Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Approval Rating 52%
Quote:Trump's approval rating among likely voters soars to his best in 23 MONTHS at 52 per cent after State of the Union address as border-wall shutdown talks intensify

Nancy Pelosi is the best thing that has happened to the Republicans, should Trump declare a national emergency his approval numbers will do up even further.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
I think he is doing a pretty good job of playing it 'for what its worth', by not getting in everyone's face. He's doing just enough, which highlights how outrageous the entire Jackass hierarchy is behaving. 'Course Miss Nancy is leading the way, as usual.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
The Democrats made a huge error in judgment when they chose Miss Nancy.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
Photo 
Well, Rasmussen has Trump currently rated at 50% approval, and the Media Whores are pulling out their hair.   S13
But there is more to all this than just approval ratings. There's Last Laughs from Trump and horrible embarrassment from McDaddy himself.  He's definitely the envy of the world.  S22

And back during the 2016 campaign, McDaddy got a good laugh as he ridiculed Trumps promises.  

Obama: Trump doesn’t have a “magic wand” to bring back the jobs

I wonder what he was doing with this stupid pronouncement out front and center, recorded for posterity?  I was looking around for the above video, so I could insert it here, and I came across this great satire about his colossal ego, and the schist caked all over his face.

PRICELESS! OBAMA MOCKS TRUMP For Plan To Bring Carrier Jobs Back: “What magic wand do you have?”

Trumps MAGIC WAND Makes Obama Look Clueless!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
And I mock Trump too. Trump didn't do anything.
Obama is right on the video you posted: Trump, at that time, promised to bring back job by writing a new deal (in this case with Mexico). "What new deal?" Obama asked.
And he was right: Trump failed to secured any new deal. Neither with Mexico, nor from China, nor with anybody else. Withdrawing from previous deal is not a new deal.

Trump can be credited for not destroying jobs. But he can't be credited for creating them. It's not Trump who created the jobs, but the free economy.
It's a huge difference because Trump's action have not provided many jobs. He picks a few examples of factories moving back to the US and drum it up all over the tv channels, repeating it again and again, while the number of jobs created by his protectionist measures is minimal in regard to those created monthly within the US economy, while the cost for business is very high. Of course it's impossible to quantify the jobs he destroyed with the same actions, or doesn't want to.
At best the number of jobs created "by Trump" is few thousands, less than two weeks of job creations in the US at best.
One of Trump's triumphant successes was in targeting Obama regulations and XOs that inhibited the economy. Obama XO'd rules that stopped off-shore drilling, Drilling in ANWAR, and anti-coal emissions controls. Stopping the Climate Change conspiracy was huge. Look at the metrics. They prove his successes.
WmL OK. but off-shore drilling is not the whole economy. It's not off shore drilling which is giving you a growth of 3.7%, thought it participate for, maybe, 0.1 or 0.2%.
Also regulation and restriction on drilling (on and off shore, tar sand and so on) date back way before Obama entered politics.
But OK, Obama is not a person. It's the symbol of everything negative.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama's approval rating WmLambert 1,241 535,856 12-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mr_yak
  Congressional Approval Rating John L 2 947 02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Last Post: jt
  Bush Approval Rating on the Rise GreyBeard 29 6,652 01-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Last Post: John L
  Bush approval rating reaches all-time low Anonymous24 65 22,348 08-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Last Post: WmLambert