTH establishment party elites. He's an outsider, and not one of the DC "Bourgeoisie".  Considering what he has had to put up with, and accomplish up to this point, says a great deal about his.  

Also, he has no Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti to do his bidding, correct?  S5
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
The cause -- him or the overly strong opposition -- matters way less than the result.

As for having a pet KGB : lol, it is his opponents that have pet FBI and much else. And while purging media, as suggested above, may not be a great idea, purging FBI should be within presidential powers somehow?

Now, the opposition : it seems it has third component : his own administration. In several ways, but one that stands out is the foreign policy... it is being pulled in different directions. For example, the Syrian withdrawal... did not he say something about two months? Did not some other force -- in Washington -- decided to slow this down?

Now, I'm not suggesting that withdrawing is bad or good.... only that it was Trump's idea which he could not implement, and not because of Congress....

Meanwhile, the documented score for January is five Brits and either four or five Americans, the score for February is at least a dozen French... the trend is obviously toward the increase and eventually the Beirut 1982 rerun... not helpful for reelection. And this is where WEAK comes again.
(02-18-2019, 08:24 PM)mv Wrote: ...it was Trump's idea which he could not implement, and not because of Congress....

But it was because of Congress. He's battled the media, Hollywood, and Academia and outscored them all. His problem was not getting the votes in Congress, nor the effort from the establishment to force them through like Harry Reid did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flaws that will unravel Obama’s health plan JohnWho 3 990 10-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Last Post: WmLambert
  The Left Begins to Question Obama's Competence Canuknucklehead 4 789 11-14-2009, 11:47 PM
  The Mac Attack Begins - McCain Goes Nuclear on Obama Canuknucklehead 21 4,110 10-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Last Post: mcabromb
  As Losses Mount, GOP Begins Looking in the Mirror Grizzly 15 2,091 05-14-2008, 01:03 AM